Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Atom | Piano Roll 2 is now available

Comments

• Purchased. You deserve it.

• @sloJordan said:
    Also, I notice that although it properly records notes past the loop bars (so that if you later change the loop, it will still have recorded the note lengths of the actual performance), on playback it still cuts the lengths short when looping. Is there a setting i am missing? If not, a feature request would be a button in settings to change behavior to be for any notes starting within the loop bounds, to complete their duration (unless cut off by a new note of the same note number), as opposed to being cut off at the loop bounds. Its really helpful for making smooth loops!

This is possible! Long press the launch button and enable "Loop with Legato"

• Really love the app icon logo as well.

• edited March 2021

@CapnWillie said:
    Does/could this pair well/replace BM3 piano roll or mostly a tool for AUM?

Yes sir. But it does so much more. It is geared towards a DAW-less workflow, like using AUM AB3 or Apematrix but it Will be useful in any daw.

• @sloJordan said:
    Also, I notice that although it properly records notes past the loop bars (so that if you later change the loop, it will still have recorded the note lengths of the actual performance), on playback it still cuts the lengths short when looping. Is there a setting i am missing? If not, a feature request would be a button in settings to change behavior to be for any notes starting within the loop bounds, to complete their duration (unless cut off by a new note of the same note number), as opposed to being cut off at the loop bounds. Its really helpful for making smooth loops!

This feature is already built-in. It's called Loop Legato, and you can enable it from the advanced Launch menu (simply long-press the launch button and scroll the tick boxes until you find loop legato)

• edited March 2021

Another question for @blueveek / @tk32 / anyone: is there a way to export all midi clips used in an AUM session in one go, .als zipped file style?

• edited March 2021

@blueveek

Maybe a bug not sure but I tried the clip launching using “launch note” C1. I have thru input select and when I press the C1 key on AUM keyboard the loop doesn’t reset to start of loop. Basically nothing happens. Been following @Gavinski video to try out everything he mentioned and this bit I cannot achieve. Probably finger trouble somewhere ! Disregard AUM hold function used to take the screenshot as tried this with it off and could not achieve clip launching.

SOLVED
    Ok disregard my eyes are going also just found out it -C1 not C1 I need to press disregard the question ! 👍

• @tk32 said:

This feature is already built-in. It's called Loop Legato, and you can enable it from the advanced Launch menu (simply long-press the launch button and scroll the tick boxes until you find loop legato)

Yayyy, ya i remember it being talked about long ago, but couldn't figure out how to enable it. Working great for me now!

• edited March 2021

@Jumpercollins said:
    @blueveek

Maybe a bug not sure but I tried the clip launching using “launch note” C1. I have thru input select and when I press the C1 key on AUM keyboard the loop doesn’t reset to start of loop. Basically nothing happens. Been following @Gavinski video to try out everything he mentioned and this bit I cannot achieve. Probably finger trouble somewhere ! Disregard AUM hold function used to take the screenshot as tried this with it off and could not achieve clip launching.

That's C minus 1, not C1.

Also, you can "midi learn" this by tapping on AUM's third button in the titlebar to open "MIDI Controls", then the knob button in that popup to enter MIDI Learn mode, then tap the launch button to assign it.

• @Svetlovska said:
    Another question for @blueveek / @tk32 / anyone: is there a way to export all midi clips used in an AUM session in one go, .als zipped file style?

No yet, but planned.

• Bought and looks great

• What is the intended behavior for recording when the tempo is set to things other than one? I'm getting some weird behavior where notes are recorded at incorrect offsets.

• Although, it is leading to some cool effects haha. I think it is just that it records as though no tempo was changed, but then plays back with the tempo change applied.

• @sloJordan said:
    Although, it is leading to some cool effects haha. I think it is just that it records as though no tempo was changed, but then plays back with the tempo change applied.

It sounds the way you played it when recording, then played back at the tempo you specified.

• Hi. Can you record pitch bends?

• @wingwizard said:
    Hi. Can you record pitch bends?

No, CC recording is disabled for this release. An upcoming update will enable all automation.

• @tja said:

@iansainsbury said:
    Oh, is this a new app? Never heard of it, but it sounds rather good.. Honestly, you'd think there would be some kind of thread talking about these things...

Yep.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/40267/atom-piano-roll-update-is-coming-soon

Since July 2020

And then, short before:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/44082/atom-2-video-walkthrough-really-coming-soon-biggest-release-of-2021-5-free-copies-to-give-away

Hard to get tone across in a forum message, but I was kidding ;)

• @blueveek Been looking forward to this release. Congrats on the development and shipping of it. Hope to use it a lot starting this evening 👊🏼™️

• edited March 2021

@blueveek, why chords (from Tonality or ChordPolyPad) are recorded correctly in Atom1 but randomly arpegiated in Atom2?

• @Gilbert said:
    @ blueveek, why chords (from Tonality or ChordPolyPad) are recorded correctly in Atom1 but randomly arpegiated in Atom2?

You have step input enabled.

• Two questions:

1) Is there a way to enable ratcheting when creating clips?

2) With regard to launching clips from a note or a cc, can you specify a midi controller? Otherwise, I’m afraid I might launch clips accidentally .... Thanks so much!!!

• This thread has had 5,000 views in only 5 hours.

That's crazy! must be some kind of new record.

• edited March 2021

@blueveek said:

@Gilbert said:
    @ blueveek, why chords (from Tonality or ChordPolyPad) are recorded correctly in Atom1 but randomly arpegiated in Atom2?

@blueveek yes, I would like like to step record them, like in Atom1, which is simple and quick input.
    Is this option removed on Atom2?

Simultaneous Step recording of a chord in both versions of Atom.

• @Gilbert said:

@blueveek said:

@Gilbert said:

@blueveek yes, I would like like to step record them, like in Atom1, which is simple and quick input.
    Is this option removed on Atom2?

Ah, gotcha! Step input inserts each note step by step with chords. I think it's also reasonable to expect notes that come in very close succession to be input together. I'll add this in an update in the very near future.

• @blueveek said:

@RajahP said:
    Ok.. finally figured out how to open a CSS file.. I just want to get the dark ‘layout’ as seen in the video, etc. I don’t think I have to program stuff to just change the layout as the example file states.. do I... or am I missing something?

Atom respects the OS light mode / dark mode setting. Change to dark mode (and reopen AUM) to update.

Currently, reopening is only necessary in AUM, works immediately in other hosts.

Sorry you state change to dark mode? Where do I find the setting for this please?

• edited March 2021

@Toastedghost said:

@blueveek said:

@RajahP said:
    Ok.. finally figured out how to open a CSS file.. I just want to get the dark ‘layout’ as seen in the video, etc. I don’t think I have to program stuff to just change the layout as the example file states.. do I... or am I missing something?

Atom respects the OS light mode / dark mode setting. Change to dark mode (and reopen AUM) to update.

Currently, reopening is only necessary in AUM, works immediately in other hosts.

Sorry you state change to dark mode? Where do I find the setting for this please?

Slide from the top-right of your iPad screen to open up Control Center. Long press the brightness slider and tap the "Dark Mode" button. This will toggle your iPad between light/dark mode, and Atom will respect that.

In AUM you'll need to close and reopen the app. In other hosts, the change is applied immediately. I've sent a report to @j_liljedahl to hopefully make AUM notify plugins immediately about this OS-level change as well.

• Awesome release! Nice work - your attention to quality and detail really shows.

Gavinski's video mentions that recording of sustain pedal works, but it doesn't seem to for me. Am I missing something or is that coming with the rest of the automation work?

Also, is there a plan for more streamlined per-note velocity editing, similar to the way Atom 1 does it? Or is this also coming as part of the automation release?

• edited March 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited March 2021

@andrewmalone said:
    Awesome release! Nice work - your attention to quality and detail really shows.

Gavinski's video mentions that recording of sustain pedal works, but it doesn't seem to for me. Am I missing something or is that coming with the rest of the automation work?

I did try to squeeze this in at the last minute, but perhaps there's an issue there. I'll look into it. Regardless, I've been pretty much convinced at this point that black-box automation recording is probably completely fine for a lot of people, so I'm working on it right now!

Also, is there a plan for more streamlined per-note velocity editing, similar to the way Atom 1 does it? Or is this also coming as part of the automation release?

Yes, semi-tied to the automation release. But I think I might release it sooner than that since it's not strictly related to it.