Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Acid by Jim Audio!!! This is the best news ever!!!

Comments

• I have only just realised - I thought copy/paste was for use within the song that you are currently working on - but you can take them from any other song and save them in to your current one. This applies to drums and the bassline. It doesn’t copy in the settings, so it all matches in.
    Was it just me? 😧

• @robosardine said:
    I have only just realised - I thought copy/paste was for use within the song that you are currently working on - but you can take them from any other song and save them in to your current one. This applies to drums and the bassline. It doesn’t copy in the settings, so it all matches in.
    Was it just me? 😧

Nice.

I just checked inside AUM and it also lets you copy/paste between instances.

• Feature wishlist:

• Addional 303 synth, but a 101 would also be ok :)
    • Live recording in standalone
    • Randomizer for the drum sequencer
    • Randomizer for the drum sound settings
    • Randomizer for FX
    • Random preset generator
    • Just put dice 🎲 icons everywhere :smile:
  • Is it possible to tempo sync the delay FX in PureAcid?

• @drewinnit said:
    Is it possible to tempo sync the delay FX in PureAcid?

The delays are tempo synced.

• edited February 2021

Are they? Hmmm, maybe I need to spend some time playing the synth+delay soloed to hear.

Perhaps a better question, how can I see what measure I am setting the Time knob to? When I turn it, it seems unsynced and doesn't lock to measures

• @drewinnit said:
    Are they? Hmmm, maybe I need to spend some time playing the synth+delay soloed to hear.

Perhaps a better question, how can I see what measure I am setting the Time knob to? When I turn it, it seems unsynced and doesn't lock to measures

+1 i haven’t found tempo sync either.

The only other thing on my wishlist is that you can copy pattern A and paste it to pattern B before pattern B is launched. Other pattern sequenzers work like that.
    This is the only flaw in this germ. It is so perfect for jamming but this issue is a big stone in my boots when i want to create patterns realtime in a jam.

• edited March 2021

Every day is 303 day they just don’t have the name 😉

• Happy 303 day everyone, and hats off to @jimpavloff and @brambos. Last night I wondered if it would be possible to make music with only 303s (and obviously quite a lot of FX processing in order to turn some of them into drums and percussion), here's what I managed in an hour or so of noodling: https://streamable.com/7qo4w7

Not using the drums inside Pure Acid at all here, it's 303s all the way down.

• @drcongo said:
    Happy 303 day everyone, and hats off to @jimpavloff and @brambos. Last night I wondered if it would be possible to make music with only 303s (and obviously quite a lot of FX processing in order to turn some of them into drums and percussion), here's what I managed in an hour or so of noodling: https://streamable.com/7qo4w7

Not using the drums inside Pure Acid at all here, it's 303s all the way down.

Nice one! Got me 💃😂
    Pure Acid and bram bos apps are awesome.

• The only Bram Bos app I don’t have is Troublemaker. I’m trying to find an excuse to complete the bundle but since i have Pure Acid i’m not sure that I need it.
    Convince me....it’s 303 day, support Bram Bos aaand one more.... c’mon 😁

• @Lorichs said:
    The only Bram Bos app I don’t have is Troublemaker. I’m trying to find an excuse to complete the bundle but since i have Pure Acid i’m not sure that I need it.
    Convince me....it’s 303 day, support Bram Bos aaand one more.... c’mon 😁

That’s what i thought too😄

• Tried a quick jam for the 303 day with pure acid after seeing the jam by @drcongo 😊

• @Nathi94 Absolute madness, I love it.

@Lorichs Troublemaker can do sounds that Pure Acid can't, I regularly use both, sometimes on the same track. Troublemaker is much better for the rubbery end of the 303 sound. Also, @brambos is an absolute boss so it seems rude not to complete your collection.

• Don't forget about SquareAcid ya'll! It's a trinity of acid on iOS.
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/squareacid-acid-synthesizer/id1537191063

Sick track @Nathi94 !

• @drcongo said:
    @Nathi94 Absolute madness, I love it.

@Lorichs Troublemaker can do sounds that Pure Acid can't, I regularly use both, sometimes on the same track. Troublemaker is much better for the rubbery end of the 303 sound. Also, @brambos is an absolute boss so it seems rude not to complete your collection.

Thanks a lot☺️
    Yeah Bram Bos Apps sound all great and so well optimized, if hadn’t pure acid troublemaker would have been an instant buy. But yea you’re right the collection should be completed😂

• @aleyas Thank you☺️

• What happened to pure acdi:d? Sounds good alot of reading , help me ha

• Here is happy 303 day Pure Acid Jam and YES it is In stand alone mode. Just made it before bedtime here in Denmark

Hope you like 😊

• @senhorlampada
    Thank you.

@Nathi94 yes. Nice track. You have been shopping apps i see 😉

• @senhorlampada Thank you😊

@Lorichs Thank you😊 Your track is nice too and also a good video!
    Yea couldn’t resist haha

• @Lorichs said:

Here is happy 303 day Pure Acid Jam and YES it is In stand alone mode. Just made it before bedtime here in Denmark

Hope you like 😊

This one is awesome! You don't mind if I'll repost it on my FB page?

• @jimpavloff
    Yes absolutely. It’s an honor 😊

• Is there a way to sequence just the drums from NS2? I’ve searched high and low but can’t find an answer :-)

I can easily sequence the synth but nothing I’ve tried works with the drums (including using a mosaic script to change the midi channel to 10).

I think NS2 ignores midi channels completely.

As much as I like using the built in XOX sequencer, I like to have the sequences separate in Ns2 tracks for arranging.

The drums in PA are really good. They sit in the mix tally nicely. And it can keep time unlike some other 909s. ;-)

• wimwim
    edited April 2021

@klownshed - if there is a way, short of routining midi out of NS2 and back into it, I haven't found it. It seems that, like Drambo, AUv3 midi output is forced to channel 1 internally before hitting apps no matter what you do.

• @wim said:
    @klownshed - if there is a way, short of routining midi out of NS2 and back into it, I haven't found it. It seems that, like Drambo, AUv3 midi output is forced to channel 1 internally before hitting apps no matter what you do.

Thought not, thanks for confirming.

My personal preference would be for the ‘fix’ to come from PureAcid. I prefer not to mess about with midi channels with an Auv3. I don’t really want drums and bass synth on the same track. Even with multi-outs. Having everything on its own track suits my brain much better. :-)

I think I’ll just sample the drums from PA into Slate instead.