Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Astra Zeneca - Evil.Corp LK in AUM technicolor.

edited February 2021 in Creations

Hi!
Made a video from a screen recording of a performance in AUM with LK. Has not been edited, mastered or modified.
LK is the master sequencer and clip launcher.
Drums sequenced in Drambo, patterns triggered by LK.
Guitars (cgb), bass and vocals loaded into Drambo flexi samplers and triggered by LK clips. (Im obsessed with the missing audio clip solution in iOS, Drambo is the best choice and I’m glad to discuss alternatives).
IVCS3 untamable beast does whatever the f##k it wants, as always. Love it.
Spectrum “Resonator” does the little perc bells sequenced with Fuguee. Spectrum is free and unbelievably good.
Synths are also Drambo, from Samples Of Mars - Soviet Synths. Fits the theme like a glove, even if they sounded terrible, which they don’t. Great samples.
Re-1 tape is a must. And so is Ratshack reverb.
Guitars are a 3 string CGB through Nembrini amps.
Usual MixBox, Barricade (first time I use it), bla, bla, bla.

Video, my first ever, made with Datamosh and Glitch Studio, (finished in iMovie). I downloaded these fun apps after reading this great thread. Videos are free stock except for the obvious one... any lawyers in the house?.

I think it’s the first time I do a song “about something” in advance, I find AstraZeneca fascinating... that name!!. It’s so James Bond villain.
Hope you like it, comments are very welcome. Cheers!!.

Comments

• edited February 2021

Hey, that was cool. I like the sounds, the groove, the effects....the video too. Great use of tools.
    If I was to be critical, I found the unquantised drum beat a bit iffy, it was grinding with me a bit, I feel that a steady quantised beat might hold all the other loose parts together a bit better. Otherwise sweet. Cheers.

• Awesome track, brother! :love:

• @supadom said:
    Hey, that was cool. I like the sounds, the groove, the effects....the video too. Great use of tools.
    If I was to be critical, I found the unquantised drum beat a bit iffy, it was grinding with me a bit, I feel that a steady quantised beat might hold all the other loose parts together a bit better. Otherwise sweet. Cheers.

Thanks for the comment!.
    Overall the main drum hits are quantized, There’s some random hits and rachets that are off-beat, specially in Drambo seems like you have little control over the rachets. Could that be it?.

Or it might actually be the guitar and bass clips. There’s some drifting here and there, and those make me grinch too. And it’s not the playing, I see where it’s my timing but these are “consistently” off.
    Actually this is something I wanted to comment in case someone has some input. Since there’s no proper audio clip loopers in auv3 I have to resort to a sampler (Drambo) to play stems, not ideal, samplers are not made for this. I notice some slight time drifts here and there. Might be cpu..?. you can feel how at times a stem feels “tense” like it slightly lags behind. It’s more noticeable in some passages like in minute 3:00 where there’s a basic note plucking. It’s very slight so I bare with it since there’s no alternatives. It doesn’t happen in Zenbeats with a proper clip player.
    Cheers.

• Wow, lovely track! I find the unquantized drums matching the track quite well, I would only do a few timing corrections on a few spots where they're a bit too obvious. Other than that, please no quantize! 😊👍🏼

• I like the video, the vaccin however less....I’ve got it last Friday and felt ill for about 2 1/2 days.

• @Bietfriek said:
    I like the video, the vaccin however less....I’ve got it last Friday and felt ill for about 2 1/2 days.

Probably the microchips 😂😂
    I enjoyed making the video. AstraZeneca, conspiracies... it’s all so psychedelic and crazy that it’s a great subject.

• Very creative and all looks and sounds legit! Nice job all the way around.

• @rs2000 said:
    Wow, lovely track! I find the unquantized drums matching the track quite well, I would only do a few timing corrections on a few spots where they're a bit too obvious. Other than that, please no quantize! 😊👍🏼

I’m not a quantization fan either. I won’t buy DrumComputer until it can let you finger drum!.

I would only do a few timing corrections on a few spots where they're a bit too obvious

Now I’m worried!. 🙃 Must be a case like when a dad can’t see that his kid is ugly!. I was probably so obsessed with the slight sampler offset that I missed the elephant!. Or that compared to 99% of the drummers I’ve played with this feels like Kraftwerk!.

@rs2000 , you being a Drambo guru, is the slight time drift in Drambo playing long samples a thing?. It’s an on and off issue, sometimes more noticeable than others. Maybe it has to do with ram or cpu?. These samples can be 24/32 bars long.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Very creative and all looks and sounds legit! Nice job all the way around.

Thanks mate!. 🙏

• @tahiche said:

@rs2000 said:
    Wow, lovely track! I find the unquantized drums matching the track quite well, I would only do a few timing corrections on a few spots where they're a bit too obvious. Other than that, please no quantize! 😊👍🏼

I’m not a quantization fan either. I won’t buy DrumComputer until it can let you finger drum!.

I would only do a few timing corrections on a few spots where they're a bit too obvious

Now I’m worried!. 🙃 Must be a case like when a dad can’t see that his kid is ugly!. I was probably so obsessed with the slight sampler offset that I missed the elephant!. Or that compared to 99% of the drummers I’ve played with this feels like Kraftwerk!.

@rs2000 , you being a Drambo guru, is the slight time drift in Drambo playing long samples a thing?. It’s an on and off issue, sometimes more noticeable than others. Maybe it has to do with ram or cpu?. These samples can be 24/32 bars long.

Hard to say. Can you share the whole project with me via pm?

• @rs2000 said:

@tahiche said:

@rs2000 said:

Hard to say. Can you share the whole project with me via pm?

Sure thing. But I can’t see how 😬
    How do I save it with all the samples?. I have the aum projevt and then the Drambo instances with all the samples.

• listening to this again a few months in the future after its release... so badass :sunglasses:
    great job indeed :heart:

• edited April 2021

WOW! How did I miss this one. Brilliant video and song! Love it @tahiche It has a really nice SpaceMen3 meets Stone Roses getting lost in the haze and wonder of the shoe gaze vibe....excuse, I need to go an exhale from my dorm window....;)

• nice work!

• Damn @tahiche that was great! Made my day.

IMO don't change a thing and don't worry about comments about timing! I like the feel. Maybe it's because I'm a child of the classic rock era where stuff had some life and breath to it. Feels good to me, though I guess I can see how people brought up in the digital generation would feel differently.

Visuals are great too. I rarely watch a video all the way through. I've no patience for it and end up listening while I do something else. I sat through this one till the end and it won't be the last time either.

• @echoopera said:
    WOW! How did I miss this one. Brilliant video and song! Love it @tahiche It has a really nice SpaceMen3 meets Stone Roses getting lost in the haze and wonder of the shoe gaze vibe....excuse, I need to go an exhale from my dorm window....;)

Hahaha. I love it when I get compared to bands I don’t listen to much!. Seriously. Like if you compared this to Pixies, or Fugazi, dEUS or whatever bands I’m obsessed with I’d be like “shit, it’s so obvious”. So Stone Roses and SpaceMen3 is a killer compliment!.
    Thank u!

• @wim said:
    Damn @tahiche that was great! Made my day.

IMO don't change a thing and don't worry about comments about timing! I like the feel. Maybe it's because I'm a child of the classic rock era where stuff had some life and breath to it. Feels good to me, though I guess I can see how people brought up in the digital generation would feel differently.

Visuals are great too. I rarely watch a video all the way through. I've no patience for it and end up listening while I do something else. I sat through this one till the end and it won't be the last time either.

Thanks @wim!. The drums are bit off, maybe too much. But we’ve played with worse drummers, have we not?. At least this one os not drunk. Maybe some day I’ll do a “proper” mix in Auria. This is one of my struggles with LK and AUM and it’s recorded live so I feel lazy about going back... it’s more punk like this.

Talking about AUM, LK and performing “live”. You know what?. It’s not worth it. At least until a decent audio clip player or Loopy Pro comes along. I do it out of nerdiness, basically. “Yeah, watch me do this, I can do this without a daw”. And no one gives a shit! 🙃 I could have done this in literally 1/5 the time had I used a daw.

• edited April 2021

Note to everyone in this forum... Let’s collaborate some!. I’ll sing, play cigar guitar and f##k up your tracks!. It’d be fun. So if any of you feel like giving it a try I’m super up for it. Hey ho let’s go.