Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Atom 2 video walkthrough - biggest release of 2021 - winners announced

13»

Comments

• Are there import and export functions in ATOM 2?

• edited March 2021

@Iskander said:
    Are there import and export functions in ATOM 2?

Yes I believe so. Amongst a lot of other great feature upgrades.

• edited March 2021

@Gavinski said:
    Atom 2 video walkthrough coming very very soon - biggest release of 2021 - 5 free copies to give away

Victor Porof has spent about a year working on this update to Atom, and this is by far the most hotly anticipated iOS app of 2021 in any category. This is probably the most full-featured piano roll & midi sequencer on iOS bar none. But it is also a powerful clip launcher with deep integration with AUM and with controllers like the Launchpad and others. You can even script it to customize the interface or controller functionality to suit your needs. For people using hosts like AUM, which lacks a native piano roll, this will be a game changer, but even those using more traditional daws may want to use Atom 2 instead of their daws own piano roll. Host compatibility details can be found below, read carefully to check if your daw is supported.

This review video is a highly detailed walkthrough demo of almost all the main features and will show you why the app is so powerful. After watching this tutorial you will have a very good idea of how to use the app. You will also know clearly what is currently missing from the app and what is planned to be added.

Details of how to win one of 5 free copies of either Atom 2 or Midi Tools by the same developer are in the pinned Youtube comment.

This video has timestamps when viewed in YouTube.

Please remember, folks, that although we live in an age of an abundance of free online content, this content is produced by flesh and blood people - people like me and you. So you can make the choice to help out the channel by not watching these behind an ad blocker, as I am sure you do not want to exploit your dear old Gavinski any more than YouTube is already exploiting him 😉. A lot of viewers ask how Youtube ad revenue works - basically, if you skip ads before 30 seconds is up, or without clicking on a link, the creator is unlikely to get any remuneration from Youtube. So when you view vids by Youtubers you like, watching at least one or two ads is a good way to support us. Thank you!

You can follow me on Twitter at @gavinski_s. I mostly only post music-related stuff. Also, if you enjoy the channel and would like to show your appreciation, my PalPal is
    https://paypal.me/GavinskisTutorials I am very happy when people support me in this way, and will certainly take the time to email you to thank you personally if you do 🙏.

Neon Vines is currently on the u tube ads could watch her all day so no problem 😀

• Oh yeah, good info. If only I could choose what ads viewers would see, the channel's ads would be synth hotties Al day long 😉😂

• So.. what time does ATOM 2 drop... If the video starts in 90 min?

• @blueveek said Apple scheduled it for today, so at some point today I guess :)

• @FloRi89 said:
    @blueveek said Apple scheduled it for today, so at some point today I guess :)

Ok.. hopefully before the video starts..🙂

• @RajahP said:
    So.. what time does ATOM 2 drop... If the video starts in 90 min?

I was asking myself the same :-) Really slow with this review time Apple this time;-)

• I asked Gavin it’s planned to drop the same time as the video.

• Which should be damn soon as this video is starting in a few mins! I'm heading in to the chat now.

• So what's the verdict folks? Lives up to the hype or not? Bearing in mind that automation is coming soon

• @Gavinski said:
    So what's the verdict folks? Lives up to the hype or not? Bearing in mind that automation is coming soon

Import/export lives up to expectations. Everything else=mounds of icing on the top. Loving it.

• Ugh i missed the live! Feel during sleep time on a work night. Catching the video now!

• @Gavinski said:
    So what's the verdict folks? Lives up to the hype or not? Bearing in mind that automation is coming soon

So far I'm liking it. There's a lot to take on board (thanks for the deep dive vid...👍) but I'm loving the MIDI import and layers. I tried not to get too hyped by its impending release but I admit that I hit the purchase button the second it appeared in the app store...😉

• I think it is very impressive. Automation and mpe will make it the best thing ever

• @Gavinski said:
    I think it is very impressive. Automation and mpe will make it the best thing ever

For me @blueveek released Atom 2 too soon. The lack of (some) automation is holding me to buy it. I have the patience to wait, let's see what the future brings.

• edited March 2021

Morning! (East Coast U.S. here - edit: it’s already after noon??) Couldn’t hang for the premiere video last night, but will be having a watch this morning with my coffee. Already smashed the purchase button for Atom 2 and I hope everyone else does the same!

@blueveek deserves everything he can get for all the love he’s put into this. Looking forward to seeing this evolve into the greatest MIDI sequencer/clip launcher ever!

• Thanks @Gavinski for mentioning MPE. I'm with you in that only recording it would do. I would pay for that feature - IAP - @blueveek, whenever it gets implemented (no presures)

I like this a lot. Of course, purchased (no bundle) as soon as it was available.

Other thing I liked was the patterns (around min. 43). I won't be using the Ableton/launchpad thing but I could imagine using the patterns, which makes me wish some kind of follow up actions (play this 4 times then go to that...)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @despego yes to mpe and more ways to use patterns

@Owgill thanks!

@Intrepolicious and @Pierre118 yup, can't wait til automation gets added, Pierre I think that might actually be very soon, based on a chat I had with Victor a few days ago

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @winconway said:

@Gavinski said:
    @despego yes to mpe and more ways to use patterns

@Owgill thanks!

@Intrepolicious and @Pierre118 yup, can't wait til automation gets added, Pierre I think that might actually be very soon, based on a chat I had with Victor a few days ago

Lets not start the soon thing again, it will come, he asked users what they wanted, the majority wanted it early with no automation, so I really hope everybody can keep up their end of the bargain and let him take however long it takes for him to make it happen.
    Victor wont say this, but I will (and he will kill me for it in the morning) the last “coming soon” thread nearly broke him, he put so much energy and time in to getting the release done, including using up holidays and a lot, and I mean a lot, of late nights, just to try and live up to a “Coming soon” that was actually just misinterpreted from an email conversation.

Lets give him a little break and move away from the “Soons”

OK Win, well said and well meant. Glad you chimed in.

• @Gavinski when will be the giveaway results? I can't wait :)

• I think he said it may be a bit longer than usual as he’s recovering from his eye operation...

@MAtrixplan said:
    @Gavinski when will be the giveaway results? I can't wait :)

• Thnx @Krupa it's OK, I'm going toessage the winners about two hours from now, cheers tho ❤️

• 👍👍

• good luck with your surgery @Gavinski

• @mlau thank you 🙏

The lucky winners are:

Vm sky (atom 2)
    Drone King (atom 2)
    Carey (atom 2)
    Monitus Music (atom 2)
    Damon Griffin (atom 2)
    🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉