Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2021 iOS App Sales and Discussion

Comments

• @JeffChasteen said:

@joniqwest said:

@israelite said:

@tahiche said:

@israelite said:

@skiphunt said:
    Wasn’t really looking for anything new. I’ve got way more than I ever use anyway. But, that Undulator is only $3.99 and the lowest it’s ever been.

It’s actually a lot of fun! No regrets :)

Would never pay above 20 EUR for a reverb but for 11 Blackhole Reverb is worth buying.
    Truly exceptional sound. Also at the lowest price since more than a year.

What about Micropitch?. Do i need it or I have apps that can do the same thing (Discord 4?) ?.
    About Undulator... I bought it a while back thinking it’d be a tremolo on steroids, but not really. It changes the sound too much, it’s peculiar as an effect but it’s no tremolo. Also I can’t seem to make it mono which makes it unusable as a guitar tremolo substitute.

That might by the only Eventide reverb you need. All other types can be found cheaper from other devs.
    Thinking about Micropitch as well. Still comparing it to Crystals which have a bit too defined character IMO and to QVox which has 4 pitch shifters but seem to more optimized towards vocals.

What really sounds good is TriceraChorus. Did you give it a try? I guess only BLEASS Chorus can compete with it.

Funny I really like FAC chorus its my go to lately

With you on FAC chorus.
    I’m a bit of an appaholic, but once I tried FAC, I have paid no attention to any other.

I have impulsation ( for IR's) and Alteza wondering between Toneboosters reverb or Blackhole. Do you own any of these ? I am trying my best not to be an appaholic :smile:

• @joniqwest said:
    wondering between Toneboosters reverb or Blackhole. Do you own any of these ? I am trying my best not to be an appaholic :smile:

Toneboosters has some stand out Shimmer presets if you need that type of space-y FX.
    Generally, excellent reverb with EQ visual approach pioneered by Fab Filter. It's the budget
    FF Pro-R. If you have the expensive Pro-R you don't need it. If not... you should see what a good Visual EQ adds to a Reverb.

Blackhole is space-y FX personified. Lot's of knobs and morphing features to customize and automate.

• edited January 2021

@joniqwest said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@joniqwest said:

@israelite said:

@tahiche said:

@israelite said:

@skiphunt said:
    Wasn’t really looking for anything new. I’ve got way more than I ever use anyway. But, that Undulator is only $3.99 and the lowest it’s ever been.

Would never pay above 20 EUR for a reverb but for 11 Blackhole Reverb is worth buying.

What about Micropitch?. Do i need it or I have apps that can do the same thing (Discord 4?) ?.
    About Undulator... I bought it a while back thinking it’d be a tremolo on steroids, but not really. It changes the sound too much, it’s peculiar as an effect but it’s no tremolo. Also I can’t seem to make it mono which makes it unusable as a guitar tremolo substitute.

That might by the only Eventide reverb you need. All other types can be found cheaper from other devs.
    Thinking about Micropitch as well. Still comparing it to Crystals which have a bit too defined character IMO and to QVox which has 4 pitch shifters but seem to more optimized towards vocals.

What really sounds good is TriceraChorus. Did you give it a try? I guess only BLEASS Chorus can compete with it.

With you on FAC chorus.
    I’m a bit of an appaholic, but once I tried FAC, I have paid no attention to any other.

I have impulsation ( for IR's) and Alteza wondering between Toneboosters reverb or Blackhole. Do you own any of these ? I am trying my best not to be an appaholic :smile:

Toneboosters, in my opinion, is far more versatile than Blackhole. It can do everything up to and including cavernous. I do have Blackhole as well. Hello, my name is Jeff, and I have a problem...

• @JeffChasteen said:

@joniqwest said:

@israelite said:

@tahiche said:

@israelite said:

@skiphunt said:

With you on FAC chorus.

You motivated me to give FAC Chorus a try and indeed... it is a very very solid chorus. Good sounding straight out of the box. TriceraChorus on the other side seem to offer more variety in terms of tweaking and number of presets..now just need to decide if it's worth paying double for those extras.

• @israelite said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@joniqwest said:

@israelite said:

@tahiche said:

@israelite said:

@skiphunt said:

With you on FAC chorus.

You motivated me to give FAC Chorus a try and indeed... it is a very very solid chorus. Good sounding straight out of the box. TriceraChorus on the other side seem to offer more variety in terms of tweaking and number of presets..now just need to decide if it's worth paying double for those extras.

Glad to be of help!

• edited January 2021

FAC Chorus ruined me for all of the other good ones I don’t use anymore like the Eventide and Bleass, which are no slouches. But the FAC is next level for pure huge tone more than feature sets.

• @marmakin said:
    FAC Chorus ruined me for all of the other good ones I don’t use anymore like the Eventide and Bleass, which are no slouches. But the FAC is next level for pure huge tone more than feature sets.

It's FAC-ing thick.

• @McD said:

@joniqwest said:
    wondering between Toneboosters reverb or Blackhole. Do you own any of these ? I am trying my best not to be an appaholic :smile:

Toneboosters has some stand out Shimmer presets if you need that type of space-y FX.
    Generally, excellent reverb with EQ visual approach pioneered by Fab Filter. It's the budget
    FF Pro-R. If you have the expensive Pro-R you don't need it. If not... you should see what a good Visual EQ adds to a Reverb.

Blackhole is space-y FX personified. Lot's of knobs and morphing features to customize and automate.

Thanks @McD 🙏

• @JeffChasteen said:
    Toneboosters, in my opinion, is far more versatile than Blackhole. It can do everything up to and including cavernous. I do have Blackhole as well. Hello, my name is Jeff, and I have a problem...

Thanks I am thinking Tonebooster as well FF is too pricey and Blackhole seems very specific in its sound definitely prefer versatility

• @auxmux said:

@marmakin said:

It's FAC-ing thick.

Yup !!!

• Toneboosters reverb has a randomizer button.

I hope eventide adds a randomizer to all of their apps.

• @jolico said:
    Toneboosters reverb has a randomizer button.

Didn’t someone make an Eventide randomizer in Mozaic? Maybe I’m imagining that. Or maybe it was for the Mutable Instruments apps?

• @jolico said:

Where is that located? On the TB that is?

• @Poppadocrock said:

@jolico said:

• @DJB can we get a midi control for that randomizer please? I would like to trigger via midi.

• @jolico said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@jolico said:

Thank you very much.

• edited January 2021

Fluid & Sound simulation is Free, usually $.99. It’s in the music category but not a music app as we know it. Still looks and sounds cool.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/fluids-sounds-simulation/id1532653221

• Dude, that Fluid & Sound demo gave me acid flashbacks from an Iron Butterfly show I saw back in the 60s!

• @SNystrom ... Filmore East? I was there!

• @SNystrom said:
    Dude, that Fluid & Sound demo gave me acid flashbacks from an Iron Butterfly show I saw back in the 60s!

Lol. I know right. I have a couple apps like that but they’re strictly visual. They can be fun, mesmerizing, and stress relieving. Also I take screen shots or pause/stop motion in those app to get so great photos, that I then use in various ways...

• VAMono by Ryo Togawa

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1539829401

Down from $14.99 to $9.99

• edited January 2021

@aleyas said:
    eventide don't have a phaser do they? Would love to get my hands on one if so..

FAC Phazer is superb and rightly priced, even cheap considered the quality.

• 😉👍

• @Pxlhg said:

@aleyas said:
    eventide don't have a phaser do they? Would love to get my hands on one if so..

FAC Phazer is superb and rightly priced, even sheep considered the quality.

I have every IOS phaser so far I think haha. FAC is easily the best. I'd kill for an eventide phaser though.
    Maybe Bleass will make one this year 🤞

• @tahiche said:
    Is this true? Why does Eventide do this?.

I need a good pitch shifter for my guitar, a simple but good octave down. I don’t want stereo, specially hard panned fixed voices.
    That was disappointing in Undulator and here we are again. If my signal is mono I might want to keep it that way!. Or you might want to widen a vocal without taking up space in the stereo field. I can’t understand why they’d do this.

That's kind of annoying agreed. I did try Drambo/'Stereo to Mono' as an FX after Qvox and that worked fine I think, all in center.

• edited January 2021

@Pxlhg said:

@tahiche said:

I need a good pitch shifter for my guitar, a simple but good octave down. I don’t want stereo, specially hard panned fixed voices.
    That was disappointing in Undulator and here we are again. If my signal is mono I might want to keep it that way!. Or you might want to widen a vocal without taking up space in the stereo field. I can’t understand why they’d do this.

That's kind of annoying agreed. I did try Drambo/'Stereo to Mono' as an FX after Qvox and that worked fine I think, all in center.

Seems there is no user guide for QVox :( I’m wondering what the Pitch Mix knob does, it looks multi-functional which I suspect the pan pattern shown above?

PS too good an offer not to splurge the monthly app budget - CrushStation, TriceraChorus and UltraTap bought.

• @MadGav said:

@Pxlhg said:

@tahiche said:

Seems there is no user guide for QVox :( I’m wondering what the Pitch Mix knob does, it looks multi-functional which I suspect the pan pattern shown above?

PS too good an offer not to splurge the monthly app budget - CrushStation, TriceraChorus and UltraTap bought.

You can access user guide by clicking the ( i ) icon below the preset list. It's there in every eventide plugin.