Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3 crashing

Cubasis 3 has been crashing A LOT on me since the recent update. Even when I’m in an empty project. Just selecting the mix screen or attempting to view the project file will make the whole app shutdown also loosing any recent work Ive done. I’m on an iPad Air 3. No other apps or audio units running. Anyone else having or had this problem recently? Any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you.

Comments

• Best thing’s probably to grab a few crash logs and send them to the developers (via me if you prefer, [email protected]).

1. Open the Settings app. Find Privacy, then Analytics, Analytics Data
    2. Look for entries with the app name, with the date/time that matches when you saw the crash. Note that any entries with “wakeups” in the name aren’t actually crashes, but another kind of log that isn’t much use for diagnosis: Ignore those ones.
    3. Select the entry, then tap the share button at the top right (a square with an upwards arrow) and email the contents.
  • Thank you Michael! I sent some crash reports from today over to your support email. There are plenty more from this last week if you need them. I appreciate you helping with this. Contact me if you need anything else.

• @Michael said:
    Best thing’s probably to grab a few crash logs and send them to the developers (via me if you prefer, [email protected]).

1. Open the Settings app. Find Privacy, then Analytics, Analytics Data
    2. Look for entries with the app name, with the date/time that matches when you saw the crash. Note that any entries with “wakeups” in the name aren’t actually crashes, but another kind of log that isn’t much use for diagnosis: Ignore those ones.
    3. Select the entry, then tap the share button at the top right (a square with an upwards arrow) and email the contents.

Wow, I never knew about the existence of these crash reports on my device!
    Just sent Steinberg a crash report of my own! :)
    And several Alpha crash reports to Bleass >:)

• Mine are always sent automatically so when I actually go to look for them they have already been sent away :)

• I think its fascinating how bad this app still is in workflow and UI.

The copy pasting mess. Still no duplicate button. Copy paste clip keeps the original clip selected.
    If you copy paste a line of text in a word processor. Does it still select the copied text After pasting? It does not.
    This is a great and simple example of how bad it is.

Duplicate or Append paste ( paste to end of last clip no matter where the locator is) function is a no brainer on a touch based UI.

I am wondering if these devs are doing user focused testing or have a clue about using their own product.

Cubasis feel like using microsoft word with only a mouse (which is stuck)

Endless menu tapping to disable the default piano on a midi track for example.

The pianoroll with its tiny buttons on the edge of the screen to move notes. ( The Edge of the screen. )

It could be an amazing app if they hired a medium level UI designer that actually understands some basic UI design.

I remember Cubase on Atari.
    Now i see what is possible regarding UI and workflow with tools like Nanostudio, Xequence

Its such a shame. It could easily be 200% better with 10% more effort.

I will check back with the next update in 2022.

Happy new year.

• @tpj said:
    I think its fascinating how bad this app still is in workflow and UI.

The copy pasting mess. Still no duplicate button. Copy paste clip keeps the original clip selected.
    If you copy paste a line of text in a word processor. Does it still select the copied text After pasting? It does not.

Duplicate or Append paste ( paste to end of last clip no matter where the locator is) function is a no brainer on a touch based UI.

I am wondering if these devs are doing user focused testing or have a clue about using their own product.

The pianoroll with its tiny buttons on the edge of the screen to move notes. ( The Edge of the screen. )

It could be an amazing app if they hired a medium level UI designer that actually understands some basic UI design.

Now i see what is possible regarding UI and workflow with tools like Nanostudio, Xequence

Happy new year.

Your points are all valid and correct, and yes, the piano roll UI in C3 is particularity terrible and basically makes me want to ram my head into a concrete wall every time I need to move or adjust lengths of notes or make any kind of edits inside a pattern.

But at the same time, I feel like you get so much in the features departemnt that other DAWs are just inferior in or don't have at all. I mean, I love Nanostudio's workflow .. but NS2 has no audio tracks at all. it has no AUv3 midi recording, and no AUv3 effects and it has no automation recording. And who knows when they'll be around, if ever, the way Blip delivers its updates. Steinberg stand behind their product and keep updating it and that gives me hope.

Happy new year!

• @god said:

@tpj said:

Happy new year.

Your points are all valid and correct, and yes, the piano roll UI in C3 is particularity terrible and basically makes me want to ram my head into a concrete wall every time I need to move or adjust lengths of notes or make any kind of edits inside a pattern.

But at the same time, I feel like you get so much in the features departemnt that other DAWs are just inferior in or don't have at all. I mean, I love Nanostudio's workflow .. but NS2 has no audio tracks at all. it has no AUv3 midi recording, and no AUv3 effects and it has no automation recording. And who knows when they'll be around, if ever, the way Blip delivers its updates. Steinberg stand behind their product and keep updating it and that gives me hope.

Happy new year!

Valid and correct? Not based on my experience.

If I copy/paste a line of text in a word processor it will paste that same text until I copy something else so I don’t get what you’re saying there.

I use append/paste all the time with CB3. If you have a clip or group of clips and want to append them to the current group just select them, copy, place the locator to the end of the group or anywhere ahead of the end of the group and then paste. The copied group will paste to the end of the original group. You can hit paste again to copy the selected group to the end of the existing group.

I don’t understand what you mean by you other points “endless tapping” and “edge of screen”.

Maybe you should watch some videos or read the manual.

• @anickt said:

@god said:

@tpj said:

Happy new year.

Happy new year!

Valid and correct? Not based on my experience.

If I copy/paste a line of text in a word processor it will paste that same text until I copy something else so I don’t get what you’re saying there.

I use append/paste all the time with CB3. If you have a clip or group of clips and want to append them to the current group just select them, copy, place the locator to the end of the group or anywhere ahead of the end of the group and then paste. The copied group will paste to the end of the original group. You can hit paste again to copy the selected group to the end of the existing group.

I don’t understand what you mean by you other points “endless tapping” and “edge of screen”.

Maybe you should watch some videos or read the manual.

Basically, what annoys me so much about piano roll is how selection works. That when selecting a new note, that selection is added to the old selection and not replacing it, so editing individual notes requires me to always de-select the old note before doing anything with the new note. Unless I do long press and group select which in turns also feels a bit off because it has slightly longer than expected fuse IMO.

And yeah, these arrows on the notes themselves are quite hard for me to hit unless I really zoom in on the grid. I don't use them because too many times I wanted to move a note and ended up growing it, or the other way around. So I must resort to these side buttons which are okay, but are small and cramped. I would have liked something like NS2 where when a note is selected, two buttons pop up, with some distance between them, one for moving note and one for changing its length, and use them instead.

• @tpj, are you working on a phone? I could see how that would be difficult.

• Hello, greeting;
    my lamer's (in the case of Cubasis) question, was copy/paste routine better on the second version?
    I've bought CB3 on the sale - not for serious use, mainly for practicing tracks. Just asking for a difference between CB2 and CB3.

• @god said:

@anickt said:

@god said:

@tpj said:

Basically, what annoys me so much about piano roll is how selection works. That when selecting a new note, that selection is added to the old selection and not replacing it, so editing individual notes requires me to always de-select the old note before doing anything with the new note. Unless I do long press and group select which in turns also feels a bit off because it has slightly longer than expected fuse IMO.

And yeah, these arrows on the notes themselves are quite hard for me to hit unless I really zoom in on the grid. I don't use them because too many times I wanted to move a note and ended up growing it, or the other way around. So I must resort to these side buttons which are okay, but are small and cramped. I would have liked something like NS2 where when a note is selected, two buttons pop up, with some distance between them, one for moving note and one for changing its length, and use them instead.

Deselecting a note to select another is just a matter of tapping on any empty space on the grid to deselect and then tapping on the note you want to select. Just 2 taps.

I found group select strange until I realized how it worked. Now that I'm used to it, it’s easy.

I don’t have any problem moving notes. Just tap and hold until it changes color the slide. Changing length is fussy, I agree. I just zoom in and/or use side buttons for that. NS2 method is better in that case.

But overall I find CB3 the best DAW for me. If people report issues to @Lars there is more likelihood they will be addressed.

• @anickt said:

@god said:

@anickt said:

@god said:

@tpj said:

Deselecting a note to select another is just a matter of tapping on any empty space on the grid to deselect and then tapping on the note you want to select. Just 2 taps.

That’s 100% more taps for every note that needs to be edited in the pattern. First world problem I know but a hassle when doing heavy pattern tweaking.

I found group select strange until I realized how it worked. Now that I'm used to it, it’s easy.

I don’t have any problem moving notes. Just tap and hold until it changes color the slide. Changing length is fussy, I agree. I just zoom in and/or use side buttons for that. NS2 method is better in that case.

But overall I find CB3 the best DAW for me. If people report issues to @Lars there is more likelihood they will be addressed.

Yeah, C3 honestly is great. And it has a lot of room to grow still. Really appreciate the work Steinberg are doing!! I know 2021 will bring much more to
    C3!

• edited January 2021

I honestly love the work flow. It only took me a few sessions and I felt right at home. The midi edit window was a little confusing at first but I picked it up after a while. My only gripe is it crashes non stop. And I’m not doing anything crazy. I’d still like to know if anyone else is having these issues. I mean ALL THE TIME! It’s hard to get anything done. It’s not even the CPU or DSP. It just shuts off and I need to open it up again usually loosing the last change I made. I really think it has something to do with this last update. Idk if I need to reinstall or what. I guess in the meantime I’ll give Auria Pro a try. @Lars

• @davidasher said:
    I honestly love the work flow. It only took me a few sessions and I felt right at home. The midi edit window was a little confusing at first but I picked it up after a while. My only gripe is it crashes non stop. And I’m not doing anything crazy. I’d still like to know if anyone else is having these issues. I mean ALL THE TIME! It’s hard to get anything done. It’s not even the CPU or DSP. It just shuts off and I need to open it up again usually loosing the last change I made. I really think it has something to do with this last update. Idk if I need to reinstall or what. I guess in the meantime I’ll give Auria Pro a try. @Lars

I don't have any crashes. I'm on a iPad Air 3 and iOS 14.3.

• My problem is, I already tried it with my korg bluetooth keyboard and it does not fail, it is the incompatibility with the yamaha p45, you can fix the bug in the mixer screen, it becomes erratic after moving the midi volume button

• @Agapito1 said:
    My problem is, I already tried it with my korg bluetooth keyboard and it does not fail, it is the incompatibility with the yamaha p45, you can fix the bug in the mixer screen, it becomes erratic after moving the midi volume button!

I think you may have posted in the wrong thread (Cubasis 3 crashing).

If you have found a bug in AudioBus, you can report it to the dev at support@audiob.us or addesss @Michael in this forum.