Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song Of The Month Club - March 2021

What is the Song of the Month Club?

It's a place where musicians come to give and receive feedback on their work. Anyone is welcome, whatever their level of ability.

The spirit of the club is to contribute: if you submit a song for others to comment on, you should also have the courtesy to listen to everyone else's contributions and give as much feedback as possible. Posting a track and not listening and commenting on others is not cool.

The purpose of feedback is to be honest. Essentially you should give your truthful impressions of the song, whether good or bad. Negative feedback, if done in the right spirit and with courtesy, can be the most useful and can help the artist to grow and improve and correct their mistakes.

All submissions are welcome, don't hesitate if you want to contribute. We like all kinds of music and we are particularly fond of vocals (but of course we still love a great instrumental). If you are thinking of experimenting with vocals this is a good place to get started.

We ask that you only post one song per month in this thread - if you're lucky enough to be able to produce more, then please just submit your strongest material

And finally, iOS is not a requirement for posting here. If you've recorded your song using nothing but a ukulele and a Fostex 4 track, that's fine

Comments

• My entry for the month, lyrics in the spoiler:

Love that’s lost
    When you’re young
    Is so hard to recover from
    You’ll never light
    A more destructive fire

And you weren’t with me
    It nearly killed me
    I never saw you
    I never called you

Empty nights
    An empty bed
    With just the voices in your head
    You’ll never feel
    A loneliness so dire

And you weren’t with me
    It nearly killed me
    I never saw you
    I never called you

• Once again, I used the Launchpad app to create the music. And I used Launchpad’s Organic Electronica Soundpack for this one.

It’s titled Night Driver.

• Surprise: I have recorded another song for the ongoing playlist, in which I revive memories of my youth ;) . This time my contribution is a bit more on the 'catchy' side and deals with a time when I liked to buy a lot: music equipment, software, movies, records—and I reflect on the feelings that went along with it. I’m glad if you take a listen.

• Hi Guys.. Well someone is posting my tracks on YouTube (& its not the Label whos doing it?... :D ).. Still easier for me to post here this way.... So what the heck.. This track has just been released from Promo.. Sarah B is an UK Artist who has been remixed by Stonebridge.. She also the lead singer for the Band, Nature of Wires (which i just done a couple of Remixes for.. They make dark Electro New Wave music...)... So far this is the first one to be be released, from the EP.. Im still doing more work with her.. Almost an Albums worth, & rising ( :D )...

Enjoy guys..

• Something a bit louder from us this month. All the music was done on the iPad using Cubasis this time. I set the Mrs a real challenge to come up with a melody for this one but fair dues I think she was up to it.

• @DavidEnglish said:
    Once again, I used the Launchpad app to create the music. And I used Launchpad’s Organic Electronica Soundpack for this one.

Chill out with an edge. The icy cold pad A minor chord is just on the edge between ethereal and sinister. The visuals are very effective too. The bass that comes in towards the end gives the arrangement a nice twist.

• @Janka said:
    Surprise: I have recorded another song for the ongoing playlist, in which I revive memories of my youth ;) . This time my contribution is a bit more on the 'catchy' side and deals with a time when I liked to buy a lot: music equipment, software, movies, records—and I reflect on the feelings that went along with it. I’m glad if you take a listen.

The interplay between the bass and the chords is great here, and creates a very nice and memorable tune. The track has a great light-hearted vibe and if you were trying to convey the feeling of elation that you experienced when buying new things when you were younger then that comes across perfectly.

I like the ebb and flow of the arrangement, which along with the drum groove keeps everything moving beautifully.

But best of all is that really great Dm Gm Am chord progression in the main theme, it's terrific - very musical and catchy.

• Hello everyone. Long time lurker and this is my first post. Made with Noir, Animoog and ripplemaker.

• @studs1966 said:
    Hi Guys.. Well someone is posting my tracks on YouTube (& its not the Label whos doing it?... :D ).. Still easier for me to post here this way.... So what the heck.. This track has just been released from Promo.. Sarah B is an UK Artist who has been remixed by Stonebridge.. She also the lead singer for the Band, Nature of Wires (which i just done a couple of Remixes for.. They make dark Electro New Wave music...)... So far this is the first one to be be released, from the EP.. Im still doing more work with her.. Almost an Albums worth, & rising ( :D )...

Enjoy guys..

Polished as usual 👍

• @orchardman said:
    Something a bit louder from us this month. All the music was done on the iPad using Cubasis this time. I set the Mrs a real challenge to come up with a melody for this one but fair dues I think she was up to it.

There's a sweet contrast between the muscular guitars and the much softer vocal, in fact the whole track is made of contrasts since the elctro-sounding intro doesn't prepare you at all for the chunky guitars that follow :)

I think the vocal could do with being mixed a fraction quieter so that it sits better in the mix, currently it's drowning out the other musical elements. When you have loud guitars you want them to stay loud.

And good job on the melody 👍

• @Hursoom said:
    Hello everyone. Long time lurker and this is my first post. Made with Noir, Animoog and ripplemaker.

The background pads are beautiful and atmospheric, although I do find the distorted riff a bit relentless and jarring - I think it would be better if it was used more sparingly to leave room for the other elements in the track to shine. The ending is very soothing after that five minutes of aural assault :)

• @richardyot said:

@Hursoom said:
    Hello everyone. Long time lurker and this is my first post. Made with Noir, Animoog and ripplemaker.

The background pads are beautiful and atmospheric, although I do find the distorted riff a bit relentless and jarring - I think it would be better if it was used more sparingly to leave room for the other elements in the track to shine. The ending is very soothing after that five minutes of aural assault :)

Hello Richard, thank you for the feedback. To be honest I didn’t expect anyone to listen to the whole thing. I was having such a bad day mentally on Saturday and the distorted riff felt fitting. I’m not sure if this might surprise anyone but that tone is generated by Ruismaker noir only. I decided to post it as a challenge to myself since I usually abandon my compositions halfway. Hopefully I’ll have the chance in the future to share with you all more pleasing tracks. Cheers!

• edited March 2021

From a just finished album with CAAt Claw.
    I tried to translate her lyrics.
    Patrick Guillot made the video from Isabelle Bagdassarian's photos.

KhOä the wise

his warty skin has seen swamps
    the bow of his boat traces a wake in the mists
    the lights of the villages light up
    he speaks
    he speaks and ignorance is silent

he carries
    dried powders, medicines
    remedies conceived far from the dispensaries
    but above all he speaks
    his lantern high like a signal
    It announces KhOä the wise
    he speaks
    he speaks of life
    of jolts, of everything that unfolds
    he speaks of death
    of what dries, dissociates, shrivels, of the windfall
    he speaks

he goes through the world and tells it
    in all its sap
    from the sunset to the moonrise
    he speaks

CAAt Claw : soundcloud.com/caat-claw
    Kitusai : www.kitusai.com
    Isabelle Bagdassarian : isabagda.wixsite.com/ibimagines
    Patrick Guillot : patrickg75.blogspot.com

• edited March 2021

@Kitusai really cool
    Here is an old one from me, ist more a Medley of 4 Versions from one Track

• @richardyot said:
    My entry for the month, lyrics in the spoiler:

Love that’s lost
    When you’re young
    You’ll never light
    A more destructive fire

And you weren’t with me
    It nearly killed me
    I never saw you
    I never called you

Empty nights
    An empty bed
    You’ll never feel
    A loneliness so dire

And you weren’t with me
    It nearly killed me
    I never saw you
    I never called you

Great song Richard, loving the funky bass line and electric piano sounds. Really strong production as well and probably one of your best vocals.

• @DavidEnglish said:
    Once again, I used the Launchpad app to create the music. And I used Launchpad’s Organic Electronica Soundpack for this one.

Normally I’m not a fan of these long sprawling instrumentals but this one had enough going on to retain my interest throughout. Great use of the Launchpad app and nice visualisation video.

• @orchardman said:

@richardyot said:
    My entry for the month, lyrics in the spoiler:

Love that’s lost
    When you’re young
    You’ll never light
    A more destructive fire

And you weren’t with me
    It nearly killed me
    I never saw you
    I never called you

Empty nights
    An empty bed
    You’ll never feel
    A loneliness so dire

And you weren’t with me
    It nearly killed me
    I never saw you
    I never called you

Great song Richard, loving the funky bass line and electric piano sounds. Really strong production as well and probably one of your best vocals.

Thanks!

• @Janka said:
    Surprise: I have recorded another song for the ongoing playlist, in which I revive memories of my youth ;) . This time my contribution is a bit more on the 'catchy' side and deals with a time when I liked to buy a lot: music equipment, software, movies, records—and I reflect on the feelings that went along with it. I’m glad if you take a listen.

Nice production, this one was more of a song rather then your previous soundscape entries.

• @studs1966 said:
    Hi Guys.. Well someone is posting my tracks on YouTube (& its not the Label whos doing it?... :D ).. Still easier for me to post here this way.... So what the heck.. This track has just been released from Promo.. Sarah B is an UK Artist who has been remixed by Stonebridge.. She also the lead singer for the Band, Nature of Wires (which i just done a couple of Remixes for.. They make dark Electro New Wave music...)... So far this is the first one to be be released, from the EP.. Im still doing more work with her.. Almost an Albums worth, & rising ( :D )...

Enjoy guys..

Nice professional production although there was something about the kick sounded that grated after a while. Not really my sort of music so it went on way too long for me.

• @Hursoom said:

Lots of interesting sounds. The main distorted riff went on too long for me maybe brea9it up a bit with some quieter moments in between.

• @Kitusai said:

KhOä the wise

he speaks

he carries
    dried powders, medicines
    but above all he speaks
    he speaks
    he speaks of life
    he speaks of death
    he speaks

in all its sap
    he speaks

Loved this. You just keep coming up with something different every month. My only complaint is that the instrumental sections could have a bit longer and that you made me listen to somebody speaking your beautiful french language the morning after you beat Wales in the rugby 😀🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

• @Overdosed_Ape said:
    @Kitusai really cool

Some nice quirky sounds but it doesn’t really go anywhere

• @Kitusai said:

KhOä the wise

he speaks

he carries
    dried powders, medicines
    but above all he speaks
    he speaks
    he speaks of life
    he speaks of death
    he speaks

in all its sap
    he speaks

It's beautiful. The percussion and sparse bassline create a very intriguing atmosphere, full of mystery and tension. The poem itself is also haunting, and the music complements it perfectly.

The vocal delivery is given with the perfect amount of conviction, and holds the listener's attention hypnotically.

And the flute that comes in towards the end is a great touch. The combination of the haunting and sparse music with the beautiful and mesmerising words works perfectly here.

• @Overdosed_Ape said:
    @Kitusai really cool

It's a trippy collage of sounds, sometimes a little disjointed, but always weird and interesting. It feels like I've stepped into the future and the machines are jamming away in their own musical genre.

• This is made completely on IOS, with a lot of app guidance from this forum.

I shared this a while back in the "General" forum, but am working on a second project now and would love some feedback on how to improve upon this. I've noticed, since I 'released' this, that it's lower volume than a lot of youtube vids. It's not mastered as I honestly didn't even think about that as I only plan on publishing these projects via Youtube, Facebook and Instagram.

Thoughts?

• edited March 2021

Hello all,

Here's my entry of the month, almost fully done on IOS (except the voice and a bass)
    All platforms:
    https://www.kissmee.fr/tracks/motoo-overxtend

YouTube

Thanks for your thoughts !

• @Sabicas said:
    This is made completely on IOS, with a lot of app guidance from this forum.

I shared this a while back in the "General" forum, but am working on a second project now and would love some feedback on how to improve upon this. I've noticed, since I 'released' this, that it's lower volume than a lot of youtube vids. It's not mastered as I honestly didn't even think about that as I only plan on publishing these projects via Youtube, Facebook and Instagram.

Thoughts?

Wow - it's really good to see and hear something so different, thanks for posting :)

Excellent playing, the ukulele performance in particular was really impressive, and very enjoyable to watch.

I thought the piece was really solid, but maybe the interlocking melodies between the pedal steel and the 12 string banjo got a bit lost when they were playing over each other - you might want to consider using a call-and-response format so that each instrument gets a bit more space and the melodies are heard distinctly. Then they could overlap at some moments but I think this would make the arrangement clearer.

Great stuff though, and a delight to listen to.

• @crony said:
    Hello all,

Here's my entry of the month, almost fully done on IOS (except the voice and a bass)
    All platforms:
    https://www.kissmee.fr/tracks/motoo-overxtend

YouTube

Thanks for your thoughts !

Super-aggressive track :)

I thought maybe there was too much distortion, since almost every part seems to be bathed in distortion effects, it does make the track feel very heavy.

But a good slice of heavy electro, mean and aggressive.

• @richardyot said:

@Sabicas said:
    This is made completely on IOS, with a lot of app guidance from this forum.

Thoughts?

Wow - it's really good to see and hear something so different, thanks for posting :)

Excellent playing, the ukulele performance in particular was really impressive, and very enjoyable to watch.

I thought the piece was really solid, but maybe the interlocking melodies between the pedal steel and the 12 string banjo got a bit lost when they were playing over each other - you might want to consider using a call-and-response format so that each instrument gets a bit more space and the melodies are heard distinctly. Then they could overlap at some moments but I think this would make the arrangement clearer.

Great stuff though, and a delight to listen to.

Hey, thank you! I really appreciate the feedback.

I'm currently composing the next project and am laying down scratch takes as I improvise out ideas. It's an arrangement of 6 instruments so the issue you describe is even more of a hazard.