Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 !

Comments

• @R_2 said:
    Bug in Gadget 4.6.6 when using Milpitas.
    Example:
    - Load up a new Milpitas
    - Browse to KLC card and select preset 3 ‘Dist Cyber Bass’.
    No sound is heard until the FX are changed.
    It seems some FX are not ‘loaded it’ probably.
    Doesn’t occur in standalone iWavestation.

Can someone confirm before I sent a report?

You can send it...
    (It's not the only preset that is bugged, there are too many to list so it's a bug that has crept in).

Looking forward to Gadget 5.0.0 or something during 2021...

• @Samu Thanks.
    Yeah, many presets sound bugged, some more interesting than others :)

• Quick question: Is it better to post bug reports here? I am not quite sure where to go to post such reports.

Here is my bug: I have the Nano Studio controllers and usually the seelect keys on the NanoKONTROL Studio selects the Track you want to edit. As seen here:

But not so with the current version. The select knobs do absolutely nothing in Gadget 2. Can someone veryfy this?

• @Doc_T Bug reports to Korg are done here: https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Don’t have a nanoKontrol Studio myself, so can’t verify.

• Gadget VR 🥽

• That looks cool!

• edited January 2021

@Doc_T said:
    Quick question: Is it better to post bug reports here? I am not quite sure where to go to post such reports.

Here is my bug: I have the Nano Studio controllers and usually the seelect keys on the NanoKONTROL Studio selects the Track you want to edit. As seen here:

But not so with the current version. The select knobs do absolutely nothing in Gadget 2. Can someone veryfy this?

I can confirm that the select does nothing.

• edited January 2021

Thank you for checking this. Today I also got a mail from KORG support, reading

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.
    We are sorry for the late reply.

The Select button does not work in Native Mode of nanoKONTROL Studio. This is the current specification.
    However, we will share your request with our development team.
    It is difficult for us to respond to all requests, but we will consider it.

Best regards,
    KORG app team

Quite strange since it obviously works in the Sonic Lab video and it also used to work here with former versions of Gadget. No idea why they would change the 'specification' since it only subtracts a useful function rendering the row of knobs redundant within Gadget. Weird.

• edited January 2021

I’m disappointed with the direction Korg are taking with Gadget, the vision seems to be veering far from what I originally thought it was...lots I wish for but we lose features, lack updates to the Mac version, only get sound packs for a year with an odd synth (which sounds pretty good) iPhone only and get a VR version...

...a shame really...who knows what’s down the road though...maybe we will get ielectribe etc as gadgets...maybe we will get AUv3 fx integration...who knows...a bit too big a gap for me...ah well

• There's one more day of this virtual NAMM left so we can only hope to see some apps drop.
    Korg could start with the MDE-X as their first effects AUv3.

iTriton would be nice to see as well...

• @DaveMagoo said:
    I’m disappointed with the direction Korg are taking with Gadget, the vision seems to be veering far from what I originally thought it was...lots I wish for but we lose features, lack updates to the Mac version, only get sound packs for a year with an odd synth (which sounds pretty good) iPhone only and get a VR version...

...a shame really...who knows what’s down the road though...maybe we will get ielectribe etc as gadgets...maybe we will get AUv3 fx integration...who knows...a bit too big a gap for me...ah well

I contacted them about NKS support and Fairbanks gadget for the Windows plugins and they said this is coming soon. So hopefully they’re still working on updates to existing stuff.

• @GrimLucky said:

@DaveMagoo said:

I contacted them about NKS support and Fairbanks gadget for the Windows plugins and they said this is coming soon. So hopefully they’re still working on updates to existing stuff.

Interesting, good to hear

• @DaveMagoo said:

@GrimLucky said:

@DaveMagoo said:

Desktop update is now out, includes Fairbanks 😊

https://www.korg.com/us/news/2021/0204/

• @GrimLucky said:

@DaveMagoo said:

@GrimLucky said:

@DaveMagoo said:

Nice!

• @R_2 said:
    Gadget VR 🥽

Is this a joke? It looks like the early days of CD-ROMs. Why on earth would you want to remove the tactile sense of making music even further away from hardware? Bizarre.

• @GrimLucky said:

@DaveMagoo said:

@GrimLucky said:

@DaveMagoo said:

Any idea if the NKS supports works in StandAlone when an NI device is just connected to Gadget on the Desktop?

In other words, can you use Maschine as a controller for Gadget on the desktop?

• @echoopera said:

@GrimLucky said:

@DaveMagoo said:

@GrimLucky said:

@DaveMagoo said:

Any idea if the NKS supports works in StandAlone when an NI device is just connected to Gadget on the Desktop?

Midi mode

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@echoopera said:

@GrimLucky said:

@DaveMagoo said:

@GrimLucky said:

@DaveMagoo said:

Midi mode

So just as a controller. No browsing of synth and drum patches?

• @echoopera said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@echoopera said:

@GrimLucky said:

@DaveMagoo said:

@GrimLucky said:

@DaveMagoo said:

Midi mode

Right

• edited February 2021

The Milpitas bug is still present in the Mac version. iOS version is fine again.

• @Doc_T said:
    The Milpitas bug is still present in the Mac version. iOS version is fine again.

Yeah, I got a reply to my bug report that it got fixed on iOS 2 weeks ago.
    You’d expect a fix on Mac too. Guess it wouldn’t hurt to report it for the Mac version (don’t own it myself).

• edited February 2021

I have just reported it. I don't really get it. If the bug showed up in both versions, why is it only fixed in one of them? I thought since it was fixed in the Gadget iOS version it would sure also be fixed in the next (the current) Mac version update, but - not so. Isn't it the same codebase? Only KORG knows...

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@echoopera said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@echoopera said:

@GrimLucky said:

@DaveMagoo said:

@GrimLucky said:

@DaveMagoo said:

Midi mode

Right

Thanks. Was hoping for some magical connection opportunity with my Maschine+

• Yesterday I bumped into this nice Gadget Re-Creation of Robert Miles's Children...

Made me realize that we have a shedload of classic sounds in Gadget with rest of the supporting Korg apps already :)

Then again I qualify as a lazy hipster so after seeing this 'Bad Gear' review of the Korg MicroKorg I just thought...

...wouldn't it be nice to have a iMicroKorg app for iOS/iPadOS? :D
    (I have some experience with the MS2000 on which it's based so I would not mind having that oldie as an app).

Cheers!

• R_2R_2
    edited March 2021

@Samu Yes, that Miles cover is nice. Here’s one I stumbled into:

I agree Gadget has a huge sound pallet to offer nowadays.

iMicroKorg would be fun, personally would prefer iRadias. Wasn’t there some reference to Radias in Gadget’s files? I feel like we have some of those ‘sound engines’ already, spread out over multiple gadgets.

• @R_2 said:
    Wasn’t there some reference to Radias in Gadget’s files?

Yeah, when digging in the *.ipa file...
    ...guess I'll download the *.ipa again and dig deeper at some point.

The quite rare Korg R3 is also pretty neat, never seen one in person though...
    (I do regret not buying a friends MS2000 when he sold it for peanuts (<$100) 10+ years back).

Hopefully we'll see some new Gadgets and/or supports apps soon...
    ...the IAPs for Module start to feel like a 'cash grab' even though I do like them :D

• Gadget is still one of my favorite things on my iPad!
    I recently picked up odyssei and it might be my favorite ios synth! So glad it’s a gadget so i can do full tracks with multiple instances.
    Its not au , but with gadget i don’t really care as i can export the audio to anything.
    But if anyone’s been on the fence about odyssei, i highly recommend just getting it, i waited way too long!

• ...the IAPs for Module start to feel like a 'cash grab' even though I do like them :D

And addictive, I went to get one of the new ones the other day and have all four today. They do sound good though.

• @Samu said:
    Yesterday I bumped into this nice Gadget Re-Creation of Robert Miles's Children...

Made me realize that we have a shedload of classic sounds in Gadget with rest of the supporting Korg apps already :)

That’s cool and all, but also makes me realize that peeps who still love Gadget 7 years later appreciate that Korg is stuck in the 90’s and that’s where it wants to remain.

• @reasOne said:
    Gadget is still one of my favorite things on my iPad!
    I recently picked up odyssei and it might be my favorite ios synth! So glad it’s a gadget so i can do full tracks with multiple instances.
    Its not au , but with gadget i don’t really care as i can export the audio to anything.
    But if anyone’s been on the fence about odyssei, i highly recommend just getting it, i waited way too long!

ODYSSEi is its hottest synth for sure. Then again, it’s not Korg LOL