Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Atom | Piano Roll 2 is now available

Comments

• Sorry for asking again , (asked in the previous mega-thread)

Speaking of automation it would be nice (for later version) to allow separate
    reverse (classic right to left and invert (upside down values) automation option , where notes are kept intact
    Imagine hearing a bassline with a lowpass filter sweep . It would interesting to reverse or invert that sweep
    @blueveek ?

• @Korakios said:
    Sorry for asking again , (asked in the previous mega-thread)

Speaking of automation it would be nice (for later version) to allow separate
    reverse (classic right to left and invert (upside down values) automation option , where notes are kept intact
    Imagine hearing a bassline with a lowpass filter sweep . It would interesting to reverse or invert that sweep
    @blueveek ?

There's definitely going to be a bunch of controls needed for "black box" automation. "Delete" is an absolute minimum that comes to mind. The features you mention are likely going to be very useful as well, I'll have to experiment for a bit to find the right balance there.

• I assume using Atom 2 inside Beatmaker 3 you still need the trick of adding Midi Route tools app out and onto a blank bank to record notes into the host sequencer?

• @blueveek said:

@Toastedghost said:

@blueveek said:

@RajahP said:
    Ok.. finally figured out how to open a CSS file.. I just want to get the dark ‘layout’ as seen in the video, etc. I don’t think I have to program stuff to just change the layout as the example file states.. do I... or am I missing something?

Atom respects the OS light mode / dark mode setting. Change to dark mode (and reopen AUM) to update.

Currently, reopening is only necessary in AUM, works immediately in other hosts.

Sorry you state change to dark mode? Where do I find the setting for this please?

Slide from the top-right of your iPad screen to open up Control Center. Long press the brightness slider and tap the "Dark Mode" button. This will toggle your iPad between light/dark mode, and Atom will respect that.

In AUM you'll need to close and reopen the app. In other hosts, the change is applied immediately. I've sent a report to @j_liljedahl to hopefully make AUM notify plugins immediately about this OS-level change as well.

Brilliant, many thanks, much nicer in darker mode.
    The Sausage finger mode is in the next update?
    Cheers

• @Toastedghost said:

@blueveek said:

@Toastedghost said:

@blueveek said:

@RajahP said:
    Ok.. finally figured out how to open a CSS file.. I just want to get the dark ‘layout’ as seen in the video, etc. I don’t think I have to program stuff to just change the layout as the example file states.. do I... or am I missing something?

Atom respects the OS light mode / dark mode setting. Change to dark mode (and reopen AUM) to update.

Currently, reopening is only necessary in AUM, works immediately in other hosts.

Sorry you state change to dark mode? Where do I find the setting for this please?

Slide from the top-right of your iPad screen to open up Control Center. Long press the brightness slider and tap the "Dark Mode" button. This will toggle your iPad between light/dark mode, and Atom will respect that.

In AUM you'll need to close and reopen the app. In other hosts, the change is applied immediately. I've sent a report to @j_liljedahl to hopefully make AUM notify plugins immediately about this OS-level change as well.

Brilliant, many thanks, much nicer in darker mode.
    The Sausage finger mode is in the next update?
    Cheers

Yes! It's under review.

• Are there any plans to implement per note probability?

• @vasilymilovidov said:
    Are there any plans to implement per note probability?

Yes, in the full automation update.

• edited March 2021

@Jumpercollins said:
    I assume using Atom 2 inside Beatmaker 3 you still need the trick of adding Midi Route tools app out and onto a blank bank to record notes into the host sequencer?

Yes - unfortunately BM3 has no native way to capture the output of any MIDI plugin into its own sequencer.... which is one of the reasons that prompted Victor to make MIDI Route in the first place.

We are currently trying to get Intua to revisit flexible MIDI routing/recording, but until that happens MIDI route is the way to go.

• Absolutely excellent release, @blueveek.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Congrats on the release! Is it possible to have the piano roll only show notes in scale? Like in LK and Ableton, fold note to scale feature.

• Really liking this so far, quick question and it may have already been discussed but I’m recording multichannel midi in AUM (have ticked all channels in Atom2) but the midi export file seems to all be on one channel.

• Instabought

• @tk32 said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    I assume using Atom 2 inside Beatmaker 3 you still need the trick of adding Midi Route tools app out and onto a blank bank to record notes into the host sequencer?

Yes - unfortunately BM3 has no native way to capture the output of any MIDI plugin into its own sequencer.... which is one of the reasons that prompted Victor to make MIDI Route in the first place.

We are currently trying to get Intua to revisit flexible MIDI routing/recording, but until that happens MIDI route is the way to go.

Just when I accepted that it’s gone forever... I hope there is a way :)
    Please keep us posted!
    Sorry for the off.

• Just bought Atom 2 but my previous presets from Atom don’t appear. What can I do to open them?

• @GrimLucky said:
    Really liking this so far, quick question and it may have already been discussed but I’m recording multichannel midi in AUM (have ticked all channels in Atom2) but the midi export file seems to all be on one channel.

The MIDI output settings inside Atom2 determine which channels that particular Atom instance outputs to (which can be any channel 1-16 or multiple channels at once). But if you export MIDI all the notes will be written to channel 1.

• Had a glitch. All the ui elements disappeared except for the grid. After restarting drambo those instances of atom fail to load.

• @winconway said:

@0tolerance4silence said:

@tk32 said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Just when I accepted that it’s gone forever... I hope there is a way :)
    Please keep us posted!
    Sorry for the off.

See my reply above, Piano Roll 2 does negate the issue a lot ;)

Thanks, I’m aware of workarounds. I’m hoping that with time we can move past them.

• @winconway said:

@GrimLucky said:
    Really liking this so far, quick question and it may have already been discussed but I’m recording multichannel midi in AUM (have ticked all channels in Atom2) but the midi export file seems to all be on one channel.

Quick explanation of the MIDI channels pop out.
    Selecting MIDI channels here is what Piano Roll 2 will output, so, anything that is input in to PR2 is flattened to a single stream of MIDI, then output on the selected channels, sort of like a funnelling effect.
    Multi channel MIDI input was on the feature list to be implemented and will probably record each channel to a separate pattern in the patterns list, but hey ho, early release, so just hang in there for now ;)

Ok thanks, makes sense now, if I tick each channel and monitor the output it repeats the same notes on every channel. I should probably stop playing around and watch the video 😁

For multichannel recording I can setup a separate instance for each channel.

• Insta-purchase!

Congrats on the release @blueveek !!!

I’ve already got a project brewing in Drambo with Atom 2 instances firing away on several tracks. Already in love with the magic clipboard... I can already tell I’m going to be spending a lot of time with this app.

Uh oh... Houston we have a problem!

Tried to reload this Drambo session and got errors on loading the Atom 2 instances. I’ll try a device restart.

• edited March 2021

@Intrepolicious said:
    Insta-purchase!

Congrats on the release @blueveek !!!

I’ve already got a project brewing in Drambo with Atom 2 instances firing away on several tracks. Already in love with the magic clipboard... I can already tell I’m going to be spending a lot of time with this app.

Uh oh... Houston we have a problem!

Tried to reload this Drambo session and got errors on loading the Atom 2 instances. I’ll try a device restart.

Yeah, I'm getting a few other reports about there being kind of Drambo incompatibility. I'm looking into it, thanks!

• edited March 2021

That Chaos mode in the Velocity section looks quite useful. Does it randomize the velocities just once or every time through the sequence? (I haven't been able to play with the app during work hours but caught a bit of Gavinski's video during my lunch break.)

• Is there a manual that I can check out somewhere?

• @orand said:
    Is there a manual that I can check out somewhere?

Not yet, working on it!

• Cool, thanks @winconway. Good to know visual folded notes are on roadmap. Definitely, saves a step when manually entering notes.

How are patterns triggered?