Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What hardware are you currently using or lusting

1234568»

Comments

• Maybe someone will design an app. That generates sequences that sound reasonable with the soma sequencer madness.

• edited January 2021

@IOSSOS said:
    Wow.....how would you do any vocals dendy?

in digitakt.. don't use voices too much.. in this track i just sampled from iphone (youtube) into digitakt and applied some lfo->pitch modulation and delay...

@thatguysmitty
    This is 🔥🔥🔥

• edited January 2021

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    Thomann have a great deal on the Korg Minilogue XD right now.

I couldn't resist.

It's on it's way.

Congrats! Report back!

Thanks. Will do!

In fact, half of my decision was based on a new tutorial by Max For Live developers, Cycling74, on how to build an Editor for the Minilogue XD in Ableton Live using Javascript.

So, wanting to learn that, and then seeing the special deal... it was impossible to resist. haha

https://cycling74.com/tutorials/building-a-synthesizer-editor-with-javascript-part-1

• edited January 2021

@MrSmileZ said:
    ATM I have:
    IMac with LPX & Reason 11
    IPad Pro gen 1 full of everything

Akai force
    Akai mpclive (gonna sell or trade)
    Roland mc707
    Arturia microfreak
    Dreadbox Typhon
    Novation Peak
    ASM Hydrasynth desktop

That’s about it besides sound reinforcement like headphones, monitors, mics, and controllers

I’m wondering how you use the Akai force and iPad... Which do you record into?. That is, if you do record vocals, guitars...

I lust for something that could free me from the screen. Like a maschine for iPad, but one that actually favors making songs and recording instruments. Seems like everything is geared towards electronic music, audio dept is badly neglected.

• using and loving my McMillen K-Board Pro

• Forever lusting after high end analog consoles.

Still lusting after vintage samplers (I have a problem).

Lusting after pots, encoders, key switches, enclosures and frontpanels, because I’m building a custom iPad dock/controller/audio interface thingy.

• @tahiche said:

@MrSmileZ said:
    ATM I have:
    IMac with LPX & Reason 11
    IPad Pro gen 1 full of everything

Akai force
    Akai mpclive (gonna sell or trade)
    Roland mc707
    Arturia microfreak
    Dreadbox Typhon
    Novation Peak
    ASM Hydrasynth desktop

That’s about it besides sound reinforcement like headphones, monitors, mics, and controllers

I’m wondering how you use the Akai force and iPad... Which do you record into?. That is, if you do record vocals, guitars...

I lust for something that could free me from the screen. Like a maschine for iPad, but one that actually favors making songs and recording instruments. Seems like everything is geared towards electronic music, audio dept is badly neglected.

Yep. If not neglected then certainly under represented.

• I’m wondering how you use the Akai force and iPad... Which do you record into?. That is, if you do record vocals, guitars...

I sometimes record guitar and vocals into the audio tracks of the mpclive or force. I mostly use Logic for vocals, Mixing, and mastering. Just easier with more tools. BUT FORCE has a new arranger that makes this process run very smooth in my opinion.

• edited January 2023

This is a fun thread.

I can't afford any of the following right now, or any time soon, but I can dream. I lack the funds to buy any of it, lack the space to store it, and the electricity to run it all. But still, I can dream, and appreciate the existence of well designed products (especially as I formerly trained as an electronic product designer back in the mid-90s).

Torso T-1
    Korg Odyssey
    Monome Grid
    Korg Volca Sample 2
    Korg Volca Modular
    Novation Circuit Rhythm
    OP-Z
    Sensel Morph
    Fairfield Circuitry Shallow Water
    Chase Bliss Blooper pedal
    Chase Bliss Mood pedal
    iConnectAudio4+ Audio Interface
    M2 iPad Pro

I am literally in love with the top three in that list. They are gorgeousness itself!

All while loving and appreciating what I have.

It looks like I have a couple of late Christmas presents coming later this week, I'm choosing them right now.

Current hardware:
    MacBook Pro
    iPad Air 4
    iPhone SE2020
    xKey Air 37
    Korg NanoKey Studio
    Tascam DR-100 Mk3 for sampling and field recordings
    Shure M88 iPhone mic for sampling and field recordings
    AudioTechnica MX50 headphones
    Teenage Engineering M-1 headset for mobile listening and recording