Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

O.T.: An extraordinarily dark day in American history...

1212223242527»

Comments

• edited January 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:

@michael_m said:
    Aren’t we going off-topic here?

its not really off-topic.
    its about the twisted view Americans have on the world ...

That’s a rather racist viewpoint to have.

• @Max23 said:

@AudioGus said:

@Max23 said:

@AudioGus said:

@Max23 said:
    Who had African slaves in Europe??? ;)

A brief goog seems to indicate there were tons of European owners but sounds like they kept most of that dirty business across the pond...?

not exactly, they kidtnapped ppl in Africa and sold them to america but didnt have slaves themselves.

Semantic dance. I suppose by ‘have’ and ‘had’ you mean serving tea and biscuits on Downing street?

My goog seemed to indicate the existence of tons of official legal european documents that said they were owned by Europeans. to ‘sell’ someone you claim to ‘own’ them, so you ‘have’ them. I ‘have’ funds in an offshore bank etc. Yeehaw, Semantic Dance!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/british/abolition/africa_article_01.shtml#four

^^ beyond the semantic dance, there is a difference between having slaves on your farm and not having slaves on your farm. I guess you agree with that.

Out of sight, out of mind? Sure.

• edited January 2021
  • The tone-deafness is astonishing.

• @Max23 said:

@AudioGus said:

@Max23 said:

@AudioGus said:

@Max23 said:

@AudioGus said:

@Max23 said:
    Who had African slaves in Europe??? ;)

A brief goog seems to indicate there were tons of European owners but sounds like they kept most of that dirty business across the pond...?

not exactly, they kidtnapped ppl in Africa and sold them to america but didnt have slaves themselves.

Semantic dance. I suppose by ‘have’ and ‘had’ you mean serving tea and biscuits on Downing street?

My goog seemed to indicate the existence of tons of official legal european documents that said they were owned by Europeans. to ‘sell’ someone you claim to ‘own’ them, so you ‘have’ them. I ‘have’ funds in an offshore bank etc. Yeehaw, Semantic Dance!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/british/abolition/africa_article_01.shtml#four

^^ beyond the semantic dance, there is a difference between having slaves on your farm and not having slaves on your farm. I guess you agree with that.

Out of sight, out of mind? Sure.

social consequences, like people in the back of the bus. ;)

Aye, pretty medieval stuff.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_medieval_Europe

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    The tone-deafness is astonishing.

Must be a drummer.

• edited January 2021
  • @Deskscape said:

@Max23 said:

lol, nope
    they all play the same scale
    hello bach
    where is that popular music that isnt temperate 12 tone? ;)

dont try to drag European culture into your shit. ;)

Maybe I can offer a reverse example to make a point. When Wynton Marsalis plays or records Bach, he does so with reference to the culture that produced Bach's music, i.e. the western twelve tone system developed over several centuries. When Eric Clapton pulls out his acoustic guitar and does a solo performance of a Robert Johnson or Bill Broonzy composition, he does so with praise for those performers and the culture that they were heir to, both its artistic positives and social constraints.

Another example in American culture shows the cultural appropriation model more clearly. In the early days of rock n' roll, black songwriters and performers often languished (or stagnated) in obscurity while white performers of their material (i.e. Elvis Presley) topped the charts. Racism and discrimination played a huge part in that situation. However, the black artists in those days dressed as white western culture did at the time. Shirts and ties, dresses, etc.

With the cultural awakening of the 60s, black artists and intellectuals began to explore the roots of their African heritage in dress, food, music, and artistic style. They did so in recognition of the fact that their adoption of western dress had been culturally imposed as a condition of their enslavement (and later segregation). A white person adopting African derived hairstyles or dress isn't getting in touch with their ancestral culture. Indeed to do that, a white person would just revert to dressing in an earlier western fashion from a previous century. (Doublets and stockings, anyone?)

Given the long sad history of slavery, segregation, discrimination, abuse, and murder, yes, murder inflicted on people of African descent, it should not be surprising that any attempts by white artists or social climbers looking to be "cool" by adopting now perceived "cool" black fashionable dress or artistic moves would be seen by the black community as offensive, and not a tribute to black "coolness".

Disclaimer: I'm not a person of colour so this view may be lacking. Maybe contributors to this thread who have experienced this directly can provide a more focused view (and/or correct my errors, omissions, etc.)

To add some more details about the ways in which African Americans were denied the benefit of their contribution to American music goes far beyond that. It isn't simply that white artists made more money covering the work of black composers, it is that African Americans were denied reasonable access to the marketplace for decades. Their music wasn't played on white radio stations, they weren't allowed to play in must clubs. White bands had access to far more venues and a larger public than black artists. White bands often simply covered (or ripped off with trivial changes) songs written by black artists. This was true for a long time; in the jazz era; in the rock 'n roll era.

Black artists were subject to even worse theft by record companies than their white contemporaries. Tons of people today still don't understand that rock and roll and jazz were the creations of African Americans.

The lack of credit didn't just have an economic impact, it also denied African Americans the credit they deserved for a massive beneficial impact on American culture. The many people to whom "whiteness counts" are more able to live in their bubble of believing that diluting European influence weakens American culture by virtue of their ignorance about the important intellectual and cultural contributions of non-whites.

Are their people that complain about cultural appropriation in contexts where it doesn't apply? Sure. But that doesn't mean that the issue isn't an important that merits thought.

In my opinion, those that blithely dismiss the notion that cultural appropriation is an issue of any merit in any context are either ignorant of the issues or insensitive to it by virtue of having no meaningful connection to people impacted by it.

I also find it strange when people don't see that there is a distinction between influence and theft. Is it sometimes hard to tell the difference between plagiarism and influence -- sometimes. But it doesn't make the distinction meaningless.

• @Max23 said:

@michael_m said:

@Max23 said:

@michael_m said:
    Aren’t we going off-topic here?

its not really off-topic.
    its about the twisted view Americans have on the world ...

That’s a rather racist viewpoint to have.

Ah the American race, rofl.
    its getting really silly now. ;)

That’s not a very convincing defense against a statement that paints all people of a certain origin as flawed in a way that you decide they are flawed.

There’s nothing “silly” about pointing out that a person is racially prejudiced.

• edited January 2021
  • @Max23 Wrote

we are all standing on the sholders of people that became before us. So what?
    I refuse to think in white people /black people categories. 
    its just people god damned.

It is simply a fact that black people in America have suffered greatly in America because white Americans denied them rights and methodically denied them access to the the economy. Those are facts. It isn’t a matter of my seeing black and white as categories.

Denial of history and fact doesn’t make you a superior intellect that is beyond prejudice.

And, yes race is an artificial ,non-scientific distinction. That does not change the fact that such non-scientific distinctions have a huge impact.

Race is a fluid non-scientific concept ... and Germans not long ago used it to distinguish themselves from other Europeans who they considered inferior. You might recall that in the not distant past, it was used as a reason for putting people to death.

Your comment “we are all standing...” is an irrelevant mischaracterization of what I’ve said. You don’t even seem to be trying to understand the point.

• edited January 2021
  • @Max23 : your statements aren't relevant to what I said.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @Max23 : your statements aren't relevant to what I said.

evergreen response.
    why are you bothering with the troll?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ExAsperis99 said:
    Max just ejaculates words and when it is pointed out that they make no sense, his response is always the same: LOL.

Harsh... sometimes those words are poetry and sometimes the righteous indignation of the
    outcast. "Sense" is responsibility of the reader sometimes.

Big fan... first time caller.

• edited January 2021
  • @ExAsperis99 said:

@espiegel123 said:
    @Max23 : your statements aren't relevant to what I said.

evergreen response.
    why are you bothering with the troll?

Point taken

• @Max23 said:
    I remember a European techno artist on tour in america last year.
    black people in america hated on her because she is a white woman with dreadlocks.

thats whats wrong with the USA. ;)
    black people this, white ppl that.
    fuck that.

Can you provide examples of this?? Why do you find the need to try and group al people that hated on her??? Or maybe you could just shut the fuck up!??!?

• edited January 2021
  • @AudioGus said:

He’s demonstrating that he can go on Twitter and Trump can’t.

• Okay, I think I’ll close this down for a little while. Getting a little heated. Let’s step away for a few days and I’ll open it up again.

This discussion has been closed.