Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

While we're all cooped up inside, here're some Loopy Pro updates

Comments

• This looks intense! And game-changer-y

• @gregsmith said:
    This looks intense! And game-changer-y

About time we had another game changer! 😂

• Looks sexy as hell🥳

• So cooooool! That is such a great idea!

• @Michael can those widgets also send midi output? That would be quite interesting

• but even if not, i love how the widgets make loopy a very modular ui!

• @Michael said:
    More widget action:

Ooh! This looks like it’s going to be fun! Can’t wait!

Any beta tester slots open?

• @Intrepolicious said:

@Michael said:
    More widget action:

Ooh! This looks like it’s going to be fun! Can’t wait!

Any beta tester slots open?

I’d love to beta test too!.

• Looks cool! I think I'm going to make all my widgets orange just for old time's sake.

• @sloJordan said:
    @Michael can those widgets also send midi output? That would be quite interesting

They can indeed!

• @Michael said:

@sloJordan said:
    @Michael can those widgets also send midi output? That would be quite interesting

They can indeed!

😳

• @ksound said:

@Michael said:

@sloJordan said:

They can indeed!

😳

I haven’t even mentioned follow actions yet, which also are midi-send capable 😄

• @fprintf said:
    Looks cool! I think I'm going to make all my widgets orange just for old time's sake.

LOL, I thought the same thing. Like, what do I do with all these colors?

• @Michael said:

@ksound said:

@Michael said:

@sloJordan said:

They can indeed!

😳

Now you are just teasing. > @Michael said:

@ksound said:

@Michael said:

@sloJordan said:

They can indeed!

😳

😳😳😳

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@fprintf said:
    Looks cool! I think I'm going to make all my widgets orange just for old time's sake.

It needs that classic skin for those of us who fear change.

• @Michael said:

holy shit thats gonna be so legittt!

• Ahh, the tease!

• sounds tantalising!

• @Michael said:

@ksound said:

@Michael said:

@sloJordan said:

They can indeed!

😳

Gulp.

• Omg...this looks impressive...can’t wait.....thanks

• @Michael said:

So with follow actions will you be able to trigger/change things happening in other apps in sync with loop start points? Sounds like a pretty cool way to sync external sequences with audio loops.

• edited February 2021

@sloJordan said:

@Michael said:

So with follow actions will you be able to trigger/change things happening in other apps in sync with loop start points? Sounds like a pretty cool way to sync external sequences with audio loops.

Yup. It hooks into the control system which is also used for midi learn, so you’ll be able to trigger anything from a follow action which you could trigger with a midi controller or a widget, too.

• damn thats gonna be really awesome

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@fprintf said:

Oh wow! I had the same initial color thoughts but nerdily/hungrily pausing my way through the new video got me to notice that he's assigning that PLAY action to a color not a track. So if you set a group of tracks as (say) Red, you can use an action to control all of the red tracks at once. Color == group. My mind == melting.

• edited February 2021

Colours also do a lot more, though - they define particular configurations, as well: effects, in and out audio routing, playback and record options, etc. It's pretty awesome. And you can have pretty much as many colours as you want.

And note that there are two axes of grouping - there's colour, and there are also explicit play groups, which you can set to one-track-at-a-time behaviour (I'll probably also add optional sequencing in there, so it'll automatically switch between the tracks as they're playing), or all-tracks-at-once behaviour, and play groups can be mutually exclusive with a selection of other play groups, so start one, it stops the others.

• @Michael said:

@sloJordan said:

@Michael said:

Yup. It hooks into the control system which is also used for midi learn, so you’ll be able to trigger anything from a follow action which you could trigger with a midi controller or a widget, too.

That... and this... Wow!

@syrupcore said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@fprintf said:

Oh wow! I had the same initial color thoughts but nerdily/hungrily pausing my way through the new video got me to notice that he's assigning that PLAY action to a color not a track. So if you set a group of tracks as (say) Red, you can use an action to control all of the red tracks at once. Color == group. My mind == melting.

@Michael said:
    Colours also do a lot more, though - they define particular configurations, as well: effects, in and out audio routing, playback and record options, etc. It's pretty awesome. And you can have pretty much as many colours as you want.

And note that there are two axes of grouping - there's colour, and there are also explicit play groups, which you can set to one-track-at-a-time behaviour (I'll probably also add optional sequencing in there, so it'll automatically switch between the tracks as they're playing), or all-tracks-at-once behaviour, and play groups can be mutually exclusive with a selection of other play groups, so start one, it stops the others.

• @Michael said:

You're killing me.

And... I'm dead.

• Ok this anticipation is getting fucking intense. I’ve been dreaming about an app like this for like a decade. Except what you’re describing is just…beyond.

And I got zenaudio the moment it came out, but the fact that this is on iOS where I’ve spend all my audio-money, by this developer, and is a AU host? And has other groundbreaking features? What? I never dreamed it would happen!

God damn I’m hyperventilating rn

• @Michael At one point in your journey you were considering one shots (a la Samplebot) in addition to loops. Is that still in the picture for Loopy Pro? Just imagining the possibilities with that widget workspace!

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    @Michael At one point in your journey you were considering one shots (a la Samplebot) in addition to loops. Is that still in the picture for Loopy Pro? Just imagining the possibilities with that widget workspace!

Yep, they’re in there.

So much more to tell you too 😄

This discussion has been closed.