Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best Ios guitar app

Hi, I'm in the search of the best Ios guitar app. Something where you can do some strumming, wah wah etc.

Apps I have right now:

Pure synth platinum 2 (my go to)

Beathawk (classic guitar in barrock is gold)

Geoshred (probably the best for performance of electrical guitar)

Are there any other good ones?
Should be auv3

Comments

• 4pockets MIDI Strummer is a good choice as a way of controlling/sequencing any of your existing virtual guitar apps.

• Guitarism. IFretless. As controllers or sound modules. American acoustic (for strum preset) in SampleTank. I know not AUv3. ROLI noise has a really great electric that @LinearLineman has displayed very well. Nylon guitar in Spanish Gypsy BeatHawk pack.

• It has been a while since I used them but the guitars samples inside Jam Maestro were reasonable and had the added bonus that they went to the trouble of sampling each string separately which makes a difference to the realism.

There have been similar threads in the forum where people have also linked free soundfonts for download.

You can also pay for multi-velocity samples such as Shreddage and load these into AudioLayer. Shreddage for example also has articulations that can be changed by keyswitches which AudioLayer respects so you can hit e.g. e1 to switch to playing harmonics or d#1 for a vibrato sound. It is a good idea and interesting that you can do something like this in AudioLayer but the samples are not great for lead sounds, at least in the version I bought.

I have on my to-do list a project to sample my guitars and split each string by channel loaded into AudioLayer so I can use e.g. velocity keyboard or geoshred to control each string as it would sound on the guitar. I do not know how this will work out but someone on here must have done similar.

Also don’t forget GarageBand!

• Good suggestions here, I would second American acoustic (for strum preset) in SampleTank....

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:

You can also pay for multi-velocity samples such as Shreddage and load these into AudioLayer. Shreddage for example also has articulations that can be changed by keyswitches which AudioLayer respects so you can hit e.g. e1 to switch to playing harmonics or d#1 for a vibrato sound. It is a good idea and interesting that you can do something like this in AudioLayer

>

I bought shreddage and audiolayer for this but have never managed to make it work so had to make several different instruments (sustain power chords, mute guitar etc) and use them all in separate instances of AudioLayer hosted via garage band to make a decent guitar. What am I missing?

• edited February 2021

@FesteringMike with AudioLayer it is normally about where you put the samples and the config file as there are often hardcoded paths in the config files. I created a folder called shreddage under AudioLayer/import and in here I copied the Samples and XSamples folders and the “Shreddage Master Sforzando” file from one of the folders in Shreddage. Just clicking on this file causes AudioLayer to open and start to do its thing. I made sure that I had iCloud turned off in AudioLayer first as I wanted to stream locally.

Creating the shreddage folder is not necessary by the way, I just wanted to separate from my drumdrop samples that were already in the imports folder.

• Ok I might try that. I tried it first time and it went crazy! So I just built the different instances myself.

• edited February 2021

SoundFonts Au, there’s some decent Sound Fonts out there