Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

An excellent Chord Maps 2 tutorial by Doug!

I have a half dozen apps that perform half the functions Chord Maps 2 does.

Thankfully, Doug at The Sound Test Room posted this:

Pretty amazing!!!

ChordMaps2 by Malcolm Mugglin
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/chordmaps2/id1098330720

Comments

• Jeez ,Louise !!!!!!!

• Yew, fantastic App.
    Going to watch the video, thanks!

• Thanks for this, I need to revisit this app! This is exactly the sort of app that benefits from a video tutorial, a lot clicked with me while watching this.

• Very good. This would be great as a live instrument

• Great summon on Chord Maps 2!

But, anyone else have problem with this app crashing as soon as I try to run it?

I’m on iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 edition and iPadOS 14.4...

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    Great summon on Chord Maps 2!

But, anyone else have problem with this app crashing as soon as I try to run it?

Yes, after the last update it crashes but you can solve this by erasing the app and reinstall it

• @cuscolima said:

@ErrkaPetti said:
    Great summon on Chord Maps 2!

Yes, after the last update it crashes but you can solve this by erasing the app and reinstall it

Ok! Thanks for a fast answer!

I give it a try... Great app - been using it a lot earlier, but, sometime you forgotten about all great apps (Drambo has been a time thieve lately)...

• Yes, after the last update it crashes but you can solve this by erasing the app and reinstall it

I‘ve contacted the author with a bug report three days ago, when i noticed it in v1.17 htwo days after the update). The author mentioned the same work-around (re-install fixes the bug) and wanted to take a closer look at the problem.

Today‘s latest update v1.18 fixes the crash on startup. It’s also mentioned in the update notes.

• One thing that isn’t clear to me with the video is that when Doug is improvising the solo trumpet, is he doing that on the iPad touch screen or is he playing his midi keyboard? I would get this app immediately if I could play my keyboard and have the notes be filtered through the chords.

• _ki_ki
    edited February 2021

@Stochastically In the video doug plays the swam trumpet as M1 with the larger horizontal keyboard above the main play area. The same keys could also output to M2 or both M1+M2.

The main area outputs to B, B-12, C1,C2,A1,A2 and also starts the strum and arp channels. This allows to choose between 4 channels/sounds for the chords.

• thanks @_ki - so it doesn't have midi input then. I keep hoping some chord app will be able to do that.

• for me the main issue for me with this app ...

• is velocity sensitivity, ( its difficult to control touches). The developer suggested to use a midi app which controls/filters velocity
    • cant save presets for all channels ,so have to check/adjust midi channels on destination app all the time, thankfully BS16i which works best with this app has the option to save scenes