Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

midiDREAMs by Art Kerns - Released

edited February 2021 in General App Discussion

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1553799788

Description:

midiDREAMs is a MIDI AUv3 sequencer plugin designed to work like a classic analog-style modular sequencer with 16 virtual sliders and up to 64 steps per pattern. It requires a music app host that supports MIDI AUv3 plugins such as AUM, Audiobus, Cubasis, ApeMatrix, etc, and runs within those host apps. You can use it to sequence synth apps running on your iPad or external hardware synthesizers connected with MIDI.

Also included is midiDRUMs, a second MIDI AUv3 that is an x0x-grid style drum sequencer. This plugin should be used in host apps such as AUM, AudioBus, etc to sequence drum plugins and external drum machines.

midiDREAMs features:
MIDI AUv3 sequencer plugin that sends MIDI notes to your favorite app or hardware synth
Works with AudioBus, AUM, ApeMatrix, Cubasis and other MIDI AUv3 host apps
Up to 64 steps per pattern, with 16 patterns
16 virtual sliders control pitch, velocity, note length, probability
16 buttons each for gate on/off, skip step, last step, pattern
Control note speed, sequence direction, set maj/min key and octave, re-sync
Ratcheting with 2, 3 or 4 sub-steps per step, also probability based ratcheting per step
Unlock pitch / vel / len / prob sequencers to run independently
Extensive AU parameter control

midiDRUMs features:
MIDI AUv3 drum sequencer plugin that sends MIDI notes to your favorite drum app or hardware drum machine
Works with AudioBus, AUM, ApeMatrix, Cubasis and other MIDI AUv3 host apps
Up to 64 steps per pattern, with 16 patterns
8 parts, set triggers with a 16x8 grid
Set velocity and probability per part, per step with 16 virtual sliders
Customize kit to send different MIDI note numbers, and even on different MIDI channels
AU parameter control

Details:
Universal: No
Minimum OS version: 12.4
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• edited February 2021

I would love if this sequencer could be manually triggered by a midi note. For example, advancing the pattern by 1 step per midi note on. That would make this really powerful, and supporting a more modular workflow.

• Ohhhh yeas. Some serious release here.

• I love Art's interfaces. I didn't really take to Midisteps in the end, but I am a big fan of midigates and midilfos, this looks very good

• edited February 2021

It has been released now:

• edited February 2021

@White said:
    It has been released now:

Thanks .. bought ... digging in...

• Lovin’ it!

• Bought. Thank you.

• Yep - liking this already.

• So is this basically an au version of Quantum? If so I probably need it.

• Is it me or, can’t seem to change patterns (on the fly)..

• Can you set the length per step and arrange sequences to change automatically?

I use stepbud for this type of sequencing and love it but i don’t think it has a song mode

• Is Art on the forum? I would like to add my usual vote for some randomization dice in these lovely sequencers.

• Hmm. Dilemma. I love Art Kern’s stuff, and Quantum isn’t AU. But it is Quantum, it works in AUM, and I have it already... I guess I’ll pass, for now at least...

• edited February 2021

@gusgranite said:
    Is Art on the forum? I would like to add my usual vote for some randomization dice in these lovely sequencers.

There's randomisation of the note sequence - from the manual:

"Note Direction selector
    The Note Direction selector allows you to set the direction the sequencer will move as it plays steps. Forward (right arrow) is the default direction. Backward (left arrow), Ping Pong (both arrows) and Random (question mark) are also available. This parameter is also available to be tweaked on the main sequencer page and is probably best tweaked there while playing live, but its also available to be set here too."

And you can set the probability sequence to work on ratchet, skip, reset or mute which gives some interesting variations...also, each sequence can be different lengths so the velocity, length and probability sequences can run separately from the note sequence which also brings some randomisation...

• edited February 2021

Great work as always @artkerns this is going to be a nice addition to the toolkit.

Really loving the UI design of the app as well. I feel cool using it which is always a plus in my book 👊🏼™️

• Are the sliders controllable with midi cc? It wasn't clear from the manual.

Very reminiscent of Quantum and will probably get it. Just wish you could control multiple channels / tracks with one instance like MidiSteps.

• @RajahP said:
    Is it me or, can’t seem to change patterns (on the fly)..

Really? Back to Quantum then....

• Will probably buy it even though I definitely don’t need it. I have a step sequencer problem.

• @enkaytee said:

@gusgranite said:
    Is Art on the forum? I would like to add my usual vote for some randomization dice in these lovely sequencers.

There's randomisation of the note sequence - from the manual:

"Note Direction selector
    The Note Direction selector allows you to set the direction the sequencer will move as it plays steps. Forward (right arrow) is the default direction. Backward (left arrow), Ping Pong (both arrows) and Random (question mark) are also available. This parameter is also available to be tweaked on the main sequencer page and is probably best tweaked there while playing live, but its also available to be set here too."

And you can set the probability sequence to work on ratchet, skip, reset or mute which gives some interesting variations...also, each sequence can be different lengths so the velocity, length and probability sequences can run separately from the note sequence which also brings some randomisation...

It’s a solid couple of sequencers for sure. I really like this release. I would like to see randomization options for note, velocity, length, probability etc.

Nice to see some drum maps already in there. I’m going to have fun with this! Nice work @artkerns 👍

• God bless Quantum, but it is not a lovely user experience. MidiDreams looks great, but I already have StepPolyArp, and Atom2 is around the corner. Not sure how much use it would get.

• Don’t need it either, but I’ll definitely get this...
    His? UI design never disappoints / fingeready.
    Thanks!

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    God bless Quantum, but it is not a lovely user experience. MidiDreams looks great, but I already have StepPolyArp, and Atom2 is around the corner. Not sure how much use it would get.

You’re too positive about Atom 2 around the corner 😜
    Love this sequencer.

• @Charlesalbert said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    God bless Quantum, but it is not a lovely user experience. MidiDreams looks great, but I already have StepPolyArp, and Atom2 is around the corner. Not sure how much use it would get.

Love this sequencer.

You are correct. And me spending $ on this now will ensure Atom 2’s immediate release. So I guess YOU’RE WELCOME.

• Quantum is a beast that I have yet to tame. I like this already already domesticated app ;)

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Charlesalbert said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Love this sequencer.

You are correct. And me spending $ on this now will ensure Atom 2’s immediate release. So I guess YOU’RE WELCOME.

😂😂😂

• This is a nice little surprise

• Can> @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@RajahP said:
    Is it me or, can’t seem to change patterns (on the fly)..

Really? Back to Quantum then....

No... not so fast.. Got two of the four patterns sync options working.. and it may be on me.

It’s a gem..