Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lyricist by 4Pockets.com - Released

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1554254950

Description:

Lyricist is an AUv3 plugin designed to add lyrics to your song. Lyrics can be spoken using the iOS built in speech synthesizer or passed through the included TalkBox effect to simulate a computerized singing voice. 

Your song lyrics are broken into several song parts (verse, chorus, bridge etc). These parts can then be pieced together into a song, specifying an order of play and exact position at which each part is to play.

You can choose between many voices that are included with your iOS device, or optionally download more natural speaking voices within your iOS accessibility settings. These downloaded voices become available to Lyricist, allowing you to choose the gender and regional accent of the voice.

Lots classic songs were made famous by their inclusion of the spoken word. Bands such as Kraftwerk and singers such as Laurie Anderson and Imogen Heap had big hits over the years using either pure computerised vocals, or vocoders.

An optional vocal douber effect can also be enabled to create a wider stereo vocal, and all the talkbox options can be adjusted as required for a wide range of sound.

Use the remote control feature to send MIDI data to Lyricist to control the pitch of the voice, or pass in an audio backing which becomes the carrier for the vocoder effect.

You can even embed short codes within your Lyrics to change chord or note during a lyric. This instructs the talkbox to change pitch to simulate a singing vocal.

Features:

○ Choose from lots of voices and dialects.
○ Install additional voices.
○ Built in TalkBox/Vocoder and Voice Doudler effects.
○ Remote Control feature.
○ MIDI controllable.
○ AUV3 Instrument and Effect plugin.
○ Use short codes to control speech pitch.

Details:
Universal: Yes
Minimum OS version: 13.0
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• I’m going to wait for a SoundTestRoom demo. I have pretty much every app by 4Pockets so I’ll probably buy this one regardless. Just curious about this one.

• edited February 2021

Wait for the price bouce;-)

• edited February 2021

I can't recall where I had the conversation but I was mentioning to Paul in one of the comments on his videos about AlterEgo and how cool it would be to have an IOS lyric reader. I've done this before for Wish You Were Here and it came out absolutely brilliantly.

I agree about waiting for the price bounce.

Edit: No I didn't and in 3 seconds of opening it I can tell it is f@#$#@$ brilliant. I input one line from Wish You Were Here and it is perfect for my non-singing self. I am going to route it to the talkbox to see if I can apply pitch to it.

OMG I just chose the Arabic voice and now it is speaking "So, so you think you can tell... Heaven from Hell" in an Arabic sounding lilting voice to me! What an insane toy this is going to be.

• I’m going to push this app to its edge in an unconventional way. Try to test non words and use it as textures. We’ll see what happens

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    I’m going to push this app to its edge in an unconventional way. Try to test non words and use it as textures. We’ll see what happens

We’ll be waiting right here for your video!

• Thanks! Pure chaos coming soon

@Intrepolicious said:

@iOSTRAKON said:
    I’m going to push this app to its edge in an unconventional way. Try to test non words and use it as textures. We’ll see what happens

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Thanks! Pure chaos coming soon

@Intrepolicious said:

@iOSTRAKON said:

I don’t take my chaos any other way

• ohh wow. this app is very cool. I also recommend playing a drum loop as the carrier audio input while lyrics are playing back. it’s a very interesting effect. i think i’m gonna find a million use for this app.

• is it possible in a future update to use this in an effects slot as just a vocoder effect? basically i could in into the microphone, and play midi keyboard into the app to manipulate the chords as I’m singing? because it is a very nice vocoder sound already. thanks

• Look forward to a demo/tut.....

• Anyone know if you can write a sentence, then play a synth into it, and have each note you play on the synth trigger one word at a time?

The idea would be to use your choice of synth as the vocoder sound source. Use the text-to speech feature to provide the voice to run through the vocoder. But if each individual played key were to trigger one word at a time, then you could write a paragraph of lyrics, and each word could be played with the timing and pitch controlled entirely by the keyboard.

• edited February 2021

(edit: watching the video first to see if my problem is solved already - more rapid lyric entry)

• @horsetrainer said:
    Anyone know if you can write a sentence, then play a synth into it, and have each note you play on the synth trigger one word at a time?

The idea would be to use your choice of synth as the vocoder sound source. Use the text-to speech feature to provide the voice to run through the vocoder. But if each individual played key were to trigger one word at a time, then you could write a paragraph of lyrics, and each word could be played with the timing and pitch controlled entirely by the keyboard.

au like that each note triggers a syllable. i have a kontakt voice synth that does that. very cool

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Wait for the price bouce;-)

Do you mean up or down?

• I have Canter The Vocal Machine for PC by VirSyn, I wonder how it compares to Lyricist?

• @fprintf said:
    I can't recall where I had the conversation but I was mentioning to Paul in one of the comments on his videos about AlterEgo and how cool it would be to have an IOS lyric reader. I've done this before for Wish You Were Here and it came out absolutely brilliantly.

I agree about waiting for the price bounce.

Edit: No I didn't and in 3 seconds of opening it I can tell it is f@#$#@$ brilliant. I input one line from Wish You Were Here and it is perfect for my non-singing self. I am going to route it to the talkbox to see if I can apply pitch to it.

OMG I just chose the Arabic voice and now it is speaking "So, so you think you can tell... Heaven from Hell" in an Arabic sounding lilting voice to me! What an insane toy this is going to be.

Wow, I’m halfway decent at vocals and I’m still very intrigued.

What do you mean when you say price bounce? Goes up, or gets reduced?

• @Poppadocrock said:

What do you mean when you say price bounce? Goes up, or gets reduced?

Gets reduced. 4Pockets does not seem to do intro pricing. In my observation his apps are out for a few months and they go $2 off.

• @aandrewb said:
    I have Canter The Vocal Machine for PC by VirSyn, I wonder how it compares to Lyricist?

By the looks of things Lyricists is way cut down on capabilities compared to Cantor, which is not surprising given the limits of the mobile platform (space, memory, processing power).

I am still figuring this thing out, hoping to drive the pitch changes in a natural way. It looks to me that the tempo is set by how you enter the lyrics, so rather than the software interpreting a space as a pause, waiting for the next midi note, it proceeds at whatever tempo you set and plays whatever note happens to be in the queue.

Today I asked Paul on his Facebook page whether there was a simpler way of entering the lyrics rather than line by line. It must be easier to use a text editor like the Notes app to enter things and then either import them or copy and paste. But doing it one by one is really tedious.

• So I want this for totally off the wall silliness. Like my chorus is 'synths can levitate' or something. And all I want is semi intelligible lyrics, I can muck with the Vox sounds I think. Any idea of the crazy unnatural thing this can do. Also, I thought cantor was an old fretboard app, is it a vocal thing?

• @eross said:

@horsetrainer said:
    Anyone know if you can write a sentence, then play a synth into it, and have each note you play on the synth trigger one word at a time?

au like that each note triggers a syllable. i have a kontakt voice synth that does that. very cool

i didn't really understand, can the app do that already? that would indeed be pretty cool.

• edited February 2021

Looks interesting. Do any demos of this exist yet on the UToobers?

• Wow! My only wish is that this came out when I was producing my first musical audio book last year https://goldgazebo.bandcamp.com/album/do-you-see-me-now

Sounds like it's time to make a new musical audio book! Thanks 4pockets.

• @louis said:
    Wow! My only wish is that this came out when I was producing my first musical audio book last year https://goldgazebo.bandcamp.com/album/do-you-see-me-now

Sounds like it's time to make a new musical audio book! Thanks 4pockets.

Interesting concept !

• @echoopera said:
    Looks interesting. Do any demos of this exist yet on the UToobers?

Paul the developer has his walkthrough:

• I know it's petty but the name is stupid IMHO. Vocalist would have been closer to what it does. There appears to be nothing remotely related to creating lyrics in this app. I only looked at it long enough to realise is wasn't what the name suggested.

• @Ailerom said:
    I know it's petty but the name is stupid IMHO. Vocalist would have been closer to what it does. There appears to be nothing remotely related to creating lyrics in this app. I only looked at it long enough to realise is wasn't what the name suggested.

Yes. I assumed it was an AI lyric generator first and foremost.

• Anybody know how to record the output in Cubasis3?

• @osc101 said:
    Anybody know how to record the output in Cubasis3?

You can use Audiobus as an input - output

• edited February 2021

Here is a track demoing a little bit of what is possible with Lyricist. I think this is a cool way to figure out how your song would sound but of course it will not replace a real singer. Maybe it can be use to “outsource” the voice work and give the singer more accurate instructions on how you want it to be sung. Great app anyway, very inspiring. Enjoy.

• Thanks for the solution... hopefully, we get more flexible audio routing within Cubasis at some point in the future.

@cuscolima said:

@osc101 said:
    Anybody know how to record the output in Cubasis3?

You can use Audiobus as an input - output