Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• so could AUV3 support

• I want this :)

• VR, meh. 😑 Not practical or useful. Gimmick from 90s. Sucks for anyone who wears glasses.

• Meanwhile, what little gaming I do is basically entirely VR at this point. :)

• @auxmux said:
    VR, meh. 😑 Not practical or useful. Gimmick from 90s. Sucks for anyone who wears glasses.

Hopefully they’ll come up with a solution soon for the glasses

• Gonna be so rad. Imagine when it’s extended with a 1960 Buchla modular system

• edited January 2021

@Liquidmantis said:
    Meanwhile, what little gaming I do is basically entirely VR at this point. :)

Yep. Same here. The Oculus Quest 2 has been a god send. I actually completed my first game in ages yesterday.

What VR headset do you have.

@auxmux said:
    VR, meh. 😑 Not practical or useful. Gimmick from 90s. Sucks for anyone who wears glasses.

My wife wears glasses and VR is just fine on the Oculus Quest 2. It comes with a spacer adapter.

• @cyberheater said:

@Liquidmantis said:

Yep. Same here. The Oculus Quest 2 has been a god send. I actually completed my first game in ages yesterday.

I splurged for the Index. I justified it because it's the chief way my brother back in Texas and I get to "hang out". We NEED more co-op VR games and experiences.

The Quest 2 is awfully tempting though. Being fully wireless must be nice.

• Ended up buying a Nintendo Switch cause of the kids, but the Quest woulda been my first choice. There's really nothing quite like the totally wire free experience. My brother has it, and I can definitely say it's one of the most amazing, unique gaming experiences I've had in probably a decade or more.

• @auxmux said:

My wife wears glasses and VR is just fine on the Oculus Quest 2. It comes with a spacer adapter.

@Liquidmantis said:

@cyberheater said:

@Liquidmantis said:

I splurged for the Index. I justified it because it's the chief way my brother back in Texas and I get to "hang out". We NEED more co-op VR games and experiences.

The Quest 2 is awfully tempting though. Being fully wireless must be nice.

It really is. I’m playing PC games using virtual desktop and it looks as good as wired. Latency isn’t an issue. It feels real time to me. I used to have a CV1 and would never go back. Wireless is amazing.

• If VR was going to make it, it’d have been the killer app of the pandemic. It wasn’t, it was nonexistent. It isn’t going to make it because (in my opinion) it has started out in a closed manner. There aren’t any open platforms for VR, and most of them in the early years required a desktop PC rather than be mobile-first. If at this early stage there were any open and mobile VR experiencing hardware that was financially an obvious choice for everyone, not just the curious rich, it’d make it. But it isn’t and it won’t.

• wimwim
    edited January 2021

Buy your kid any VR set, and a really good scary game, Wait a bit, then sneak into the room and grab their ankle when they’re playing late some night.

Worth every penny. Just make sure you get outta the way in time before they do a tap dance on your head, and pray they don’t actually shit themselves or Mom’ll kill ya.

Bonus points for setting up a slow-mo video capture beforehand if you can. Not having done that is the only regret I have for one of the best moments of my life.

• @u0421793 said:
    If VR was going to make it, it’d have been the killer app of the pandemic. It wasn’t, it was nonexistent. It isn’t going to make it because (in my opinion) it has started out in a closed manner. There aren’t any open platforms for VR, and most of them in the early years required a desktop PC rather than be mobile-first. If at this early stage there were any open and mobile VR experiencing hardware that was financially an obvious choice for everyone, not just the curious rich, it’d make it. But it isn’t and it won’t.

The Quest 2 is selling really well. I’d love to see Korg Gadget VR on it, although I suspect it’ll be PC only despite seeing the Q2 at the beginning of the trailer.

• I would like an AR Version better. Just Gadget on top of a physical keyboard and controllers.

• edited January 2021

Yeah I've been getting into VR and have a Quest 2, lots of potential for creative applications. Also, Half Life Alyx could be for me the best gaming experience ever. I don't think I can go back to non VR gaming now.

I can see the potential for big modular sessions in VR, but for me i think more abstract controllers and sequencing will work better. Would love to see TC-Data VR and things like that. I think VR + AR combined will be big for creative use, especially as the glasses reduce in size.

• @Michael_R_Grant said:

@u0421793 said:
    If VR was going to make it, it’d have been the killer app of the pandemic. It wasn’t, it was nonexistent. It isn’t going to make it because (in my opinion) it has started out in a closed manner. There aren’t any open platforms for VR, and most of them in the early years required a desktop PC rather than be mobile-first. If at this early stage there were any open and mobile VR experiencing hardware that was financially an obvious choice for everyone, not just the curious rich, it’d make it. But it isn’t and it won’t.

The Quest 2 is selling really well. I’d love to see Korg Gadget VR on it, although I suspect it’ll be PC only despite seeing the Q2 at the beginning of the trailer.

But that’s feacböøk, how can anyone risk even going near that? No, they need to be disintermediated from large controlling totalitarian entities like that and at present, it’s the opposite.

• I think the lack of tactile feedback would be a problem for me, I would rather they brought out the gadgets in volca versions, that would be tempting

• edited January 2021

@DaveMagoo said:
    I think the lack of tactile feedback would be a problem for me, I would rather they brought out the gadgets in volca versions, that would be tempting

Definitely. That's the bigger downer. We want knobs!

• @auxmux said:

It works perfect if you get prescription inserts.

• @u0421793 said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

@u0421793 said:

But that’s feacböøk, how can anyone risk even going near that? No, they need to be disintermediated from large controlling totalitarian entities like that and at present, it’s the opposite.

Yeah, currently it's the only way you can get cheap headsets like Quest 2.
    Fortunately you can circumnavigate Facebook by streaming from desktop and then there's minimal FB involvement.

• More than a year later... and I just learned about it. I think that’s a totally cool thing. It could be the solution for the problem of limited screen estate on mobile devices. Think about the virtual studio you could build with that.

Look at the comment of Cuckoo at the original Korg video: He’s totally right. It all depends on the interface design. Apart from the virtual controls I could also imagine the use of hw controllers.

But I think what would be even better is AR instead VR. So that virtual interfaces would be layered on top of the reality. That would allow to visually map a software synth‘s parameters on your hw controller with knobs and sliders. Of course also virtual interfaces but they could be much larger than your iPad display. Easily move plugin UIs around, add more analyzers, etc etc. the possibilities are countless.

• It will be great when iPad gets support for VR headsets, but I can't see that happening for a while...

• @krassmann said:
    More than a year later... and I just learned about it.

A year? It was announced this January.
    Although Korg did tease us with magic holograms in 2017 B)

• @Carnbot said:
    Also, Half Life Alyx could be for me the best gaming experience ever. I don't think I can go back to non VR gaming now.

Have you beaten it yet? I totally agree; Half Life Alyx is amazing! Thanks for reminding me that I still need to finish it.. I think I’m stuck on chapter 11 or 12.

• @Intrepolicious said:

@Carnbot said:
    Also, Half Life Alyx could be for me the best gaming experience ever. I don't think I can go back to non VR gaming now.

Have you beaten it yet? I totally agree; Half Life Alyx is amazing! Thanks for reminding me that I still need to finish it.. I think I’m stuck on chapter 11 or 12.

Yeah I finished it, was great fun. I'm playing Saints and Sinners at the moment, not quite as good as Alyx but it's still a good VR game.

• @R_2 said:

@krassmann said:

This thread started January 2020

• @krassmann said:

@R_2 said:

@krassmann said:

The article itself says "01.20.21"

I think you're misreading that friend.

• R_2R_2
    edited March 2021

@krassmann said:

@R_2 said:

@krassmann said:

Thread started January 20th 2021

• @KirbyMumbo said:

@krassmann said:

@R_2 said:

@krassmann said:

The article itself says "01.20.21"

I think you're misreading that friend.

That’s either the first day of the twentieth month of this year, or the first month of 2020 and a superfluous 21 on the end for no reason, or it’s the first month of last year, 21% of the way through, or it’s year 1, 20th month, and 21st day.