Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Atom 2 video walkthrough - biggest release of 2021 - winners announced

Atom 2 video walkthrough coming very very soon - biggest release of 2021 - 5 free copies to give away

Victor Porof has spent about a year working on this update to Atom, and this is by far the most hotly anticipated iOS app of 2021 in any category. This is probably the most full-featured piano roll & midi sequencer on iOS bar none. But it is also a powerful clip launcher with deep integration with AUM and with controllers like the Launchpad and others. You can even script it to customize the interface or controller functionality to suit your needs. For people using hosts like AUM, which lacks a native piano roll, this will be a game changer, but even those using more traditional daws may want to use Atom 2 instead of their daws own piano roll. Host compatibility details can be found below, read carefully to check if your daw is supported.

This review video is a highly detailed walkthrough demo of almost all the main features and will show you why the app is so powerful. After watching this tutorial you will have a very good idea of how to use the app. You will also know clearly what is currently missing from the app and what is planned to be added.

Details of how to win one of 5 free copies of either Atom 2 or Midi Tools by the same developer are in the pinned Youtube comment.

This video has timestamps when viewed in YouTube.

Please remember, folks, that although we live in an age of an abundance of free online content, this content is produced by flesh and blood people - people like me and you. So you can make the choice to help out the channel by not watching these behind an ad blocker, as I am sure you do not want to exploit your dear old Gavinski any more than YouTube is already exploiting him 😉. A lot of viewers ask how Youtube ad revenue works - basically, if you skip ads before 30 seconds is up, or without clicking on a link, the creator is unlikely to get any remuneration from Youtube. So when you view vids by Youtubers you like, watching at least one or two ads is a good way to support us. Thank you!

You can follow me on Twitter at @gavinski_s. I mostly only post music-related stuff. Also, if you enjoy the channel and would like to show your appreciation, my PalPal is
https://paypal.me/GavinskisTutorials I am very happy when people support me in this way, and will certainly take the time to email you to thank you personally if you do 🙏.

Comments

• Reminder set :)

• Victor will join us in the premiere live chat btw!

• Looking forward to this and will watch the ads :)

• Nice @Gavinski looking forward to it!

• For sure I will have left out a couple of things - there are already a few i have thought of! You and Victor can fill in the blanks, I think you were on that beta forever lol

@tk32 said:
    Reminder set :)

• edited March 2021

Yes - I've had the honour of working with Blueveek for a good while now.

I honestly don't know how he puts up with me.

...and no need to apologise in advance about missing things out. It's inevitable with something this deep and modular.

• This means we are getting closer!
    Is this a live event?

• It is! @reasOne and Victor will join us in chat, as mentioned

• @Gavinski said:
    It is! @reasOne and Victor will join us in chat, as mentioned

Sweet! LOL i see now... haven’t had that morning coffee yet so i can’t be blamed 😂 looking forward to it !

• Ha! I bought Atom a couple of months ago to learn it before the update came. The thread has blown my mind with endless features and requests that I don’t understand. This will make sense of it all. The Atom Bomb! 👍

• lol 6 am here. Might not watch this live. :smiley:

• Yeah man! Was hard to get a time when both Victor and I would be available for the live chat. Don't worry, the video will be there for you still after the premiere has ended 😉

• It’s not out and this video is live in 17hours. You guys are really want to kill us?!? 🤔

• (release is scheduled for tomorrow)

• @blueveek said:
    (release is scheduled for tomorrow)

BOOM

• By the way, @blueveek just told me it is OK to tell ppl that there will, for some period of time at least, be a chance for existing users to get a free upgrade! Of course, that bundle may take a while to get approved, so the impatient and / or generous may decide to just buy anyway! Maybe @blueveek would like to elaborate on what he knows about how it will play out with the app store.

• edited March 2021

One Atom 2 please, no cheese, extra sauce

• Hmmm 4:00am premier
    🤷 I might just do it.

• edited March 2021

@Gavinski said:
    . A lot of viewers ask how Youtube ad revenue works - basically, if you skip ads before 30 seconds is up, or without clicking on a link, the creator is unlikely to get any remuneration from Youtube. So when you view vids by Youtubers you like, watching at least one or two ads is a good way to support us. Thank you!

I pay for YouTube Premium and don’t get ads regardless. How does that work for creators? Does YT kick in some percentage of paid subscribers? I’m guessing it’s more likely that you get bubkis.

@Gavinski said:
    By the way, @blueveek just told me it is OK to tell ppl that there will, for some period of time at least, be a chance for existing users to get a free upgrade! Of course, that bundle may take a while to get approved, so the impatient and / or generous may decide to just buy anyway! Maybe @blueveek would like to elaborate on what he knows about how it will play out with the app store.

Please, people! iOS software, especially niche music apps, aren’t sustainable as it is. Obviously times are rough, but if you’ve spent money for beer or coffee in the last month, please think long and hard before taking the free offer. It’s obvious blueveek has put a massive amount of love and labor into this and it’s only right.

If it’s too much for you right now and you need to take the free offer, at least write a positive review!

• Biggest release of the year will (hopefully) be Logic Pro for iPad - supposedly coming at wwdc this year.

As of right now, aum + atom 2 will be my preferred workflow. Very flexible, modular, and powerful.

• edited March 2021

@ion677 said:
    Biggest release of the year will (hopefully) be Logic Pro for iPad - supposedly coming at wwdc this year.

As of right now, aum + atom 2 will be my preferred workflow. Very flexible, modular, and powerful.

Logic Pro for iPad???
    Whoa 🤯

https://www.musicradar.com/news/tech-analyst-says-hes-100-confident-that-logic-pro-is-coming-to-ipad-pro

“... Logic Pro X, but also Final Cut Pro X and development platform Xcode are coming to the iPad Pro.”

• edited March 2021

No freaking way. I’ve literally had to avoid the other thread, several separate times for a month or so at a time, just so my anticipation and deep need of this app wouldn’t keep building up. Thank you for giving me hope on near release. I’ve been waiting patiently, but holding in how much I been dying to get my hands on this. Now I can finally let it all out cause it’s on the way. F yea!

• The release will easily make my month

• edited March 2021

WIll be buying not waiting (whether using intially or otherwise...)

• @Gavinski
    I see what you did there with the thread title 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

• @blueveek i was just curious if you were still going with the upgrade bundle idea, for Atom 1 owners? I know you said it will take a couple extra days for the bundle to propagate, but I’m curious if that was the plan or...? I’m so excited I might not even be able to wait the 2 days it takes..

Also any announcements on Price Point, both for the individual app, and potential bundle upgrade? Just wondering if it be worth the wait. If this app is what I think it will be I’m gonna just give you full price anyway since you’ve been working so hard for so long. Cheers.

• @Gavinski said:
    By the way, @blueveek just told me it is OK to tell ppl that there will, for some period of time at least, be a chance for existing users to get a free upgrade! Of course, that bundle may take a while to get approved, so the impatient and / or generous may decide to just buy anyway! Maybe @blueveek would like to elaborate on what he knows about how it will play out with the app store.

Sorry @blueveek i just read this.

• @Gavinski i remember him saying it will take at least a couple extra days, not sure specifically though.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    @blueveek i was just curious if you were still going with the upgrade bundle idea, for Atom 1 owners? I know you said it will take a couple extra days for the bundle to propagate, but I’m curious if that was the plan or...? I’m so excited I might not even be able to wait the 2 days it takes..

Also any announcements on Price Point, both for the individual app, and potential bundle upgrade? Just wondering if it be worth the wait. If this app is what I think it will be I’m gonna just give you full price anyway since you’ve been working so hard for so long. Cheers.

Apple does not allow bundles to be set up before release of the components on the store. As far as I know, there is no way for a developer to make bundle pricing available until after all the components are live in the store -- and it can take days after the bundle is created for it to propagate through the store.

• This will be the biggest upgrade for my iPad workflow since I got AUM.