Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ATOM Piano Roll update is coming soon

Comments

• Jamen, grattis på födelsedagen @Samu!

• Happy Birthday @samu enjoy u new controller.

• edited March 2021

@Samu said:
    Since it's my birthday today (8th of March) I decided to treat myself a bit.

I was initially planning to get the LaunchPad X but since I got a very good deal on the Pro I got that instead :)

A multi-track hardware sequencer has always been on my wish-list and since I suck at playing keys the chord mode on the Pro is most welcome. I do wonder if the LaunchPad X will get the chord mode as a Firmware update? But I have my doubts...

Looking forward to Atom 2 when it drops!

Hey cool! I got one too recently. Working on a video of what you can do with it on the iPad, without Atom 2 of course for now :). Will release it in the next few days, but this is a lot more work then I expected :D

• @Samu Happy birthday! 🎉🎁🎶

• Thanks for the congrats everyone!

Even if it warms an old heart let's not derail the Atom 2 thread too much, deal?

• I'm just excited to give Atom 2 a spin now that I've got a proper controller for it :)

• Keep going @blueveek!

Looking forward to seeing you in action @winconway!

Happy Birthday @Samu!

• Yes my LP Pro MK is primed and ready for Atom 2.

• @Samu said:

I was initially planning to get the LaunchPad X but since I got a very good deal on the Pro I got that instead :)

A multi-track hardware sequencer has always been on my wish-list and since I suck at playing keys the chord mode on the Pro is most welcome. I do wonder if the LaunchPad X will get the chord mode as a Firmware update? But I have my doubts...

HBD! I’m glad a lot of us are converging on the LP Pro

• @audiobussy said:

@Samu said:

I mean it's a fantastic tool. If more developers are going to implement the session / daw mode it's basically made to work with the ipad.

• edited March 2021

@blueveek or @tk32
    Does Atom 2 have a 'one shot' record mode?

I do a lot with generative music, and would like to capture variations across multiple patterns. It would be nice if Atom could record just once, then go into playback. It would simply speed things up a bit if I didn't need to worry about deleting new notes on the first couple beats after I stop playback / record myself.

• @Samu Happy Birthday

• edited March 2021

@aleyas said:
    @blueveek or @tk32

I do a lot with generative music, and would like to capture variations across multiple patterns. It would be nice if Atom could record just once, then go into playback. It would simply speed things up a bit if I didn't need to worry about deleting new notes on the first couple beats after I stop playback / record myself.

I was going to say "I don't think so" but then @tk32's like "hold my dials, I think there's a way".

• edited March 2021

@aleyas said:

Yes - of course. Throughout the beta one of the things I've used Atom2 for a lot is to capture midi generated in other plugins - so this was essential for me to as I didn't want the pattern to loop around and overdub what had already been recorded.

At the moment you do it by setting your pattern to stop after one 'take' - which effectively means it is only recording during the first cycle. In future there are plans to make only the record arm stop after one take ...or even better... record multiple takes into the pattern stack.

Here's a quick video of it in action:

(NB - you may notice the recorded midi is lacking the same swing in the Pure Acid pattern - there is currently a bug in Pure Acid that means midi output from the bassline sequencer do not have any swing applied and tied notes are problematic too - but it works absolutely perfectly for Pure Acid's drum sequencer. I am in the process of reporting this glitch to Jim Audio).

• edited March 2021

(you'll also notice that @tk32 has all the animations turned off – Atom respects the user's "reduce motion" preferences).

• @blueveek said:
    (you'll also notice that @tk32 has all the animations turned off – Atom respects the user's "reduce motion" preferences).

Oh awesome! Thank you so much for making that an option!

• edited March 2021

@tk32 said:

@aleyas said:

Yes - of course. Throughout the beta one of the things I've used Atom2 for a lot is to capture midi generated in other plugins - so this was essential for me to as I didn't want the pattern to loop around and overdub what had already been recorded.

Exactly this! I'm recording sequences too, otherwise it wouldn't be an issue if I was just playing in by hand.
    Thanks for the video TK! And thanks for accommodating so many workflow scenarios @blueveek !
    I'm gonna use this soooo much (and I'm not even a piano roll person!)

@tk32 said:
    ...or even better... record multiple takes into the pattern stack.

This would be brilliant!!

• Yes... I forgot I had turned on Reduce Motion a few months back... but it’s very nice to see that Atom respects my wishes...

• Happy birthday @Samu!

Will this work in ZenBeats @tk32 @blueveek? For whatever reason Atom 1 won’t scan inside of it.

• edited March 2021

@ipadbeatmaking said:
    Happy birthday @Samu!

Will this work in ZenBeats @tk32 @blueveek? For whatever reason Atom 1 won’t scan inside of it.

I haven't checked ZenBeats yet, but it shows up just fine in other hosts. I'll reach out to Roland to see what's up.

EDIT: apparently Atom 2 shows up, but beware, this host hasn't been extensively tested like the others.

• @Samu said:

Happy birthday! Where did you get the deal? I’m sorely tempted!!

• @FloRi89 said:

@audiobussy said:

@Samu said:

I mean it's a fantastic tool. If more developers are going to implement the session / daw mode it's basically made to work with the ipad.

And to be clear for any onlookers, it works wonderfully for actually playing — sort of a la Linnstrument

• @blueveek said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:
    Happy birthday @Samu!

I haven't checked ZenBeats yet, but it shows up just fine in other hosts. I'll reach out to Roland to see what's up.

EDIT: apparently Atom 2 shows up, but beware, this host hasn't been extensively tested like the others.

Thanks

How long until release would you estimate? Is it in the review process?

• @Samu said:

Happy birthday, @Samu! 27 is a big year, young man! :-)

• @audiobussy said:

@FloRi89 said:

@audiobussy said:

@Samu said:

And to be clear for any onlookers, it works wonderfully for actually playing — sort of a la Linnstrument

Yea, even without session mode this is a fantastic tool. I'm really impressed, I mostly got it for the sequencers but I found that I can use it for basically anything. Would not hesitate to recommend this as an all in one controller for anybody who want's to get something in the price range.

Also let's not forget that you have 8 custom modes, with those and CC mapping you can replicate a lot of the session mode functions.

Unless you absolutely need keys of course. But I'm a piano player and quite honestly, for making beats and writing melodies the LP is way more convinient. O.K but enough with the praise, I'm just really convinced about this product :D.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

Lol, I'll be 49 today around 7.36pm :D

• @FloRi89 said:

>

Yea, even without session mode this is a fantastic tool. I'm really impressed, I mostly got it for the sequencers but I found that I can use it for basically anything. Would not hesitate to recommend this as an all in one controller for anybody who want's to get something in the price range.

So far I'm really impressed with it. It's super fun to 'play' and not being a keyboard player the grid is definitely more enjoyable for me. The polyphonic aftertouch is very nice with Animoog and other instruments that support polyphonic aftertouch.

The chord mode is super nice and easy to use and follows the currently selected key and scale.

Ableton integration is very good while to Logic Pro implementation for now is a very bad joke in comparison.

The built-in sequencer is very easy to use, but I admit I did read the manuals more than once before getting it...

Even though Launchpad Pro doesn't produce any sound on it's own it definitely feels more like an 'instrument' than a 'controller'.

It's so 'refreshing' to see other types of videos with the Launchpad than finger drumming or clip launching :)

Now let's just hope we'll get a load of apps with native Launchpad Support!

Sorry for derailing the Atom thread but I'm too hyped up the moment. It's best birthday gift for my self ever!

Cheers!

• @Samu said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Lol, I'll be 49 today around 7.36pm :D

Happy Birthday Young Man !
    Enjoy your present and have a great year full of musical inspiration !

P.S: I have been having GAS again lurking on that Launchpad Pro
    for over a week now.... :#

• @Johnba said:

P.S: I have been having GAS again lurking on that Launchpad Pro
    for over a week now.... :#

Yeah, with all the apps supporting it starting to show it's well.
    Just about the only thing I miss in the Pro is a built-in metronome but if there's already a beat programmed it's a minor thing.

GAS is a dangerous condition...

• Not ashamed to admit I requested a Launchpad X for Christmas entirely with Atom2 in mind.

This discussion has been closed.