Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

EG Pulse - ElliottGarage new AU3 Drum Machine - available right now on App Store

Comments

• @espiegel123 said:
    I am finding that in AUM with Pulse set to host sync is not starting to play until 2.1.0 or 3.1.0.

I am running with countoff turned off and no sync options in AUM to confuse things.

Anyone else?

@ElliottGarage ?

After a reboot, this stopped happening.

• wimwim
    edited December 2020

@sabisaltiel said:
    Does anyone find the interface difficult to navigate on this app? Segments has a very nice interface IMO. Functionality is good but I feel like sample manipulation and envelope settings (in additon to pads) should be front and center on the interface. This is a sampler after all. I shouldn’t be navigating to other pages when all I want to do is just shorten the decay of a sample or turn down the gain slightly. Am I missing something?

I think it comes down to what you expect from the app and your workflow. It's designed as a drum machine with a sampler, not a sampler with a drum machine. For someone like me for whom the sampling features are secondary, it makes perfect sense the way it is. I can see how someone coming from a different direction would be put off by it, but I'm not.

Koala seems more designed around a sampling centric workflow. That's where I go when I just want to mess around with samples.

• @espiegel123 said:

@espiegel123 said:
    I am finding that in AUM with Pulse set to host sync is not starting to play until 2.1.0 or 3.1.0.

I am running with countoff turned off and no sync options in AUM to confuse things.

Anyone else?

@ElliottGarage ?

This would have been quite funny if you had posted a "Have you tried restarting your device?" message to yourself first. B)

• @wim said:

@espiegel123 said:

@espiegel123 said:

Anyone else?

@ElliottGarage ?

This would have been quite funny if you had posted a "Have you tried restarting your device?" message to yourself first. B)

:)

• @sabisaltiel said:
    Does anyone find the interface difficult to navigate on this app? Segments has a very nice interface IMO. Functionality is good but I feel like sample manipulation and envelope settings (in additon to pads) should be front and center on the interface. This is a sampler after all. I shouldn’t be navigating to other pages when all I want to do is just shorten the decay of a sample or turn down the gain slightly. Am I missing something?

I’m having issues using the step edit page, where you adjust velocity, probability, etc.. levels.

@ElliottGarage Im really enjoying Pulse and Segments. I love Segments but I’m having an issue in Pulse. I’m on iOS 14.2 and I have had a lot of trouble with adjusting the bars for each step, velocity, probability, etc... so much so that it kills my workflow and puts me off the app entirely. I want to use it more so I’m hoping an update will help in the near future. Also it be great if those same velocity, probability, etc bars displayed a number or percentage amount, because I often get specific with the velocity or probability and not knowing where the bar is exactly makes it difficult to do that. Thanks for your time, and Happy Holidays!

• Merry Christmas guys!
    @sabisaltiel that's because the app started as a simple drum machine and the sampler functionalites where added on the run...anyway I'm open to any improvement ;)

@Poppadocrock thanks, glad that you enjoy the apps. About the probability values, you should be able to see them in the top display while you're editing them

• Hey folks

I’m experiencing that sampels are disappearing when i load a session in AUM. Also sometimes I open a project in AUM and the “range” of the sampel is set to zero so i have to recreate the range on all sampels.
    I could seem like an issue with state saving ( it happened before IOS 14) and now I have learned my lesson and save what ever i do with EG-pulse as an kit and a bank so that i can reload it whenever this issue is happening.
    I’m not able to recreate this issue it just pops up once in a while.
    Anyone else? @ElliottGarage ?

• Does anyone know how to delete all the stock sounds that come with this? Whenever I delete them they reappear...

• Got EG Pulse just recently and it really speeds up my workflow (audio clip launching) compared to BeatHawk. But there are a few curiosities I stumbled upon:

• what’s up with the scaling? Why can’t I see the whole app inside a maximized AUv3 window?

• I had a reproducible crash when trying to move samples on the edit page. I chose „move down“ from the cogwheel and it crashed.

• Some (or maybe all?) imported loops that exceeded 4 bars got shortened and I had to manually set the endpoints to the right lengths. Can this behavior be changed?

• @Zerozerozero factory sounds and kit cannot be erased

@Artvarg the sample move crash has been solved. Fix is coming... For imported loops I set a max length of 10 sec, you currently need to manually change the endpoints. Maybe I can remove this limitation, just I fear that importing very very long samples can cause issues.
    I'll see if I can improve the AU3 fullscreen, but you can scroll the window to access the bottom pattern select view.

@Everyone
    I'm gonna release an update with many fixes and adds, so if you have anything to report do it now here or at [email protected] please :)

• oo> @ElliottGarage said:

@Zerozerozero factory sounds and kit cannot be erased

@Artvarg the sample move crash has been solved. Fix is coming... For imported loops I set a max length of 10 sec, you currently need to manually change the endpoints. Maybe I can remove this limitation, just I fear that importing very very long samples can cause issues.
    I'll see if I can improve the AU3 fullscreen, but you can scroll the window to access the bottom pattern select view.

@Everyone
    I'm gonna release an update with many fixes and adds, so if you have anything to report do it now here or at [email protected] please :)

Yay

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @Zerozerozero factory sounds and kit cannot be erased

@Everyone

@ElliottGarage will it be long until the update? Is the app usable now inside Cubasis 3 and AUM under iPadOS 14.4?
    Also, will update include Ableton Live 11 Lite?
    App looks like a good option for sequencing segments from field recordings, except the big footprint with all the samples included that might never get used.

Btw. I enjoy using your sEGments app in AUM and Cubasis!

• @AAnton I still don't have a release date for the update.
    I've iPadOS14.4 running on my iPad Air2 at the moment, and no problem at all with Cubasis 3 or AUM.
    The current version already gives you a free license for Ableton Live 10 Lite and you can directly drum patterns from EG Pulse to Ableton and finish your project there.

• Really enjoying the app however I would love to be able to copy and paste pads. Thanks again for creating this wonderful app.

• Really looking forward to the update. EG-pulse is a true work horse so i’m pretty stoked to see what the new update will bring.

• @mikewb said:
    Really enjoying the app however I would love to be able to copy and paste pads. Thanks again for creating this wonderful app.

+1

@Everyone

I don’t know if it is to late. Maybe a switch so that pattern change will happen immediately. It could be usefull for changing patterns via an external sequenzer like LK. 😊

• Thanks for the update @ElliottGarage 😊

• Update 1.23 is online including many user requests
    https://app.elliottgarage.com/Pulse

• Thanks..

• edited May 2021

Thanks @ElliottGarage , copy paste will be very useful.

I was trying to think of any improvements and all I can think of is setting pads to ‘warp’ or change speed in real time with the host tempo, just like segments.

Oh and improved time stretch like I asked for segments - would happily pay for an iap for both apps 😊

• @ElliottGarage having an issue with Pulse as an AU in CB3. When I try to change the sample being used in a slot, hitting the arrow button to select the sound just makes it trigger the sound as if you were touching anywhere else.

Hope that makes sense. I’m on an iPhone 11, latest iOS and latest Pulse update.

• @DukeWonder can you plase send me a screen recording at [email protected]?

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @DukeWonder can you plase send me a screen recording at [email protected]?

Sent.

• @DukeWonder problem found...update on the way. Thanks for reporting it

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @DukeWonder problem found...update on the way. Thanks for reporting it

Sweeet! Sure thing. Thank you for being on it so quick.

• How is *.als export? Is it audio only? Or audio and MIDI?

• Is it possible to import third party midi drum loops? @ElliottGarage

• @BillS EG Pulse is an AU3 with MIDI in support, so you can import your midi loops in any host (f.e. Cubasis or n-Track) or sequencer (f.e. atom) and route it to EG Pulse as AU3 sound module

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @BillS EG Pulse is an AU3 with MIDI in support, so you can import your midi loops in any host (f.e. Cubasis or n-Track) or sequencer (f.e. atom) and route it to EG Pulse as AU3 sound module

Thanks, I understand that. What I would love to do is import the loops to EG Pulse to preview the sound, and edit the loops in EG Pulse. Is that possible?