Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2021 iOS App Sales and Discussion

Comments

• Completely useless here. Opening to a black screen on 14.3.

• @israelite said:

@MadGav said:

@Pxlhg said:

@tahiche said:
    Is this true? Why does Eventide do this?.

I need a good pitch shifter for my guitar, a simple but good octave down. I don’t want stereo, specially hard panned fixed voices.
    That was disappointing in Undulator and here we are again. If my signal is mono I might want to keep it that way!. Or you might want to widen a vocal without taking up space in the stereo field. I can’t understand why they’d do this.

That's kind of annoying agreed. I did try Drambo/'Stereo to Mono' as an FX after Qvox and that worked fine I think, all in center.

Seems there is no user guide for QVox :( I’m wondering what the Pitch Mix knob does, it looks multi-functional which I suspect the pan pattern shown above?

PS too good an offer not to splurge the monthly app budget - CrushStation, TriceraChorus and UltraTap bought.

You can access user guide by clicking the ( i ) icon below the preset list. It's there in every eventide plugin.

Sorry I wasn’t clear - I don’t own QVox, I was looking for a PDF user guide which is available for many of the plugins.

• edited January 2021

This is an interesting one. MIDI over wifi / IDAM connectivity which works OK and background audio...you can also send midi to AUM but the built in piano sound will still play... Usually £8.99 now free...👍

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/xii-audiovision/id905741418

• @Pxlhg said:

@aleyas said:
    eventide don't have a phaser do they? Would love to get my hands on one if so..

FAC Phazer is superb and rightly priced, even sheep considered the quality.

• 💯 for FAC Phaser
  • edited January 2021

Transfer - Samples is $4 off down to $3.99 - used for hardware sample transfer. Mk1 Mk2, digitakt, and Model:Samples. ONLY UNTIL FEBRUARY 1st.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/transfer-samples/id1522995351

• BluPiano LE - App I’ve never seen before is FREE usually $2.99

BluePiano turns your iPhone into a virtual Bluetooth MIDI piano keyboard that can be used in other Bluetooth MIDI-capable apps.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/bluepiano-le/id1114357838

• Couple 4 pockets Apps on sale, as per usual....

Chameleon is $2 off down to $5.99
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/chameleon-auv3-sampler-plugin/id1456474953

Visual EQ is $1 off down to $4.99
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/visual-eq-console-auv3-plugin/id1469451699

• @Poppadocrock said:
    BluPiano LE - App I’ve never seen before is FREE usually $2.99

BluePiano turns your iPhone into a virtual Bluetooth MIDI piano keyboard that can be used in other Bluetooth MIDI-capable apps.

Think this is broken in recent iOS versions or for certain hardware - can't get it to connect at all when similar apps (kb-1) don't have a problem - maybe that's why it's free...!

• @enkaytee said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    BluPiano LE - App I’ve never seen before is FREE usually $2.99

Think this is broken in recent iOS versions or for certain hardware - can't get it to connect at all when similar apps (kb-1) don't have a problem - maybe that's why it's free...!

Ah...that stinks, yea I downloaded it but haven’t tried it yet. Thanks for the heads up.

• Geoswam Geocello inside of GeoShred is five dollars off, now only a $9.99 in app purchase.

• 6x806 - Drum Machine is $2 off down to $1.99

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/6x806-drum-machine-synth/id1444312256

Luna Tuna- Guitar Tuner is FREE usually $.99

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/lunatuna-guitar-tuner/id1546894160

WU:AUParametric EQ is $1 off down to $.99

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/wu-auparametriceq/id1530887244

Not music app necessarily...

Singing Streets - Now FREE , usually $3.99, is a music guide to London, with over 1900 famous historic music locations in and around the city listed. If you live there or plan on visiting this app could be cool.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/singing-streets/id1487395261

• @Poppadocrock said:

Singing Streets - Now FREE , usually $3.99, is a music guide to London, with over 1900 famous historic music locations in and around the city listed. If you live there or plan on visiting this app could be cool.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/singing-streets/id1487395261

It looks as if it's just gone IAP-to-unlock rather than free-free; I can't actually confirm because it crashes on launch for me (iPad Pro 9.7", iOS 13.5 jailbroken). But thanks for the heads up anyway; it does look like a fun app.

• @skiphunt said:
    Wasn’t really looking for anything new. I’ve got way more than I ever use anyway. But, that Undulator is only $3.99 and the lowest it’s ever been.

It’s actually a lot of fun! No regrets :)

Undulator is one of my favorite Eventide apps, and I have all of them.

• @joniqwest said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@joniqwest said:

@israelite said:

@tahiche said:

@israelite said:

@skiphunt said:
    Wasn’t really looking for anything new. I’ve got way more than I ever use anyway. But, that Undulator is only $3.99 and the lowest it’s ever been.

It’s actually a lot of fun! No regrets :)

Would never pay above 20 EUR for a reverb but for 11 Blackhole Reverb is worth buying.
    Truly exceptional sound. Also at the lowest price since more than a year.

What about Micropitch?. Do i need it or I have apps that can do the same thing (Discord 4?) ?.
    About Undulator... I bought it a while back thinking it’d be a tremolo on steroids, but not really. It changes the sound too much, it’s peculiar as an effect but it’s no tremolo. Also I can’t seem to make it mono which makes it unusable as a guitar tremolo substitute.

That might by the only Eventide reverb you need. All other types can be found cheaper from other devs.
    Thinking about Micropitch as well. Still comparing it to Crystals which have a bit too defined character IMO and to QVox which has 4 pitch shifters but seem to more optimized towards vocals.

What really sounds good is TriceraChorus. Did you give it a try? I guess only BLEASS Chorus can compete with it.

Funny I really like FAC chorus its my go to lately

With you on FAC chorus.
    I’m a bit of an appaholic, but once I tried FAC, I have paid no attention to any other.

I have impulsation ( for IR's) and Alteza wondering between Toneboosters reverb or Blackhole. Do you own any of these ? I am trying my best not to be an appaholic :smile:

Alteza is more of a special effect; Blackhole is more “normal”.

• edited February 2021

@Pxlhg said:

@aleyas said:
    eventide don't have a phaser do they? Would love to get my hands on one if so..

FAC Phazer is superb and rightly priced, even cheap considered the quality.

Nembrini has one too, but FAC’s is my favorite. I want to put it on every channel on every track.

• @MadGav said:

PS too good an offer not to splurge the monthly app budget - CrushStation, TriceraChorus and UltraTap bought.

CrushStation is the other great secret weapon from Eventide, along with Undulator. When it comes to distortion, I value CrushStation as much as I do Saturn.

• Not music but could be useful to some in this forum the app SceneShot - screenshots & videos from 3D is free usually $4.99

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/sceneshot/id1451459822

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@MadGav said:

CrushStation is the other great secret weapon from Eventide, along with Undulator. When it comes to distortion, I value CrushStation as much as I do Saturn.

How does it compare to Mangleverb just on a kick? Probably not worth buying just for a kick but maybe distortion across tracks? When I bought mangleverb I wondered why not be modular but you dont have to add the reverb and the reverb dosent sound bad behind a delay ( which I thought were the norm ) A reverb after delay. Maybe it does have more settings for distortion?

• @sigma79 said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@MadGav said:

How does it compare to Mangleverb just on a kick? Probably not worth buying just for a kick but maybe distortion across tracks? When I bought mangleverb I wondered why not be modular but you dont have to add the reverb and the reverb dosent sound bad behind a delay ( which I thought were the norm ) A reverb after delay. Maybe it does have more settings for distortion?

CrushStation has different features than MangledVerb - Sag and octaving for a start.

• @MadGav said:

@sigma79 said:

@MadGav said:

CrushStation has different features than MangledVerb - Sag and octaving for a start.

Thanks. More features. Might buy another time if I need distortion control. Mangled should be fine with drums for now.

• @sigma79 said:

@MadGav said:

@sigma79 said:

@MadGav said:

Thanks. More features. Might buy another time if I need distortion control. Mangled should be fine with drums for now.

Mangled reminds me of the 90s Power Noise recipe of drums into reverb into distortion, now I have it I must give this a go...

• @sigma79 said:

@MadGav said:

I haven’t bonded with Mangleverb yet. Crushstation sounds like crunchy candy to me.

• @MadGav said:

@sigma79 said:

@MadGav said:

@sigma79 said:

@MadGav said:

Mangled reminds me of the 90s Power Noise recipe of drums into reverb into distortion, now I have it I must give this a go...

What do you think compared to crushstation? This was practically the first time, adding distortion for me anyway.

@sigma79 said:

@MadGav said:

I haven’t bonded with Mangleverb yet. Crushstation sounds like crunchy candy to me.

Does it mean its good?

• @sigma79 said:

@sigma79 said:

@MadGav said:

Does it mean its good?

Yeah I love CrushStation. It took me a while to warm up to it though. Saturn would be my goto for subtle bread and butter distortion. Crushstation is more of a delicious dessert.

@sigma79 said:

@sigma79 said:

@MadGav said:

Does it mean its good?

Yeah I love CrushStation. It took me a while to warm up to it though. Saturn would be my goto for subtle bread and butter distortion. Crushstation is more of a delicious dessert.

Sounds good. I think Id use it on things that arnt drums. Even though it should be good with drums, obviously. Would need to think if id use on anything not drums.

Is distortion and bit crush the same? Or is crushstation a distortion to a bit crush?

• That new app Vidi - Voice to Midi started at $8.99 but is now $2.99. Unfortunately description says it needs to be attached to a pc/Mac. I wonder....

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/vidi-voice-to-midi/id1549488489