Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Koala Sampler-> Audiobus Issue?

I can never successfully launch Koala from Audiobus (as an instrument/sound-source). Anyone else have this issue? Not sure who to contact or if isolated situation.

Koala will load into AB if I go to the home screen and open the app separately and then go back into AB and restart/load it as an audio source.

Comments

• Better get in touch with the koala people to let them know there’s an issue

• There are several issues with Koala loading - Marek the developer has recently become aware of them.

• On my iPad on os14, AB won’t even connect to Koala.

• I'm mainly using Koala with AUM in the FX slot (to enable sampling) no issues there...

But I guess it will be fixed if enough people get in touch with him :)

• Update is out and now loads in Audiobus again. Thanks Marek!

• Hi @elf_audio . Think there is still an issue here. It loads ok but crashes after a short while. It’s fine when removed from the AB midi slot though. Had the same problem with DM1 recently. Midi slot seems to cause the issue.

• edited February 2021

@Zerozerozero said:
    Hi @elf_audio . Think there is still an issue here. It loads ok but crashes after a short while. It’s fine when removed from the AB midi slot though. Had the same problem with DM1 recently. Midi slot seems to cause the issue.

I’ve been having this exact same issue with koala in the effect slot — loads ok after doing its little dance but crashes 100% of the time after a few minutes.

I am using it with a MIDI input too as I couldn’t get MIDI to enter any other way (and need to use a MIDI filter too, ideally).

Bit unfortunate as I don’t have any other way to synch it with my drum module and MPD controller apart from IAA sync in AB.

• For me it loads ok in effect slot. But if I want it in output slot, I need to load it standalone first or it will not be available in AB outputs list.

• @Janosax said:
    For me it loads ok in effect slot. But if I want it in output slot, I need to load it standalone first or it will not be available in AB outputs list.

Yep, I’ve seen this too. It doesn’t show up to select unless you start it first.

• @wim said:

@Janosax said:
    For me it loads ok in effect slot. But if I want it in output slot, I need to load it standalone first or it will not be available in AB outputs list.

Yep, I’ve seen this too. It doesn’t show up to select unless you start it first.

Seems like there is a small collection of issues with AudioBus stability.

• @OscarSouth said:

@wim said:

@Janosax said:

For some. I haven't run into issues. (iOS 13.7, fwiw)

• @espiegel123 said:

@OscarSouth said:

@wim said:

@Janosax said:

It seems tricky to track down -- trying to collect some info to report right now. When reloading a patch (literally only Koala in FX with a MIDI input lane) I get the crash 100% of the time, however I just rebuilt the exact same patch freshly and ran it for 20 mins or so with NO CRASH! Usually goes inside 5 mins. Have just closed and reloaded that patch and will run again for a while.

I'm triggering Koala from a drum machine so also need to figure out if it crashes while the drum machine is not running.

• @OscarSouth said:

@espiegel123 said:

@OscarSouth said:

@wim said:

@Janosax said:

It seems tricky to track down -- trying to collect some info to report right now. When reloading a patch (literally only Koala in FX with a MIDI input lane) I get the crash 100% of the time, however I just rebuilt the exact same patch freshly and ran it for 20 mins or so with NO CRASH! Usually goes inside 5 mins. Have just closed and reloaded that patch and will run again for a while.

I'm triggering Koala from a drum machine so also need to figure out if it crashes while the drum machine is not running.

What OS and sample rate?

• @espiegel123 said:

@OscarSouth said:

@espiegel123 said:

@OscarSouth said:

@wim said:

@Janosax said:

What OS and sample rate?

Latest as of right now. 48000 rate, 256 buffer. Was previously running at 96000/256 buffer but changed that in case it was the cause, however I've had crashes since.