Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best app for auto generating visuals/video to accompany IOS jams?

Hi all,

I routinely post my stuff to SoundCloud, but it occurs to me that I am missing a trick by not also publishing it to YouTube.

So I’d like to take the same approach to video as my music creation, that is, from a basis of not much skill, and using auto generation and visual fx as much as possible to create abstract, experimental ‘arty’ footage from collaged and sampled sources such as still images, sound-to-motion ‘screensavers’s, public domain films etc.

Can anyone suggest a suitable app, preferably capable of melding music and images in app in a single pass, and uploading direct to YouTube, or alternatively, that can quickly create footage that I can easily lay up against the music in iMovie?

I like the idea of being able to dial the level of my interaction up and down, from frame by frame manual composition all the way to ‘hit this button to render video’ idiot proof one shots.

For preference, I really don’t want to become a detailed video editor, just looking for an easy way to create some distracting/ entertaining visuals to justify posting to a visual medium, with some scope to tweak/intervene. All suggestions appreciated.

Comments