Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Atom | Piano Roll 2 is now available

Comments

• This is bloody fantastic. Can't wait to rock it. Is there an easy way to send Atom 1 stuff to Atom 2, or does it need to be done in real time or just reprogrammed?

• edited March 2021

Ok.. finally figured out how to open a CSS file.. I just want to get the dark ‘layout’ as seen in the video, etc. I don’t think I have to program stuff to just change the layout as the example file states.. do I... or am I missing something?

This is my layout..

• edited March 2021

@RajahP said:
    Ok.. finally figured out how to open a CSS file.. I just want to get the dark ‘layout’ as seen in the video, etc. I don’t think I have to program stuff to just change the layout as the example file states.. do I... or am I missing something?

Atom respects the OS light mode / dark mode setting. Change to dark mode (and reopen AUM) to update.

Currently, reopening is only necessary in AUM, works immediately in other hosts.

• @blueveek said:

@RajahP said:

Atom respects the OS light mode / dark mode setting. Change to dark mode (and reopen AUM) to update.

Currently, reopening is only necessary in AUM, works immediately in other hosts.

Thanks..

• Didn’t wait for the bundle option. Good work deserves reward. This is going to be as critical to my flow as AUM. Thank you.

• Congratulations! It’s beautiful!

• @blueveek is there a way to release the session from Launchpad after closing AUM other than unplugging the Launchpad?

• edited March 2021

@Stuntman_mike said:
    @blueveek is there a way to release the session from Launchpad after closing AUM other than unplugging the Launchpad?

If you force-close AUM, there's no way for Atom to clean up first. If you "clear" the session before force-closing (AUM menu -> Clear), Atom will play nice and release the Launchpad.

• swiping AUM closed causes it

• edited March 2021

@Stuntman_mike said:
    swiping AUM closed causes it

Yup! Also removing all nodes. Basically: give Atom a chance to know that the session was nuked, or close Atoms yourself.

• @blueveek said:

@Stuntman_mike said:
    swiping AUM closed causes it

Yup! Also removing all nodes. Basically: give Atom a chance to know that the session was nuked, or close Atoms yourself.

Got it, thank you!

• oh wow, when cc automation gets unleashes. this is really gonna change the whole way i make music.

• Had a very quick play before lunch - first impressions are that I can see this getting a lot of use :smiley:

The playhead does not follow the host in MTS when playing but I think this is likely to be an MTS issue as a quick test in NS2 showed it following correctly. The notes all seemed to play at the correct time but visually the playhead was ahead of the playing notes. It does follow the MTS host if the host playhead is dragged around manually. The audio scrub feature does not work unfortunately, where the MIDI note is sounded when you move the playhead over it, but I guess that would need to be baked in to Atom for it to function correctly.

I found myself wanting an "import from AudioShare" option but then realised that I can turn on AudioShare as a source location in Files. Just a tip for anyone who has not got this enabled already as it makes moving files around much easier.

Thanks @blueveek, this was worth the wait!

• so if is there a way to trigger an audio clip in aum from atom? or is there another app that be trigger by atom 2 to play play back an audio file?

• What's awesome with NS2 is that you can export your midi directly into NS2. Literally sketch out in Atom and send midi files to actually mixdown. This opens up a lot of doors.

• In AUM what does the error "Roll^2 failed. Couldn't communicate with a helper application." mean?

• edited March 2021

@Rabban said:
    In AUM what does the error "Roll^2 failed. Couldn't communicate with a helper application." mean?

Do you have iCloud disabled? If so, there's a problem in the current version occurring because of this. An update coming out in a day or so will fix it: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/926001/#Comment_926001

• edited March 2021

@eross said:
    so if is there a way to trigger an audio clip in aum from atom? or is there another app that be trigger by atom 2 to play play back an audio file?

I experimented with AUM's built-in audio/sample player during the beta, but it didn't quite cut it (for several reasons), so I personally switched over to using Drambo as my sampler/audio slicer of choice, but other plugins are available that will do this for you.

Basically, any plugin that can host audio and will respond to incoming MIDI from Atom.

I have a video showing how I sequence sliced breakbeats in Drambo using Atom. I'll upload it shortly.

• So midi import does not allow you to select if you have 2 different channels of midi?? Like in LK if you have 2 it will ask you what you want to import. Am I missing something? It just dumps it all in. Thanks

• @MisplacedDevelopment : bear of little brain here. Can you explain exactly how I sort the AudioShare thing in Files? Thanks!

• Atom 1 owner here but gladly paid for the update. Just had a quick go with basic piano roll operations. The feel of the interface is rock solid, even at small grid sizes. Navigating around the interface is intuitive. Congrats Victor.

• @tk32 said:

@eross said:
    so if is there a way to trigger an audio clip in aum from atom? or is there another app that be trigger by atom 2 to play play back an audio file?

I experimented with AUM's built-in audio/sample player during the beta, but it didn't quite cut it (for several reasons), so I personally switched over to using Drambo as my sampler/audio slicer of choice, but other plugins are available that will do this for you.

Basically, any plugin that can host audio and will respond to incoming MIDI from Atom.

I have a video showing how I sequence sliced breakbeats in Drambo using Atom. I'll upload it shortly.

thanks, yeah i just tried it with koala. i’m set ! that worked perfectly.

• Bought! From what i can tell, this is a great update.

@blueveek is there a way to preview midi files? I have a lot of midi drum files on my iPad and being able to preview them with the assigned instrument in AUM (Beathawk Drums) would greatly speed up my workflow. Now I have to import a midi file, play it and delete and replace it if I don’t like it.

• edited March 2021

@onerez said:
    So midi import does not allow you to select if you have 2 different channels of midi??

The plan is to enable importing each lane in a separate Pattern, but it's not part of this release. An update is planned which will add it soon.

• edited March 2021

@Maarten said:
    is there a way to preview midi files?

Nope, but that's a cool feature that would be nice to have for sure.

• @blueveek said:
    @marten Nope, but that's a cool feature that would be nice to have for sure.

I second that!

• @eross said:

@tk32 said:

@eross said:

thanks, yeah i just tried it with koala. i’m set ! that worked perfectly.

Glad to hear!

• @blueveek said:

@Rabban said:
    In AUM what does the error "Roll^2 failed. Couldn't communicate with a helper application." mean?

Do you have iCloud disabled? If so, there's a problem in the current version occurring because of this. An update coming out in a day or so will fix it: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/926001/#Comment_926001

I have the free 5GB iCloud enabled and it is enabled for Atom 2.. I seem to have iCloud Drive disabled. Is iCloud Drive required?

Thanks!

• @Rabban said:

@blueveek said:

@Rabban said:

I have the free 5GB iCloud enabled and it is enabled for Atom 2.. I seem to have iCloud Drive disabled. Is iCloud Drive required?

Thanks!

Only for version 2.0. Version 2.0.1 which will be available tomorrow won't require iCloud Drive anymore. But if you enable iCloud Drive today (the free version is fine) Atom will start working just fine :)

• Congratulations and Thanks too @blueveek !