Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video: why you need 96 KHz sample rate to clearly record frequencies up to 20 KHz

13»

Comments

• edited January 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited January 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • There are all sorts of reasons, both for and against raising sample rates. It’s not cut and dried.
    The descending artifacts when the original pitch is ascending are also known as foldover frequencies and are due to signals exceeding the Nyquist ceiling and not getting sampled often enough to recreate the original waveform correctly. The answer? Raise the sample rate.

However, when I was a kid, I hated treble recorder groups, because high harmonics that were slightly out of tune created enharmonic beat frequencies that I heard as high pitched distortion. Record the individual instruments with a lower sample rate and those high harmonics are not present when mixing, so no beat frequencies and no distortion...

Horses for courses, I guess.