Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Waiting on my $12 guitar to arrive today

So I’ve been on and off looking for a deal on a nylon string classical guitar for a while now. While browsing Reverb, my local Craigslist, etc., I came across a “lightly used” classical guitar up for bid on eBay with a current bid of $11.99. So naturally I entered $12.00 and went on my merry way.

Yesterday I was checking my email and noticed that I had “won” the auction. So I had to follow through and pay the $12 plus $30 to ship the dang thing....

Supposed to arrive today. I’ll post a pic of my “new to me” forty two dollar guitar after it arrives.

There was only one pic in the ad. Curious to see what my 42 bucks brings me today. Add a pack of nylon strings and I’m about $50 in on this little plan.

Comments

• @Intrepolicious said:
    So I’ve been on and off looking for a deal on a nylon string classical guitar for a while now. While browsing Reverb, my local Craigslist, etc., I came across a “lightly used” classical guitar up for bid on eBay with a current bid of $11.99. So naturally I entered $12.00 and went on my merry way.

Yesterday I was checking my email and noticed that I had “won” the auction. So I had to follow through and pay the $12 plus $30 to ship the dang thing....

Supposed to arrive today. I’ll post a pic of my “new to me” forty two dollar guitar after it arrives.

There was only one pic in the ad. Curious to see what my 42 bucks brings me today. Add a pack of nylon strings and I’m about $50 in on this little plan.

cool! even if it is totally garbage, you could get a rock start moment for you $12 and smash that thing! I had a great moment with my kids earlier this year smashing an old acoustic guitar of mine. they thought it was the coolest thing ever. one kid even through up the devil horns while he was doing it. lol

• I'm happy to know that there are still deals on eBay. Update us!

• @eross said:

@Intrepolicious said:

cool! even if it is totally garbage, you could get a rock start moment for you $12 and smash that thing! I had a great moment with my kids earlier this year smashing an old acoustic guitar of mine. they thought it was the coolest thing ever. one kid even through up the devil horns while he was doing it. lol

haha that's awesome! 🤘

• @Montreal_Music said:
    I'm happy to know that there are still deals on eBay. Update us!

Apparently, according to the original ebay ad, this was donated to Goodwill. I think this is some kind of Goodwill seller/store now that I'm looking at it. Probably wouldn't have done it if it were anything other than a guitar because my family is against these big for profit companies that disguise themselves as a charity.

• Looks like the guitar I had when I was 6. I remember the soundboard being soft and I used to run my thumbnail sideways all over the soft surface. By the time I finished with it, the surface looked like overdone string art. aMade a real mess of it. The pic just reminded me of that. Pretty cool when bargains like this happen. I just got a squire for about 60 bucks. It plays so nice I'm treating it like a $1000 worth.

• I find your story charming and amusing.

• Keep us posted on what comes in the box. Very curious!

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Keep us posted on what comes in the box. Very curious!

...and post a video if you decide to go Hendrix with it.

• What.. the delivery date just changed to Wednesday the 24th on my fedex tracking page. Looks like there’s a delay. ☹️

• Look inside, that’s where they hide the diamonds.

• That's the sort of thing I would buy thinking 'well if it doesn't work out I can just throw it off the roof onto the driveway with a bunch of mics set up'. Maybe you get $50 worth of weird samples out of it.

• @Tarekith said:
    That's the sort of thing I would buy thinking 'well if it doesn't work out I can just throw it off the roof onto the driveway with a bunch of mics set up'. Maybe you get $50 worth of weird samples out of it.

Nah, don't destroy it! Convert it to a fretless.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Tarekith said:
    That's the sort of thing I would buy thinking 'well if it doesn't work out I can just throw it off the roof onto the driveway with a bunch of mics set up'. Maybe you get $50 worth of weird samples out of it.

Nah, don't destroy it! Convert it to a fretless.

I have an older classical that I converted to fretless. It worked really well until the neck twisted. It doesn't work so well now. If the action has to be too high it makes it difficult to play. It's hard enough to do chordal playing when the action is good.

• edited February 2021

Well it arrived. “Castilla” is the brand (made in China). It’s a student sized guitar. I cleaned it up and put a set of strings on it.

It’ll need a little work to be playable. There’s pretty bad fret buzz in the upper register. Also missing a tuning peg handle. I had to use a pair of vice-grips to tune the G string.

• Introduced to the rest of the family.

• edited February 2021

@Intrepolicious said:
    Apparently, according to the original ebay ad, this was donated to Goodwill. I think this is some kind of Goodwill seller/store now that I'm looking at it. Probably wouldn't have done it if it were anything other than a guitar because my family is against these big for profit companies that disguise themselves as a charity.

Goodwill is not for profit and 85%+ of the funds they generate from selling donations goes back into local charities (88% last year). Their "competitor" Savers is for profit, we don't donate to them. While the large not-for-profit companies have their share of challenges, Goodwill got really raked over the coals for their CEO pay some years ago which I believe they have since corrected.

edit: Some reading/sharing links: https://www.sogoodwill.org/donate/false-rumors/

If i were you I would feel pretty good about my purchase and tell your family to do their own research before spouting Internet rumours about the worth (or lack thereof) of various charities. There are good reasons to donate exclusively locally, sure, but Goodwill does a great deal of good locally here - they employ folks who would otherwise not have jobs (for example the guys that take stuff from you and sort it into the various bins, the people inside the warehouse who categorize and price things etc.), they recycle so much stuff that would otherwise be landfilled, and their profits are mostly donated. 85%+ donation ratio is pretty damn good. It could be better, of course. But a big organization like Goodwill, Red Cross, United Way, Shriner's etc. requires professional management and you have to pay to get it done well.

BTW, if you are in the US and think of donating to Kars 4 Kids, do your research. https://www.charitywatch.org/charity-donating-articles/costly-and-continuous-kars4kids-ads-disguise-charity39s-real-purpose. Yes it is a charity but it doesn't just go to kids... it goes to fund Orthodox Jewish summer camps mostly for secular Jewish kids (presumably to be converted).

• Another use for a crap guitar—slap a transducer on it and turn it into a speaker.

• There is always this 😅

• @Moderndaycompiler said:
    There is always this 😅

He reminds me of the Argentinian soccer dad:

• edited February 2021

Soccer dad is a trip 😎
    Publio DelGado on YouTube does that one too. Here it is with some guitar...

• edited February 2021

@Moderndaycompiler said:
    There is always this 😅

Haha thanks for the laugh! 😂