Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Jamuary 2021

Hello!
I uasually have the intensions to participate in jamuary with a couple of songs but it usually ends up with only one song. I recorded this first thing in the morning today, the first day of the year. No apps this time, just ”real” instruments. I recorded into cubasis.

Comments

• edited January 2021

That’s really well done man! I like the song and and the video, especially dig your uke playing!
    I’m also giving Jamuary another whirl, but purely instrumental most likely...here’s day one:

I played the drums and recorded them using the mics on a Tascam DP008EX running into a Line6 Sonic Port and iPhone. The apps used here are NeoSoulKeys Studio2, BASSalicious2, MU Waverly, Nanostudio2, and Group The Loop. The keyboard is a custom layout on a Sensel Morph.

• @3sleeves thanks man. Your jam was awesome, I loved the drum and bass. 👍👏

• edited January 2021

I’ve done 2 so far. Gonna try and do one every day this month.

Jam 01

Jam 02

• Great stuff, everyone. Year 2 for me. Will see how far I get once holidays are over.

Day 2 below. Experimenting with spatial control with Holonist app running on an iPhone. Sending CVs over wifi to iPad, converted into midi cc for controlling synth/fx parameters.

• @fattigman Thanks man! @slicetwo @auxmux Dig your jams, nice ambient and electronic sounds abound!
    Here’s my day two, recycled my drum break, added some djembe and Korg iM1 in Group The Loop. I made the visualizer with Wizibel and did the masking and editing in LumaFusion.

The theme was inspired by a hat my brother-in-law gave me recently.

• Thanks @3sleeves Your boombap is always the best! Sweet sounding breaks in this one. Also, I dig your custom Sensel controller. I need to do more with mine.

• @auxmux Thanks man, I appreciate that! Yeah that Sensel Morph is versatile, I use one primarily as a trackpad/controller for work now and another solely as a musical device.

• @3sleeves man your beats are great. The second one is even better. Was the djembe a real one or samples? Just great 👍

• @fattigman , I loved the simple intimate feel of this. Real instruments and a great voice as well. Excellent.

• After mainly using a roland mc101 and maschine mk3 in recent weeks, Drambo draw me back into the ipad by adding
    Auv3 support. Addicted :) Hope you enjoy!

Auv3s in use:
    Brambos Troublemaker, Ripplemaker, Ruizmaker Noir
    Arturia iSEM
    Pure Acid

• @GeoTony thanks a lot, I'm glad you enjoyed it :smile:

• @fattigman Thank you, those are real drums, djembe, and percussion. The main break is the same in both songs just slower and lower in the second.
    @JoHe Nice work, love those mellow and mysterious electronic grooves!

• Inspired by @craftycurate, I played around the using Borderlands for a granular delay via the feedback loop. It's bloody fantastic.

• @slicetwo said:
    Inspired by @craftycurate, I played around the using Borderlands for a granular delay via the feedback loop. It's bloody fantastic.

How do you set a video background for you videos? I presume that’s not a built-in bit of functionality in AUM..

• edited January 2021

@Millwardesque said:

How do you set a video background for you videos? I presume that’s not a built-in bit of functionality in AUM..

I screen record the session and use Adobe Rush or the built in iPad Photos editor to tint it heavily green. Then I open iMovie, put my background video in, and insert my greened screen recording over top using IM's green screen function. Easy-peezy-lemon-squeezy.

• @slicetwo said:

@Millwardesque said:

I screen record the session and use Adobe Rush or the built in iPad Photos editor to tint it heavily green. Then I open iMovie, put my background video in, and insert my greened screen recording over top using IM's green screen function. Easy-peezy-lemon-squeezy.

That sounds pretty clever, I shall give it a whirl. Thanks for sharing!

• Starting Jamuary off with this dubby little jam. Drambo is hosting everything, I've added a project walkthrough for anyone interested in the behind-the-scenes stuff. Enjoy!

• Cheers!

@senhorlampada said:
    @drewinnit impressive, mate! :wink: :sunglasses:

• @drewinnit said:
    Cheers!

@senhorlampada said:
    @drewinnit impressive, mate! :wink: :sunglasses:

Yes, awesome work!

• edited January 2021

@drewinnit

very nice

• @fattigman I love your style....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @fattigman I love your style....

Thanks a lot @JohnnyGoodyear, that’s the whole meaning with music for me to bring a little joy in our daily lives.

• Getting some ambient vibes on the iPad

• Let me get in the Jamuary fun !

• Here i am using the Polyend Tracker to sequence Korg Module Pro, Aparillo and free running the DigiTone:

• @slicetwo @drewinnit @echoopera @Thepixelproducers all great jams
    Very inspiring to see what kind of software and hardware you are using. 👍

• Here's a second session for #jamuary using the Tracker and iPad:

• Trying to use a different synth each day. Yesterday with all sounds from KQ Dixie.