Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mixbox crash ios cubasis 2

I recently got IK mixbox using ios12.3
when using it in cubasis 2 the UI disappeared mostly using the "Air solo" preset under Guitar effects.

the audio and mixbox effects are still active but the visual had disappeared?

if I close cubasis 2 and reopen it, the UI re-appears.

i think this has also happened on other presets but "Air solo" seems to be more..

Garageband, Nanostudio, AUM seem OK....

ipad pro 10.5 2017
ios 12.3..

anyone else having this issue?? 🙏

Comments

• Yes, I’ve seen this on my iPad Mini 2 iOS 12.latest. FWIW I’ve seen a similar problem with DrumStix.

• thanks, it might be a bit of a big ask, but if you could contact IK they might fix it, the more people who report bug the more chance they'll take notice....
    🙏 🙏

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

• I tried to reproduce it in Cubasis 2 using that preset but couldn’t , it’s working fine, I’m on a 2020 IPad Pro running IPad OS 13.7 , I’m guessing the issue might be with IOS 12.3

• Thanks. mixbox says ios12 & higher, surely IK should know which ios version it work or does not work on....

i am not always able to reproduce the crash, its a Random thing that I guess I'll have to live with.....

• @Zion23 This AUv3 failure to display GUI is (sort of) normal. It has happened to me with other apps on iPadOS 14.3. It seems like a timing error, where the AUv3 doesn't realize it is in the foreground. I don't use Cubasis, but you should be able to switch to another view in the host, then back to MixBox, and it should refresh correctly.

• @uncledave said:
    @Zion23 This AUv3 failure to display GUI is (sort of) normal. It has happened to me with other apps on iPadOS 14.3. It seems like a timing error, where the AUv3 doesn't realize it is in the foreground. I don't use Cubasis, but you should be able to switch to another view in the host, then back to MixBox, and it should refresh correctly.

I’ve found with this that “when it’s gone it’s gone” viewing other panes doesn’t help.

• I found that if I have a track with mixbox and the UI disappears and duplicate that track, on the duplicated track mixbox opens fine.
    or. if I close cubasis then reopen it mixbox appears...
    the strange world of ios I guess.... 👍🏻