Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• This is beautiful!!!!

• Like a cup of hot chocolate on a frigid day. Lovely

• Very nice!

• When I close my eyes, I'm in heaven!

When I watch you work, my head explodes! 🤣

That is truly extraordinary!

• One of your best yet, truly stunning. Does the square Midi controller offer a different way of playing not achieved by the keys?

• Love this! And thanks for showing me how to use Gauss in a useful way

• Thanks for putting this piece out in the world....
    and....thanks for reminding me about Roli Blocks. I keep forgetting that I can utilise that in my work flow.

• @Toastedghost said:
    One of your best yet, truly stunning. Does the square Midi controller offer a different way of playing not achieved by the keys?

The roli lightpad block is MPE so it can be more expressive than a keyboard for apps that have mpe. Big drawback though is it is not possible to configure it (change scales etc) on ipad have to link it to the computer utility software as roli did not make an app that configures it

• Thanks all for the kind words

• Very nice!

• edited January 2021

@RedSkyLullaby I think there is an app out there somewhere that was written for this purpose...I'll go looking and let you know what I find....🏃‍♂️.....yep, this one: https://apps.apple.com/au/app/block-dashboard/id1469611330 .... haven't tried it yet, but looks promising....I think there is a thread about it somewhere too.....

• That is lush! Thanks for posting.

• @RedSkyLullaby

Beautiful piece!

@gregsmith said:
    Love this! And thanks for showing me how to use Gauss in a useful way

Agreed! I think this is the best demonstration of Gauss we’ve seen so far.

• heshes
    edited January 2021

Beautiful music.

Regarding Gauss, does it strike anyone as odd or undesirable that after recording the first loop he has to manually go into each of the four other Gauss instances and set loop length? I see Gauss exposes Loop Length parameter to AUv3 host, but it's 0 to 1 parameter, how could you know what 0 to 1 value for loop length the first Gauss instance used to automatically set the other instances the same using midi cc?

Is there some hands-free way of doing this? I'm very new to this, but it seems to me like a better method would be to use a pedal switch set to somehow cycle through to each Gauss instance and use the pedal to manually trigger record and stop on each, not use auto-loop length at all. Is that doable?

• @hes said:
    Beautiful music.

Regarding Gauss, does it strike anyone as odd or undesirable that after recording the first loop he has to manually go into each of the four other Gauss instances and set loop length? I see Gauss exposes Loop Length parameter to AUv3 host, but it's 0 to 1 parameter, how could you know what 0 to 1 value for loop length the first Gauss instance used to automatically set the other instances the same using midi cc?

Is there some hands-free way of doing this? I'm very new to this, but it seems to me like a better method would be to use a pedal switch set to somehow cycle through to each Gauss instance and use the pedal to manually trigger record and stop on each, not use auto-loop length at all. Is that doable?

I think next time i would prob just have loops set up already, just did it that way as it was flow i was in, i may do with different loop lengths next time, prob will get some nice interactions between different lengths