Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Quinta Pitch Machine by Nembrini Audio

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1549515113

Description:

The Quinta Pitch Machine is more than your standard octave in that it not only gives you notes an octave up and an octave down, but also gives you a fifth up.

Each of the three intervals is dialled in proportion with its own knob, and you get a mix knob to blend dry and pitch-shifted sound, this runs from totally dry to totally pitch-shifted.

Your Quinta Pitch Machine comes with 4 knobs. Three of these are used to add in the extra notes.

The +1 OCTAVE knob adds a note that is 1 octave higher than the note you play on your instrument.

The -1 OCTAVE adds a note that is 1 octave lower than the note you play.

The +1 FIFTH adds a note that is a fifth higher than the note you play on your instrument.

The last control on your Quinta Pitch Machine is the MIX control. This adjusts the balance between the natural signal coming from your instrument as you play it and the whole configuration of added octaves and fifths you have set up via the other knobs on your Quinta Pitch Machine.

SONIC POSSIBILITIES

• Octave up, octave down, 5th up
  • Individual volume controls, plus master mix
  • Replicate organ, synth or 12-string sound
  • Play power chords on a single note

Works as a standalone app, AudioUnit v3 effect, or Inter-App Audio effect

Details:
Universal: Yes
Minimum OS version: 9.3
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• sweet just downloaded!

• Only $2.99 I’m very interested

• edited February 2021

Got it, using it now to turn the awesome Shockwave monosynth into a quasi poly synth. Nice, simple, does what it says on the tin.

• @Svetlovska said:
    Got it, using it now to turn the awesome Shockwave monosynth into a quasi poly synth. Nice, simple, does what it says on the tin.

Does it sample/repitch the input signal like a harmoniser or is it generating its own waveform like an octavider?

• @TheOriginalPaulB : errr... can I have one on sport? Sorry, dunno. Cave girl here. Uhg. One note go in, three come out. That all she know...

• LOL. If you play a sound that goes ‘twang’ as the input, do the other notes it generates also go ‘twang’, or do they go ‘oooh’?

• My god I just single-handedly brought back classic rock

• Ahem...(if it exists then the counterpart in Drambo exists too)

https://patchstorage.com/qinqan/

• @cuscolima : good call, tried em side by side, Qinqan sounds as good, if not better.

• @Svetlovska said:
    @cuscolima : good call, tried em side by side, Qinqan sounds as good, if not better.

Yes, this is the work of @Gratouilli . Thank you very much, great job

• edited February 2021

@cuscolima said:
    Ahem...(if it exists then the counterpart in Drambo exists too)

@Svetlovska said:
    @cuscolima : good call, tried em side by side, Qinqan sounds as good, if not better.

I saw this after buying Quinta so I wanted to try it out.
    The Drambo patch, which showcases Drambo’s pitch module, is fine, but Nembrinis is a lot fatter. It has other processing besides the pitch shifting that makes it a lot richer IMO. Also increased and very pleasant low end in the lower octave. I’m not saying you couldn’t achieve the same with Drambo but it’d take more than just the pitch shifter.
    Quinta sounds fantastic, I do wish it had -2 octaves for more subs, but is straightforward and fat.
    Here’s a video of the test comparing both, using the same file that came with the QuinQuan project.

• @cuscolima, @Svetlovska, thanks for mentionning my little patch.
    I think_(and definitely really hope)_ that @tahiche is right saying that Quinta is (at least) a lot more rich sounding than the "Just 3 pitch shifters" I've aligned in Drambo.
    Nevertheless, my version 1.0 was just to test the use of sliders ; I'm now trying to add some "body" to the sound and options to open this patch more 😉

• @Svetlovska said:
    @TheOriginalPaulB : does this help?

HELPS TONS THANKS SO MUCH!

• @tahiche said:

@cuscolima said:

@Svetlovska said:

The Drambo patch, which showcases Drambo’s pitch module, is fine, but Nembrinis is a lot fatter. It has other processing besides the pitch shifting that makes it a lot richer IMO. Also increased and very pleasant low end in the lower octave. I’m not saying you couldn’t achieve the same with Drambo but it’d take more than just the pitch shifter.
    Quinta sounds fantastic, I do wish it had -2 octaves for more subs, but is straightforward and fat.
    Here’s a video of the test comparing both, using the same file that came with the QuinQuan project.

Would running a second instance of Quinta after another get it down to two octaves?

• Gratouilli, I love that movie! Pixar never fails

• edited February 2021

@tahiche said:

@cuscolima said:

@Svetlovska said:

Yeah, the Nembrini can really get that almost-synth sound that Drambo can’t. Best $3 I’ve spent on the App Store in a long while.

• @Svetlovska said:
    @TheOriginalPaulB : does this help?

Yes, it’s a harmoniser (sample/repitch) rather than an octavider (oscillators). Thanks!

• @oat_phipps said:
    Gratouilli, I love that movie! Pixar never fails

chef’s kiss hahaha

• What’s the verdict I love Nembrini and have an itchy purchase finger?

• I’ve been having some serious problems with Quinta. Would love to know if anyone else is experiencing them.

• Very bad latency on ocassions. Didn’t happen on the demo video, in standalone Drambo. But I’ve experienced it in AUM. Bad latency to the point it makes it unusable. I use it to turn my 3 string cigar guitar into a bass (octave down), so any timing issues with the bass is obviously noticeable. And it’s bad. Very obvious when I turned it on/off on the “bass” track, it clearly lagged behind with Quinta engaged.
    • It’s screwed up monophonic in Zenbeats. It only outputs on the left speaker and there’s no way to fix it.
      I’m hoping these are addressed l as this is a new product. It sounds fantastic, but as it is it’s unusable, at least in my experiences. Actually I ended up using @Gratouilli ’s Drambo patch, to which I added a second octave down and processed with MixBox.
      Is no one else experiencing these problems?. Maybe it happened because the project had high CPU usage, I haven’t pinpointed it yet.
  • @tahiche said:
    I’ve been having some serious problems with Quinta. Would love to know if anyone else is experiencing them.

• Very bad latency on ocassions. Didn’t happen on the demo video, in standalone Drambo. But I’ve experienced it in AUM. Bad latency to the point it makes it unusable. I use it to turn my 3 string cigar guitar into a bass (octave down), so any timing issues with the bass is obviously noticeable. And it’s bad. Very obvious when I turned it on/off on the “bass” track, it clearly lagged behind with Quinta engaged.
    • It’s screwed up monophonic in Zenbeats. It only outputs on the left speaker and there’s no way to fix it.
      I’m hoping these are addressed l as this is a new product. It sounds fantastic, but as it is it’s unusable, at least in my experiences. Actually I ended up using @Gratouilli ’s Drambo patch, to which I added a second octave down and processed with MixBox.
      Is no one else experiencing these problems?. Maybe it happened because the project had high CPU usage, I haven’t pinpointed it yet.

Your post inspired me to do do some investigative work, and I think this is a bug on the side of Zenbeats...

Nembrini Quinta, Cali Dual, Bst, and Mrh, they all have the new “audio settings” menu in standalone. A few of the rack fx were also updated with this menu. It doesn’t matter if you select speaker 1 and 2 in Nembrini standalone, when you load these particular 4 apps into zenbeats, they only output to one speaker. All the other Nembrini apps that don’t have this “audio settings” menu yet, they output to stereo in zenbeats.

But when I load Quinta or Cali Dual into Cubasis or MTD, they output to stereo. So, it seems to me that there’s a problem with how zenbeats implements those particular “updated” Nembrinis, or there’s another bug at play on both sides. But this can’t be a coincidence. Can anyone else confirm this?

• Problems here too. Well, problem, singular; can't get any sound out of it.
    Standalone or in AUM.
    And, yes, I have remembered to unmute the input. Hmmmm...

• @JoyceRoadStudios said:
    But when I load Quinta or Cali Dual into Cubasis or MTD, they output to stereo. So, it seems to me that there’s a problem with how zenbeats implements those particular “updated” Nembrinis, or there’s another bug at play on both sides. But this can’t be a coincidence. Can anyone else confirm this?

I found this mono problem with 808 in ZenBeats, the older plugins I have are (were?) fine.

• Latency is a bit high, there are better options for real-time playing, but it sounds good on sax:

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/JtDjdXLqjxm4WccH7

• The 'High Q' switch stands for 'High quality' i guess? Because mine is acting like a crazy bit crusher 😆
    Every time I turn on this switch, I get this digital distortion, and it doesn't go away when I turn it off .
    Has anyone else experimented something like this?

• Latency is too high even when using on an already recorded track. Makes it sort of unusable. Is it just me?.

• @oat_phipps said:
    My god I just single-handedly brought back classic rock

Of course, you do realize The Rolling Stones are still around and playing live shows? LOL.

• I thought this was going to be a great app but I was a little underwhelmed with the sound it put out. Nembrini is typically great stuff but I wasn’t a big fan of this one.

• There’s an update today that claims “Fix latency delay in High Quality mode”.
    Quinta has been unusable for me due to the noticeable delay, so I rushed to try this. No good…
    I actually hadn’t paid much attention to the HQ setting and testing (in AUM) I just noticed some weird behavior…

• I loaded a guitar file and sent it to a bus with Quinta so I could hear both signals and check the latency.
    • Initial latency was not bad. Default is HQ off.
    • Switched to HQ. Latency is bad. Unusable.
    • Go back to HQ off. Latency is still bad. Stop AUM play head and start. Still bad. Mute unmute effect,still bad.
    • I add a second instance with default state HQ off. Latency is OK.

Seems like touching the HQ setting messes up things and you can’t go back. Weird. This plugin is extremely unreliable, it’s a pity. And surprising given Nembrinis deserved excellent reputation. I call this one a miss.

IMO There’s definitely a need for good, trouble free and straightforward pitch shifters.