Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Behringer working on a VCS3

Fantastic if true

Comments

• There was a screenshot of CAD designs for it about a year ago too, so I think it’s on the cards.

• edited January 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited January 2021

@Max23 : grandfathers test equipment - my favourite thing! Here’s hoping a) that it’s true and b) doesn’t cost any more than their 2600 unit. Also - didn’t you mention you had done patches for the iVCS3? If so, you are presumably a connoisseur of such things? :) Be interested in your take on it should this thing ever see the light of day.

• Ah the fabled Butney

• edited January 2021
  • @Max23 said:
    this has some modifications like sync
    but cant see S/H
    and no keyboard
    and no sequencer

As long as it has MIDI IN that should be no problem

• @NoiseFloored said:
    Ah the fabled Butney

🤣🤣🤣

• it has midi in

• @NoiseFloored said:
    Ah the fabled Butney

Lol

• Very exciting, except I don’t like the form factor. For practical reasons I’d much rather see what they did for the Arp 2600. That said, I’m buying it.

• @Apex said:
    Very exciting, except I don’t like the form factor. For practical reasons I’d much rather see what they did for the Arp 2600. That said, I’m buying it.

I love the quirkiness of it - kind of like the MS20. I like how it still kinda looks like old test equipment too.
    Rack or L-shaped - I'm buying regardless too. Only other big ones from them I'm waiting for are the CS80 and SH5. They're also purportedly working on a Proton to complement the Neutron.. that will be fun.

• edited January 2021
  • They posted a few more pictures in FB, with this comment:

Here is is our first VCS3 prototype - alive and in color!
    While the circuitry is all analog and based on the original, you can see that we've added many more functions in cooperation with an expert VCS modder from the UK. Also the internal design has been completely reengineered to adapt to modern manufacturing processes.
    Some of you asked if it has a mechanical spring reverb and also real wood; the answer is a clear "yes".
    The next step is for our engineers to "trouble shoot' the unit in conjunction with our expert partner and additional beta testers, who are lucky enough to own an original unit.
    Please remember that this is our first prototype and it will take much more time to complete the unit, however we feel confident that will ship the VCS3 within this year.
    We'd love to hear your opinions:-)

• Shame the inputs and outputs are on the back - would be far more practical on the front.

• Wow, that new prototype. Looks amazing. What price are they targeting?

The 2600 is something I'm really thinking about.

• Well, it looks like a toy compared to the OG. But then again, it's not gonna be $10k+ for a 50 year old unit.
    Even if they don't refine the knobs, I'm still gonna get one. Owning a VCS3 is something I never thought would happen in my life.

• ill be grabbing one as well.

• ive got the td-3 from them that ive been slowly modding.. while it may not be the real thing its still a great instrument.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited January 2021
  • @Max23 said:
    the attack button looks like its going to fall off if you cough infront of it.

Yeah, noticed that too, let’s hope it’s just a sign of this being a prototype unit. I can’t really comment on the build quality of their other synths.

I wonder if the MIDI mesages are normalled to input channels 1 and 2 as pitch and velocity.

• @michael_m said:
    Shame the inputs and outputs are on the back - would be far more practical on the front.

Too true, but most people foolishly trade aesthetic for practicality

• @Max23 said:

🤣 I just saw this, amazing

• @Max23 said:
    there is an invert switch for trapezoid
    and sync
    and 2 filters 24/18 db
    and the output filters should be 6db lp
    the joystick is endless fun
    cool

the attack button looks like its going to fall off if you cough infront of it.
    it doesnt have the noise S/H mod :/

but I think its damned sexy
    don't like the colored knobs
    I got rid of all hardware 20 years ago
    but this
    I guess I can't resist
    how much?

Our high school had an AKS with the sequencer. I’m convinced that I’m the only one to ever use it in a concert. Did at one point think about getting a Rehberg VCS, couldn’t justify it in the end. This might just be the ticket.

• It could probably have been done more sensibly as a eurorack / Neutron sized thing with the patch matrix in the middle.