Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

launchpad mk2 and ipad

thanks to a kind relative, i now have a launchpad mk2
but a working connection with my ipad is proving elusive ...

launchpad connects to a powered hub, 
 powered hub connects to the camera connection kit, 
 camera connection kit connects to the ipad

the launchpad lights up like disco

i have the app Grid Instrument
(and, back in time, used this app to successfully integrate the launchpad into the world of ios)
but now no joy ...

under the Grid Instrument settings, the Launchpad integration, shows only this under Device,
the launchpad continues to flash like a disco

i tried selecting 'Network' but this did not work

back when this Launchpad belonged to the relative, i used Grid Instrument to connect their ipad successfully, so am puzzling what i am now missing?

i have searched for mk2 manuals, in case the light show the Launchpad is providing is some kind of 'demo mode' that needs to be switched? but can find no answers

any advice or ideas appreciated :)

Comments

• Does the Launchpad show up on other apps? Or in hosts like Audiobus or AUM?

• no it doesn't show up

it seems the launchpad is getting power from the ipad (enough for the light show)
    but it is not being recognised as being there

• @simonnowis said:
    no it doesn't show up

it seems the launchpad is getting power from the ipad (enough for the light show)
    but it is not being recognised as being there

Can you connect other devices to the hub and recognize them? That would confirm that the hub is working.

You said it was a powered hub, and now the launchpad is getting power from the iPad. Which is it? If the hub is not powered, the launchpad may not be getting enough current.

How does it work if you connect the launchpad directly to the CCK? You may need to also connect power to the CCK, if the iPad complains about "too much power". (This assumes you have the newer "USB 3 Camera Adapter".)

• @simonnowis said:
    thanks to a kind relative, i now have a launchpad mk2
    but a working connection with my ipad is proving elusive ...

launchpad connects to a powered hub, 
     powered hub connects to the camera connection kit, 
     camera connection kit connects to the ipad

the launchpad lights up like disco

i have the app Grid Instrument
    (and, back in time, used this app to successfully integrate the launchpad into the world of ios)
    but now no joy ...

under the Grid Instrument settings, the Launchpad integration, shows only this under Device,
    the launchpad continues to flash like a disco

i tried selecting 'Network' but this did not work

back when this Launchpad belonged to the relative, i used Grid Instrument to connect their ipad successfully, so am puzzling what i am now missing?

i have searched for mk2 manuals, in case the light show the Launchpad is providing is some kind of 'demo mode' that needs to be switched? but can find no answers

any advice or ideas appreciated :)

On the Launchpad X, your need to make sure and plug the cable in with the correct side up--otherwise the lights never stop flashing. Even though the plug is physically symmetrical, it only works in one orientation.

• thanks everyone, i now have success :)

it was the 'powered' hub -- i was using the same technique to overcome the 'not enough power' message that i use to (very occasionally) connect my external keyboard -- a 4 bar usb extn

switched the 4 bar extn from the one on the keyboard with the one on the launchpad, and success!

both devices are now happy and connectable

thanks for the help and advice :)