Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Your favorite delay app?

Comments

• Tape echo in Mixbox is stunning. To my ears it has that ethereal analogue sound.

• I posted earlier that despite having a number of delays, I very often return to AUFX:Dub.
    Now that it is AU, I’m there even more.

• @SimonSomeone said:
    Yukawa is great for rhythmic delays, also TTAP for craziness, but often very pleasant craziness.

What @SimonSomeone said. Like others, I too love Nembrini’s Delay3000.

• edited January 2021

My new favorite toy of the week is velvet machine, with the density knob and the highly customizable "reverb envelope" you can get crazy sort of swell/reverse-ish sounds. it really stands in between delay and reverb with what it does.

I was thinking about getting the TH-U overloud effects collection, anybody has experience with their delay collection? Not exposing parameters as an AU is kind of a downside though...

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    What ya got? Was thinking about getting the fd-1

AD-Dubstation clean delay
    AD-Discord dirty gran delay
    Tape Delay Numerical Audio or Imaginando
    There are several cheap delays I use that I can't even remember the company or developers.

I find that the apps as well as pedals are limited to a realistic use index. You can only do so much with a delay. Granted, some bells and whistles can do it, but I find the inexpensive pedals and apps do almost the same thing in many ways.

I think Reverb and Delay or more marketing than function.

Yes, there are exceptions, but, the boutique pedals are f'ing crazy already for the prices and what they do.

There is no way a delay or reverb should cost $700 .... IMHO

• Can anyone answer this... does RE-1 Tape Machine’s reverse function cover off all of what YaleD does?

• I just got AU3FX DUB, and I think that’s my new favorite.

• BLEASS Delay is my favorite so far

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    What ya got? Was thinking about getting the fd-1

Great question... I love Reelbus!!! In addition to tape delay, it really can dirty up clean sounds 😍

• @klattgalvin said:
    Re-1 sounds incredible. It also eats up my iPad battery.

😆

• @jolico said:
    TB ReelBus has some great tape delays

+1

• I’m actually contemplating collecting delay pedals, just to get that analog warmth.

• Definitely RE-1. Very versatile and the best sounding tape delay I have.

• @Stuntman_mike Ogle some more hardware >

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    One that’s being left out is TapDelay. Koz is awesome, but it’s been mentioned.

TapDelay is super unique for a number of reasons:
    The number of heads/taps
    The very playable filter in the feedback path
    The fact that when you use external midi control, you can set the level for each tap’s l/r level
    It’s got amazing sound that’s really controllable via bias, saturation,hiss and wow

If TapDelay had Kosmonaut sound on sound it would be perfect.

Kosmonaut would be perfect if there was more control other than just LP/hp in the feedback path

In third place has to be Modley. A tweaker’s dream.

Honorable mention to Dedalus for pure delay insanity...

And just noticed that TapDelay is on sale for $3.99 USD... Bought it.

• @Stuntman_mike said:
    I’m actually contemplating collecting delay pedals, just to get that analog warmth.

Careful, many "analog" delay pedals are actually digital and based on the PT2399 IC. Even some relatively expensive delay pedals use this chip. It isn't the best sounding device, but lots of designs think it's OK to call themselves analog if they surround a PT2399 with a classic BBD design. It doesn't sound the same and shouldn't cost as much.

The PT2399 is fun to use though. There are some cool devices out there that use them in interesting ways.

• @NeonSilicon said:

@Stuntman_mike said:
    I’m actually contemplating collecting delay pedals, just to get that analog warmth.

Careful, many "analog" delay pedals are actually digital and based on the PT2399 IC. Even some relatively expensive delay pedals use this chip. It isn't the best sounding device, but lots of designs think it's OK to call themselves analog if they surround a PT2399 with a classic BBD design. It doesn't sound the same and shouldn't cost as much.

The PT2399 is fun to use though. There are some cool devices out there that use them in interesting ways.

Thank you for the heads up! Are there any analog delays you suggest?

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@NeonSilicon said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

Well, I kinda don't think you should use a BBD (analog) based delay. But, if they are still BBD based and you want an actually BBD pedal, the MXR Carbon Copy and the EHX Memory Man pedals are actually pretty good and they don't cost crazy amounts of money. I personally use a 20 year old Digitech DL-8 that I like better than any of the analog delays.

The Behringer Neutron has a BBD based delay in it that is pretty good and you should be able to patch into it and the CV controls for it. Comparing the price of the Neutron to some of the delay pedals available, this would pretty much get you a delay and a free synth on top for the same price.

• @NeonSilicon said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@NeonSilicon said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

Well, I kinda don't think you should use a BBD (analog) based delay. But, if they are still BBD based and you want an actually BBD pedal, the MXR Carbon Copy and the EHX Memory Man pedals are actually pretty good and they don't cost crazy amounts of money. I personally use a 20 year old Digitech DL-8 that I like better than any of the analog delays.

The Behringer Neutron has a BBD based delay in it that is pretty good and you should be able to patch into it and the CV controls for it. Comparing the price of the Neutron to some of the delay pedals available, this would pretty much get you a delay and a free synth on top for the same price.

Thank you! I’ve actually had the Neutron in my cart before... good to know! I will check those pedals out.

• Bleass delay. Just their ad is worth the money. Also BandDelay.

• I love Bleass delay and kosmonaut. But as I mentioned earlier I think my new AU3FX Dub mite be my new fav, just got it recently.

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@NeonSilicon said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

Ibanez DE-7 in "echo" mode is a killer pedal. It's digital, but I prefer it over many of the analog pedals I've tried. Read up on it and you'll find many agree it's an affordable classic.

• @Sabicas said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@NeonSilicon said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

Ibanez DE-7 in "echo" mode is a killer pedal. It's digital, but I prefer it over many of the analog pedals I've tried. Read up on it and you'll find many agree it's an affordable classic.

Oooh, thank you I will check it out!

• Bleass Delay

• edited April 2021

There are so many great delays available (including those part of larger collections, like MixBox CS):

-TB ReelBus
    -FAC Alteza
    -IMPULSation
    -Stratosphere
    -Eventide Blackhole
    -TapDelay
    -Yaled
    -RE-1
    -K7D
    -BLEASS Delay
    -Tape Pro

I use all of these, depending on the project and each has something different to offer, although I notice I’m using my FabFilter app for reverb/delay less now because that app seems to be a real memory hog.

• edited April 2021

You could also try this one if you dRambo.

https://patchstorage.com/globuled/

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@NeonSilicon said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@NeonSilicon said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

Thank you! I’ve actually had the Neutron in my cart before... good to know! I will check those pedals out.

I really like the Neutron. It's tons of fun. If Behringer ever gets the rack ears available for it, I plan on sticking it in a 19" rack and build a synth/guitar effects setup around it.

• Fabfilter Timeless, hands down.
    Occasionally I’ll use Auria Pro as a send/return from AUM only to use that gem. Can’t wait till it’s released as an AUV3

• Tfx Echo is a really really clean sounding bucket brigade delay. Dubstation sounds very dirty in comparison. When I want a simple no bells and whistles delay with pristine sound and quick to dial in, it is my first choice. Its so clean it almost sounds like a midi delay. If I want something dirty I like to use the delay in Reelbus. Nembrini Delay3000 has a distinctive sound and a lot of features. AU3FX Dub is great too. Too hard to choose between all those great delays!