Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Eventide Blackhole Reverb Pedal: MIDI Control in apeMatrix - Daveypoo, The Mobile Music Minstrel

We've got the new Blackhole Reverb PEDAL in the house!!!

Today I set up full MIDI control of the pedal using apeMatrix's built in AUv3 apps!

Comments

• I missed this one... is it good?

• The video or the pedal?

The video - meh.

The pedal - yeah!

• McDMcD
    edited January 2021

Hardware? Oh no... I like "OT" in the title. There are costs to hardware that I'm eager to avoid:

Product cost
    Storage/Studio Management expense
    RTFM effort (I'll get I could just spin the dials on this baby and get something cool).

Oh no... And I didn't even watch and hear it yet.

Maybe there's some value in the MIDI inter-op lesson here? Anyone want to weigh in?

(Strymon BlueSky comparisons?)

• Damn... it's looks like i'll have to watch this video to get a decent review.
    I'm disappointed in the support here, folks. If I end buying a hardware pedal I'll
    hold you all accountable.

• If it's a question of pedal vs app, that's a no brainer: unless you're gigging, use the app.

But definitely watch the video.

• You really think I should?

I'll sleep on it... or wait for a 2nd opinion.

• Been sat on the fence for a couple of months over the pedal... your vid may have convinced me.

• @enc said:
    Been sat on the fence for a couple of months over the pedal... your vid may have convinced me.

You won't regret it...

• Man... you have so much cool hardware. 2 of those little Keith McMillan keyboards that I covet. TWO.

And then YouTube followed the one up with your Guitar Tone video where you explain that
    your band mates all have expensive vintage gear.

As an addict I may have to avoid hanging with you. (I do have to get one of those keyboards at some point). I can pass on the Eventide hardware but you make a great case for a well made piece if hardware. Hardware wise... I'm jones-ing for one of these M1 MacBooks. I've run the configurator and keep adding extras and it's well into the $2K range when I get all my dream features. But it could totally change my world... I just need to spill a drink in my
    MacBook, right? I need something to replace it.

• edited January 2021

Yeah, HUGE caveat to this video: Anyone that is running a guitar through an iPad might not want to buy a $280 pedal with Eventide's premium markup instead of the $20 Blackhole Reverb app. (I use this app all the time and it is a best of class must-buy to me, but man do they have high prices on the guitar gear. Always have.)

• @boberto said:
    Yeah, HUGE caveat to this video: Anyone that is running a guitar through an iPad might not want to buy a $280 pedal with Eventide's premium markup instead of the $20 Blackhole Reverb app. (I use this app all the time and it is a best of class must-buy to me, but man do they have high prices on the guitar gear. Always have.)

I agree - hopefully that was fairly clear in the video!

• @McD said:
    Man... you have so much cool hardware. 2 of those little Keith McMillan keyboards that I covet. TWO.

And then YouTube followed the one up with your Guitar Tone video where you explain that
    your band mates all have expensive vintage gear.

See - they have all the gear because I have neither the funds nor the space for such gear. As for the things I DO own, it really boils down to a handful of deliberately chosen items I've picked up in the last few years alongside a few pieces I was smart enough to purchase back in the day and then hang on to.

The only reason I have 2 K-Boards is because I got a coupon for $$ off the 2nd one 😉. Trust me - it's all far less impressive in person than it seems in the video. I'm sure you've got a few things I'd covet given the chance...

• McDMcD
    edited January 2021

@Daveypoo said:
    I'm sure you've got a few things I'd covet given the chance...

Touche. I down-sized considerably and IOS has helped me maintain some GAS habits without a lot of physical space consumption or additional clutter.

• the pedal is fantastic! best pedal I have bought in years. play it through my tube amp and its like meditation...

• Great vid Daveypoo, you make it very clear, and its an impressive pedal. Thanks. Just to clarify, how does the K-board hook up to the pedal, is it the usb midi cable from the pedal to the K-board? Is the k-board separately powered or is it through the usb?
    Like you I have a few pedals that I’d like to integrate with iOS, in particular the Sonuus wahoo filter, which has USB midi. The AUV3 matrix maybe the answer.

• @Tickletiger said:
    Great vid Daveypoo, you make it very clear, and its an impressive pedal. Thanks. Just to clarify, how does the K-board hook up to the pedal, is it the usb midi cable from the pedal to the K-board? Is the k-board separately powered or is it through the usb?
    Like you I have a few pedals that I’d like to integrate with iOS, in particular the Sonuus wahoo filter, which has USB midi. The AUV3 matrix maybe the answer.

The K-Board, the Blackhole pedal and my Behringer UMC404HD interface are all connected to an Anker 7-port USB hub. Blackhole pedal and UMC404HD have their own power supplies, the K-Board is powered by the hub. The iPad/apeMatrix handle MIDI routing.

Does that answer your question?

• @Daveypoo said:

@Tickletiger said:
    Great vid Daveypoo, you make it very clear, and its an impressive pedal. Thanks. Just to clarify, how does the K-board hook up to the pedal, is it the usb midi cable from the pedal to the K-board? Is the k-board separately powered or is it through the usb?

The K-Board, the Blackhole pedal and my Behringer UMC404HD interface are all connected to an Anker 7-port USB hub. Blackhole pedal and UMC404HD have their own power supplies, the K-Board is powered by the hub. The iPad/apeMatrix handle MIDI routing.

Does that answer your question?

Perfect, yes thanks!