Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

looking for app like polyphase but able to take MIDI input

Is there an app that can take multiple MIDI outputs from a sequencer app and change it in a generative fashion? Delete, add or change notes based on rules set by the user? Polyphase seems to do the multiple and generative parts but does not accept external MIDI, AFAIK. People keep pointing me to look at scripts for Mozaic that would do this - but unsure of the generative capacities of Mozaic.

Comments

• Xequence has an IAP that allows its sequencer to become generative.

• edited January 2021

It's not clear to me if you want to load a MIDI file and then alter it, or alter a MIDI input source.

These alter MIDI input:

StepPolyArp
    Aphelian (Arp mode)

To load MIDI and then muck with it, I suggest Xynthesizr and Thesys in addition to Xequence2.

• @mojozart said:
    It's not clear to me if you want to load a MIDI file and then alter it, or alter a MIDI input source.

These alter MIDI input:

StepPolyArp
    Aphelian

To load MIDI and then muck with it, I suggest Xynthesizr and Thesys in addition to Xequence2.

Yes I am unfamiliar with the exact terms - I'd like to alter MIDI input in, at best, a generative fashion and at least, a random fashion. It turns out I have Aphelian, bought on sale on a hunch - will try it out - thanks!

• @michaeloreilly said:

@mojozart said:

These alter MIDI input:

StepPolyArp
    Aphelian

Yes I am unfamiliar with the exact terms - I'd like to alter MIDI input in, at best, a generative fashion and at least, a random fashion. It turns out I have Aphelian, bought on sale on a hunch - will try it out - thanks!

Aphelian seems rely cool, but I have barely looked at it, just haven't had time. Step Poly Arp I would definitely vouch for, it's amazing.