Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

While we're all cooped up inside, here're some Loopy Pro updates

Comments

• @Michael said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    @Michael At one point in your journey you were considering one shots (a la Samplebot) in addition to loops. Is that still in the picture for Loopy Pro? Just imagining the possibilities with that widget workspace!

Yep, they’re in there.

So much more to tell you too 😄

YOWZA. Gonna be fun to check this beast out.

• @Michael said:
    I haven’t even mentioned follow actions yet, which also are midi-send capable 😄

You're killing me with all these clues... Can we turn this thread into a discussion of
    Politics and get it frozen by our OverLord?

• Here's another fun thing I mentioned before but not recently - Loopy's echo cancellation system.

You'll hear at the end the signal's almost totally removed; it's just bits of the room echo, as my office is pretty echoey.

Also notice the auto-loop detection at the start; I didn't time the punch in/out at all.

• edited February 2021

@Michael said:

Also notice the auto-loop detection at the start; I didn't time the punch in/out at all.

Caught that straight away. Impressive! (The whole vid)

• edited February 2021

Freaking genius! :)

Edit: how cpu intensive all this AI?
    Is it realistic to expect all this with monitoring through some heavy weight AUs?

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    Freaking genius! :)

Edit: how cpu intensive all this AI?
    Is it realistic to expect all this with monitoring through some heavy weight AUs?

Yep, it's really lightweight.

• I suspect this app is 99.99% done. That last little bit will only take another 6 months assuming linearity from the start of this thread. Arg. #Brexit #FreeAustralia

• The auto loop detection is crazy. I can’t wait to try to break it. 😉

• @McD said:
    I suspect this app is 99.99% done. That last little bit will only take another 6 months assuming linearity from the start of this thread. Arg. #Brexit #FreeAustralia

😁

• Need this “Loopy 4K”
    If we send you money will it be finished faster, lol

• McDMcD
    edited February 2021

@Michael said:

@McD said:
    I suspect this app is 99.99% done. That last little bit will only take another 6 months assuming linearity from the start of this thread. Arg. #Brexit #FreeAustralia

😁

Is that the Emoji for "100% Agree" or the Dreaded "99.99% Agree"?

#WaitingThreadsSuck
    #WaitingForGodot_AUv3 
    #IsItSoupYet?

• @ruggedsmooth said:
    Need this “Loopy 4K”
    If we send you money will it be finished faster, lol

I’m in, take my money please!.

WaitingForGodot_AUv3

☝️😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Auto record/loop detection, labeling, groups.
    Wait, did you mention song mode somewhere?
    My head is spinning.

• @Ben said:
    Auto record/loop detection, labeling, groups.
    My head is spinning.

Song mode stuff (i.e. sequencing, on a timeline) is coming in v1.1, but otherwise yup.

• Dare I ask if there is any easy integration with any of the various launchpad products?

• @Michael said:
    Here's another fun thing I mentioned before but not recently - Loopy's echo cancellation system.

You'll hear at the end the signal's almost totally removed; it's just bits of the room echo, as my office is pretty echoey.

WHAT THE FUCK THAT IS NUTS

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Dare I ask if there is any easy integration with any of the various launchpad products?

There will be, yeah - already it's pretty easy, with a built-in MIDI learn which has MIDI feedback for all controls, so the buttons light up. I'll be adding color selection and stuff soon, too, and probably it'll ship with some projects that have the grid all set up.

• I'm curious to know if such a feature effects the sound of the second recorded loop at all? Like if i were recording a new vocal loop while the beat box loop was playing audibly, would you hear artifacts if listening to only the vocal take?

• @sloJordan said:
    I'm curious to know if such a feature effects the sound of the second recorded loop at all? Like if i were recording a new vocal loop while the beat box loop was playing audibly, would you hear artifacts if listening to only the vocal take?

No, that's the cool thing, it's totally distortionless. I had to write my own algorithm to do it, and get pretty deep into the science!

• @Michael said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Dare I ask if there is any easy integration with any of the various launchpad products?

There will be, yeah - already it's pretty easy, with a built-in MIDI learn which has MIDI feedback for all controls, so the buttons light up. I'll be adding color selection and stuff soon, too, and probably it'll ship with some projects that have the grid all set up.

• @Michael said:

@sloJordan said:
    I'm curious to know if such a feature effects the sound of the second recorded loop at all? Like if i were recording a new vocal loop while the beat box loop was playing audibly, would you hear artifacts if listening to only the vocal take?

No, that's the cool thing, it's totally distortionless. I had to write my own algorithm to do it, and get pretty deep into the science!

Hell yeaaa so sick

• @Michael said:

@sloJordan said:

I just listened to the video with good headphones and this magic became apparent while listening carefully. I caught the significance of the test signal through headphones too. Insane!

• @Michael said:
    ...totally distortionless. I had to write my own algorithm... get pretty deep into the science!

No distortion. New algorithm. Science... well, no wonder it's taken a year to get this done.
    People that take on the discovery of new science can disappear for years.

Good luck with that 0.001% and the months of testing.

• @Michael said:

@Ben said:
    My head is spinning.

Song mode stuff (i.e. sequencing, on a timeline) is coming in v1.1, but otherwise yup.

Until 1.1 lands, if I’m understanding the “leaked” bits correctly, one could pretty easily sequence a song with very minimal external MIDI. Set up a group per song section and assign that group to a midi note. Send notes from an external sequencer. Slowly. :)

Can a loop be part of more than group?

• BenBen
    edited February 2021

@syrupcore said:

@Michael said:

@Ben said:
    My head is spinning.

Until 1.1 lands, if I’m understanding the “leaked” bits correctly, one could pretty easily sequence a song with very minimal external MIDI. Set up a group per song section and assign that group to a midi note. Send notes from an external sequencer. Slowly. :)

Are you asking if a loop can be part of more than one group?
    If that’s the question it’s a very cool thing. Group the loop does that and it’s super time saving.
    Meant to add that it is a simple copy and paste action.

• @Ben said:

@syrupcore said:

@Michael said:

@Ben said:
    My head is spinning.

If that’s the question it’s a very cool thing. Group the loop does that and it’s super time saving.

In the meantime, I posted a Mozaic script that lets you define 4 groups of any combination of Loopy’s 12 tracks. And also provides discrete mute and unmute via MIDI that one can use while we wait for Michael’s new masterpiece.

• BenBen
    edited February 2021

@espiegel123 said:

@Ben said:

@syrupcore said:

@Michael said:

@Ben said:
    My head is spinning.

In the meantime, I posted a Mozaic script that lets you define 4 groups of any combination of Loopy’s 12 tracks. And also provides discrete mute and unmute via MIDI that one can use while we wait for Michael’s new masterpiece.

I saw that. Looks amazing . Beautiful work. Of course you have to own Mozaic which I don’t.

This discussion has been closed.