Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2021 iOS App Sales and Discussion

Comments

• @israelite said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Midi Riff - an app that creates a midi riff, that is exportable, based on the text you type in the box is FREE, it’s gone free before but it is usually $5.99 give it a go. Cheers!

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/midiriff/id1493237219

Thanks a bunch for this.
    The app is great. Have not found a better midi generative app. So easy to create interesting melodies!

It is. There’s a free app that once cost a couple dollars called, Stravinski that is not too bad, it has midi out. Also If you like MidiRiff you might also like Fortamento with midi out, and midi export, and Piano Motifs with midi out and midi export.

• Tick Tock the Metronome- which also has a tuner and has only been around since August, is usually $4.99 now Free.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tick-tock-the-metronome/id1528654211

• edited January 2021

Chordy 2 is on sale.
    There is also a second (cheaper) version of this app without built in sounds, if anyone is interested.

Thanks @Poppadocrock for further info. Your knowledge is impressive.

• @israelite said:

Chordy 2 is on sale.
    There is also a second (cheaper) version of this app without built in sounds, if anyone is interested.

Thank you. I just try to contribute what I can. Cheers!

Yea the other app is MidiChordy - a midi controller- is $1 off at $2.99
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/midichordy/id1013895119

• @Poppadocrock said:

@israelite said:

Chordy 2 is on sale.

Thank you & you’re welcome. I just try to contribute and help when I can. Cheers!

Yea the other app is MidiChordy - a midi controller- is $1 off at $2.99
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/midichordy/id1013895119

• Eventide ShimmerVerb just dropped to $7.99.
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/shimmerverb/id1463786346

• A few other Eventide apps dropped as well.

MangledVerb $7.99

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/mangledverb/id1463787067

Spring Reverb $7.99
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/spring-reverb/id1480037666

• Eventide apps keep on dropping on price. Perhaps it's not over yet.

• That was fast.. You beat me @israelite lol.

• @orand you got the drop on me too.. cheersM

• @israelite said:

Eventide apps keep on dropping on price. Perhaps it's not over yet.

Bundles are gone.

• Wasn’t really looking for anything new. I’ve got way more than I ever use anyway. But, that Undulator is only $3.99 and the lowest it’s ever been.

It’s actually a lot of fun! No regrets :)

• @Poppadocrock said:
    MP3 Converter - Audio Converter is Free, usually $2.99

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/mp3-converter-audio-converter/id1534111101

Just tried it and it converted one of my screen recordings to an mp3 file perfectly!

• edited January 2021

@Intrepolicious said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Just tried it and it converted one of my screen recordings to an mp3 file perfectly!

Yea I’ve used it to do that as well, glad to hear you like it.

• Rhythm+ - Professional Metronome is $4 off down to $4.99

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/rhythm/id1475170650

• @skiphunt said:
    Wasn’t really looking for anything new. I’ve got way more than I ever use anyway. But, that Undulator is only $3.99 and the lowest it’s ever been.

Would never pay above 20 EUR for a reverb but for 11 Blackhole Reverb is worth buying.
    Truly exceptional sound. Also at the lowest price since more than a year.

• @israelite said:

@skiphunt said:
    Wasn’t really looking for anything new. I’ve got way more than I ever use anyway. But, that Undulator is only $3.99 and the lowest it’s ever been.

Would never pay above 20 EUR for a reverb but for 11 Blackhole Reverb is worth buying.

Dammit, you made me get it.
    What about Micropitch?. Do i need it or I have apps that can do the same thing (Discord 4?) ?.
    About Undulator... I bought it a while back thinking it’d be a tremolo on steroids, but not really. It changes the sound too much, it’s peculiar as an effect but it’s no tremolo. Also I can’t seem to make it mono which makes it unusable as a guitar tremolo substitute.

• eventide don't have a phaser do they? Would love to get my hands on one if so..

• edited January 2021

@tahiche said:

@israelite said:

@skiphunt said:

What about Micropitch?. Do i need it or I have apps that can do the same thing (Discord 4?) ?.
    About Undulator... I bought it a while back thinking it’d be a tremolo on steroids, but not really. It changes the sound too much, it’s peculiar as an effect but it’s no tremolo. Also I can’t seem to make it mono which makes it unusable as a guitar tremolo substitute.

That might by the only Eventide reverb you need. All other types can be found cheaper from other devs.
    Thinking about Micropitch as well. Still comparing it to Crystals which have a bit too defined character IMO and to QVox which has 4 pitch shifters but seem to more optimized towards vocals.

What really sounds good is TriceraChorus. Did you give it a try? I guess only BLEASS Chorus can compete with it.

• @israelite said:

@tahiche said:

@israelite said:

@skiphunt said:

That might by the only Eventide reverb you need. All other types can be found cheaper from other devs.
    Thinking about Micropitch as well. Still comparing it to Crystals which have a bit too defined character IMO and to QVox which has 4 pitch shifters but seem to more optimized towards vocals.

What really sounds good is TriceraChorus. Did you give it a try? I guess only BLEASS Chorus can compete with it.

Funny I really like FAC chorus its my go to lately

• Of the Eventide apps, I've only got 4 of them. I only bought them when they were on sale, when I was flush with credit, and because everyone raves about them. I think I have Blackhole, QVox, Rotary, and now Undulator. They're all good... but this recent Undulator has been the most fun straight out of the box. And, at only $3.99 has been a very pleasant surprise for just screwing around with all kinds of sounds... and with it's ribbon it's kinda "playable" too.

• If I already have Blackhole, is Shimmerverb worth owning? (I also own most of the other shimmer apps, so is this one particularly awesome/unique?)

• @boberto said:
    If I already have Blackhole, is Shimmerverb worth owning? (I also own most of the other shimmer apps, so is this one particularly awesome/unique?)

Beats me, I just bought it to “complete my bundle”. Was like 3 bucks IIRC. I don’t think I’ve ever started it.

@Poppadocrock said:

@Intrepolicious said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Yea I’ve used it to do that as well, glad to hear you like it.

Love it! I’m going to do all of my screen recording videos. I’m not so sure about the audio quality, but so far it sounds fine to my ears. Not like a screen recording has high resolution audio to begin with right?

• I always want the Eventide reverbs with pitch shifting to sound more organic. I do like Spring.

• @joniqwest said:

@israelite said:

@tahiche said:

@israelite said:

@skiphunt said:

Funny I really like FAC chorus its my go to lately

With you on FAC chorus.
    I’m a bit of an appaholic, but once I tried FAC, I have paid no attention to any other.

• @boberto said:
    If I already have Blackhole, is Shimmerverb worth owning? (I also own most of the other shimmer apps, so is this one particularly awesome/unique?)

Only if you are an Eventide completist.
    If you have the other shimmer apps, you are good to go.

• Is this true? Why does Eventide do this?.

I need a good pitch shifter for my guitar, a simple but good octave down. I don’t want stereo, specially hard panned fixed voices.
    That was disappointing in Undulator and here we are again. If my signal is mono I might want to keep it that way!. Or you might want to widen a vocal without taking up space in the stereo field. I can’t understand why they’d do this.