Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sounds of Mars

Nothing yet other than en route, but there should be some good sample fodder to come, Perseverance travelled with a couple mics https://mars.nasa.gov/mars2020/participate/sounds/?playlist=mars&item=fluid-pump&type=mars

Comments

• No traffic noise contaminating the nature sounds ;) The fluid pump sounds fake, likely from Sugar Bytes Factory with Eventide Chrystals on.

• If nothing else, this sound ended up as a nice metallic reverb impulse response here 😅

• edited February 2021

Sweetwater published this article about the mic and audio interface used on the rover:

https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/dpa-microphones-first-sounds-from-mars/

• edited February 2021

@Lady_App_titude said:
    Sweetwater published this article about the mic used on the rover:

https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/dpa-microphones-first-sounds-from-mars/

It’s made by a company called DPA, and apparently it is also is built to interface with iOS! (on topic):

https://www.dpamicrophones.com/accessories/mma-a-digital-audio-interface

• This is whole lotta BS IMO..I’m fresh from finishing Expanse on Amazon and can see what is happening. NASA (rightfully so) are publicising the event and want to create a space storm around it. And who’s better at creating hype than Hollywood.

I get it, the sound of the pump is probably real but what do you expect to hear in space other than air moving around? It’s not like earth with life, water etc making a soundtrack of infinite combinations.

I think we should leave the soundtrack of space exploration to ambient music artists as the reality of space soundscape is infinitely boring.

• Well, I thought it’d be cool, I guess I’ll go fuck myself next time before posting

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    Well, I thought it’d be cool, I guess I’ll go fuck myself next time before posting

I thought it was cool, cheers for posting it!

• @supadom said:
    This is whole lotta BS IMO..I’m fresh from finishing Expanse on Amazon and can see what is happening. NASA (rightfully so) are publicising the event and want to create a space storm around it. And who’s better at creating hype than Hollywood.

I get it, the sound of the pump is probably real but what do you expect to hear in space other than air moving around? It’s not like earth with life, water etc making a soundtrack of infinite combinations.

I think we should leave the soundtrack of space exploration to ambient music artists as the reality of space soundscape is infinitely boring.

I think it’s great. Human need to get of this rock to survive long term. NASA pumping the public interest in space exploration is a plus in my book. I visited Cape Canaveral and loved it. Proudly wear mi NASA t-shirt.

• edited February 2021

@ecou said:

@supadom said:
    This is whole lotta BS IMO..I’m fresh from finishing Expanse on Amazon and can see what is happening. NASA (rightfully so) are publicising the event and want to create a space storm around it. And who’s better at creating hype than Hollywood.

I think it’s great. Human need to get of this rock to survive long term. NASA pumping the public interest in space exploration is a plus in my book. I visited Cape Canaveral and loved it. Proudly wear mi NASA t-shirt.

I never said one should stop being excited about space exploration, just be aware that very likely most of the sounds in NASA commercials were made on an iPad.

• @AAnton said:
    No traffic noise contaminating the nature sounds ;) The fluid pump sounds fake, likely from Sugar Bytes Factory with Eventide Chrystals on.

😹

• As a major STEM and Space nerd, AND an audiophile, I’m super excited that sound will be part of a Mars mission for the first time. Will hearing the actual sounds themselves be anticlimactic? You bet! There’s basically nothing to hear except the maybe the rover churning about, and possibly some wind blowing (at best just slightly more interesting than watching grass grow). Overall, I think it’s highly unlikely there was ever life on Mars, even microbial life. And even finding that is not exactly The Day The Earth Stood Still.

But what is thrilling for me about these missions is the human factor. I just love seeing the expansion of what is humanly possible by teams of some of the world’s most brilliant people working together with precision and excellence. Even more inspiring, is seeing some of the amazing kids following these missions, some of whom will grow up to contribute to ever more expansive missions of the future.

• The Russians did it 40 years ago:

• That’s pretty crazy @Lady_App_titude thanks for the info

• edited February 2021

Mikes on Mars? Brilliant. Here is one boring ambient nerd just itching to do something with those samples... NASA rocks. ;) ( big red ones.). Also, the Venus recording? Custom made for Dark Ambient. ( thank you, @Philandering_Bastard ) Venus and Mars are all right tonight. :)

• @rs2000 said:
    Excellent, thanks @Philandering_Bastard!

It is not very exciting I’m afraid.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    The Russians did it 40 years ago:

The lens cap removal at 2:49!

• My wife often complains to me about the sounds of mars.

• @supadom said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

They didn’t mess about waiting to drill neither! I actually made an animated reconstruction of the landing of his probe late 2019, badass probe, used the thick atmosphere of Venus to slow it without parachutes for the final descent, bouncing on landing, mental! Didn’t last long down there though...

• @Krupa said:

@supadom said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

They didn’t mess about waiting to drill neither! I actually made an animated reconstruction of the landing of his probe late 2019, badass probe, used the thick atmosphere of Venus to slow it without parachutes for the final descent, bouncing on landing, mental! Didn’t last long down there though...

“You have one hour to live, tops. Make the most of it.”