Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ButterSynth - early beta look

It's been some time in the making.
Wavetable, sample, FM, granular...the Swiss Army knife of synths. Here's a very early Beta look at the forthcoming ButterSynth.

Comments

• Saw this on Twitter.

Not sure how to take "upcoming," considering Cream, the step sequencer, has been in beta since the Nixon administration....

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Saw this on Twitter.

Not sure how to take "upcoming," considering Cream, the step sequencer, has been in beta since the Nixon administration....

😂😂😂

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Saw this on Twitter.

What’s your point? I’m pretty excited about this synth. I saw they develop another one 5-6 years ahead. Maybe they decided that the old one makes no sense to update and it’s better to go further with a fresh and better looking one which also supports AUV3.

• In comparison with the old cream synth, this one looks really great. I like the clean look and the layout also the control page seems to be awesome.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Saw this on Twitter.

And the beta testers have been reporting bugs into a void for about as long.

Butter Synth looks interesting though. 5 oscillators?

• 6 oscillators if you count the noise, too.
    I say it could be one of the best releases in 2021. let’s hope they make it right🖤

• The control layout (and it‘s design) is really good :+1:

• Cream > Butter > Sour Cream

• @DarkAum3o said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Saw this on Twitter.

What’s your point? I’m pretty excited about this synth. I saw they develop another one 5-6 years ahead. Maybe they decided that the old one makes no sense to update and it’s better to go further with a fresh and better looking one which also supports AUV3.

I think it looks interesting. Six oscillators! But it’s surprising that they have a new synth coming soon when Cream has been gestating for years.

• Its look reminds me of Nanostudio, not that that means anything.

• This might be the first literal case of product churn.

• This design is considerably more calm. The other one is nuts

• I love Cream, just not clever enough to whip it etc.

• Looks rad hopefully it happens!

• @JohnnyGoodyear Who was that wonderful Japanese forum member a while back? He was the first one into Modstep, and the first one into Cream. I think his name began with a K? He was the greatest, and I can't remember his name!

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear Who was that wonderful Japanese forum member a while back? He was the first one into Modstep, and the first one into Cream. I think his name began with a K? He was the greatest, and I can't remember his name!

Oh, man, Kaikoo! Then his triumphant return as Kaikoo 2!

• @oat_phipps said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear Who was that wonderful Japanese forum member a while back? He was the first one into Modstep, and the first one into Cream. I think his name began with a K? He was the greatest, and I can't remember his name!

I miss him. I think we disappointed him in the end :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@oat_phipps said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

I miss him. I think we disappointed him in the end :)

We had nothing to offer him. He already knew everything and good-naturedly offered it to all of us.

• Was kaikoo the “Full joy” person? I see that the phrase stuck around. I love it, great way to describe whether an app is good or not. Or maybe Kaikoo was really Marie Knodo and none of us knew it.

• edited February 2021

@mrufino1 said:
    Was kaikoo the “Full joy” person? I see that the phrase stuck around. I love it, great way to describe whether an app is good or not. Or maybe Kaikoo was really Marie Knodo and none of us knew it.

He was. I like to think of him sitting quietly in his noodle house....

• edited February 2021

@kinkujin said:
    Its look reminds me of Nanostudio, not that that means anything.

Yes it looks replica of obsidian..
    In 2021, I’m going to buy new apps Only if they have unique functionalities and features where existing synths lacking..

• The layout is so clear that within a couple of minutes the whole synth revealed itself just by looking at the surface... a rare experience.
    It probably won‘t generate any sound or noise that I couldn‘t do in existing apps, but control and accessibility are important aspects ... and more convenient anyway ;)

• @TheSoundKid said:

@kinkujin said:
    Its look reminds me of Nanostudio, not that that means anything.

Yes it looks replica of obsidian..
    In 2021, I’m going to buy new apps Only if they have unique functionalities and features where existing synths lacking..

Besides the knobs I don’t see that it looks like obsidian. I like obsidian, even more if it was an Auv3 to use in other hosts.

What about this new feature

• @DarkAum3o said:

What about this new feature

Sweet, can't wait to get my hands on some Butter :)

• Looks really cool and promising. The layout looks super straight forward. something similar to serum, were you can make sounds super quick.

• Pretty 😍

• I’d love to be a tester 😬

• @AliAhmet Interesting - are you looking for testers? 😁

• @enkaytee said:
    @AliAhmet Interesting - are you looking for testers? 😁

It's not my app.

• Is that by Kirnu Interactive?? Didn’t they have some name dispute or something like that? Regardless that is a good looking synth.