Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2021 rumors?

Any new apps, updates etc??

I know we have Atom update coming,,,, any thing else? another @Hainbach app? sugarbytes makes another gamechanger drum synth? @Gavinski becomes a dev?? whats happening in 2021?

Comments

• @shinyisshiny said:

I know we have Atom update coming,,,, any thing else? another @Hainbach app? sugarbytes makes another gamechanger drum synth? @Gavinski becomes a dev?? whats happening in 2021?

New Bleass granulator in January. Audio Damage is working on something new. The Audio Modeling Swam instruments will be released 2021. Music IO (usb audio to from ios+desktop) should see some new developments this year too. Drambo is gonna get a clip mode and enhanced sequencer functions (piano roll, variable sequence lengths etc)

• My big hope - more powerful iPad Pro 12.9” with M1 CPU and 8GB RAM!

And, if Apple listen to their fanbase, an MacTouch, a 15,6” handheld Mac with touchscreen, running MacOS Big Sur 11.3, with 16GB-RAM... I empty my wallet for that kind of product!

2500$ ?

• edited December 2020

@aleyas said:

@shinyisshiny said:

New Bleass granulator in January. Audio Damage is working on something new. The Audio Modeling Swam instruments will be released 2021. Music IO (usb audio to from ios+desktop) should see some new developments this year too. Drambo is gonna get a clip mode and enhanced sequencer functions (piano roll, variable sequence lengths etc)

I keep hearing SWAM recently in reference to audio modelling and Geoshred. I’ve never bought Geoshred as it’s user interface looks so terribly designed in the screenshots. Is this the only app that will have these SWAM instruments?

I’m thinking I might pick it up now when it’s on sale. Or will Geoshred Play do?

Sorry I’m sure this has been answered before

Edit: just bothered opening up geoshred play and having a play. I can see why people like it, it’s pretty cool and probably the best emulation of real instruments on iOS right. Not sure it’s for me though. And that interface design is really amateurish.

• Read Pagefell is working on a visual looper.

• I'm looking forward to hardware support in Atom 2 and LK.

• @cem_olcay is working on a new Synth

• Lunar Lander (reverb and delay) by Pulse Modular is supposed to show up at some point

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Read Pagefell is working on a visual looper.

What is a visual looper? I’ve been sitting here rolling my eyes side to side trying to work it out.

• Im waiting for a real auv3 looper ... ( pray for loopy pro :'( )

• edited December 2020

Yes, please a very, very good AUv3 looper. Quantiloop 3.0? The possibility to record first loop in ENSO looper and then sets the tempo of this first loop to AUM global tempo. Ableton Link 3 for all looper apps.

Sending out MIDI parameter from AUM to MIDI controllers. A real MIDI patchbay in AUM.

MIDI 2.0.

Better preamp and channelstrip apps.

Hardware revisions of the FIreface UCX: USB-C buspowered, better FX and preamps, small display of meters.

A smaller version of Electra One MIDI controller: 1 section display, 1 section of 8 (better 10) knobs, way smaller footprint, lightweight, better display (OLED?), more presets/pages, inbuilt Bluetooth MIDI, MIDI editor works on iPad/iPhone too, USB-C port for power and MIDI, MIDI 2.0, adjustable display brightness.

Morningstar MC8 Pro MIDI foot controller with good display, +100 MIDI commands per press, MIDI editor works on iPad/iPhone too, USB-C port for power and MIDI, MIDI 2.0, adjustable display brightness, customizable color and font size per button.

Smaller powerbanks with same capacity.

• edited December 2020

@gregsmith said:

I’m thinking I might pick it up now when it’s on sale. Or will Geoshred Play do?

GS Play is the light version, lacking many settings, AUv3 support (i think?) and midi out. Depending on the sale it might be cheaper to buy GeoSHRED Play and then unlock Pro via IAP.

MIDI 2.0

Yes please!

• @dobbs said:
    @gregsmith said:

GS Play is the light version, lacking many settings, AUv3 support (i think?) and midi out. Depending on the sale it might be cheaper to buy GeoSHRED Play and then unlock Pro via IAP.

MIDI 2.0

Yes please!

Thanks for this. It’s the same price by the looks of it as iap and just the pro app.

I have a lot of questions that I’m sure have already been answered so will leave this thread and do some reading ☺️

• @Better_w_headphone said:
    Im waiting for a real auv3 looper ... ( pray for loopy pro :'( )

Call me when someone clones the Echoplex Digital Pro as an AUv3.

• Agonizer coming to iPhone at some point last I heard (no specific date given).

My hopes for 2021:
    1. Drum synth from @ka010
    2. Groovebox from @brambos
    3. Something new and big from @jimpavloff
    4. Continua on iPhone even though it has been explicitly stated that this will never happen.

• New covid strain? Sorry, bad taste joke

• Over the past couple years when I would whine about a sweet multitrack audio workstation thingy (sure a ‘daw’ I guess but with a focus on audio) with sweet non destructive audio editing, some people who seemed to be in the know said something amazing is coming but it won’t be for some time yet... so... eh, who knows?

• One well loved dev, who shall remain nameless, as I'm not sure if he has mentioned anything publically yet, will be bringing out something extremely different. 'Weirdest app ever' I think he said, or something along those lines. 👀

• Weirdest ever will face some competition, cause there’s no shortage already, but you spiked my curiosity

• edited December 2020

I’m hoping for tight hardware integration in Drambo. I’m getting real lust for the Digitakt-Digitone power couple. Drambo can serve the same role for me, it’s all about the hardware immediacy. I’ve got a Beatstep Pro coming tomorrow, first step will be getting MIDI mapping on Drambo’s sequencer buttons, then hopefully LED feedback at some point.

• Crazy semi-modular drummachine/groovebox inspired by pulsar23 and prok drums
    Fun and streamlined granular fx like output portal
    Spectral fx like spectral resonator/time in ableton 11

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    My big hope - more powerful iPad Pro 12.9” with M1 CPU and 8GB RAM!

And, if Apple listen to their fanbase, an MacTouch, a 15,6” handheld Mac with touchscreen, running MacOS Big Sur 11.3, with 16GB-RAM... I empty my wallet for that kind of product!

2500$ ?

Yes yes yes. I am giving Apple a last chance in the first half of 2021 to introduce a better ipad pro with Logic (variant). If not, will go with an Apple Silicon Mac. I would really love to have Logic on a touch screen. Mixing on the couch is what i want. 🙂
    Ipad is fantastic for getting ideas down, but so much extra work to finish songs. The things i miss in Garageband: convert drummer regions to MIDI to fine tune performance and track stacks to insert effects on certain drum elements only, then group them to use a compressor on the whole kit. Crossfades on audio regions, flex time and flex pitch, better midi editing in piano roll etc. All this in one project, saved. It’s a workflow killer on the ipad to use different apps, getting in and out, rendering, workarounds etc. Ipad is so fantastic though for many things Macs can’t do. Maybe Apple will succeed to sell me more products. Need an ipad, AND a Mac. 😂

• @Jimmy said:

@ErrkaPetti said:
    My big hope - more powerful iPad Pro 12.9” with M1 CPU and 8GB RAM!

2500$ ?

Yes yes yes. I am giving Apple a last chance in the first half of 2021 to introduce a better ipad pro with Logic (variant). If not, will go with an Apple Silicon Mac. I would really love to have Logic on a touch screen. Mixing on the couch is what i want. 🙂
    Ipad is fantastic for getting ideas down, but so much extra work to finish songs. The things i miss in Garageband: convert drummer regions to MIDI to fine tune performance and track stacks to insert effects on certain drum elements only, then group them to use a compressor on the whole kit. Crossfades on audio regions, flex time and flex pitch, better midi editing in piano roll etc. All this in one project, saved. It’s a workflow killer on the ipad to use different apps, getting in and out, rendering, workarounds etc. Ipad is so fantastic though for many things Macs can’t do. Maybe Apple will succeed to sell me more products. Need an ipad, AND a Mac. 😂

Yeah, it has been dream for many years now - a 15 or 16” Macbook Touch, designed like an iPad, BUT, with more ports and analog audio out!

If they only make this device big enough, it won’t cannibalize on the iPad sales figures...

Apple, listen to us!!

• AudioKit has some code ready and will make their older apps (FM Player, D1 Synth, and perhaps Synth One as well) finally usable as AUv3.

• edited December 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @israelite said:
    AudioKit has some code ready and will make their older apps (FM Player, D1 Synth, and perhaps Synth One as well) finally usable as AUv3.

That’s good news 👍

• @Gavinski said:
    One well loved dev, who shall remain nameless, as I'm not sure if he has mentioned anything publically yet, will be bringing out something extremely different. 'Weirdest app ever' I think he said, or something along those lines. 👀

@Gavinski , I think you could well be in the nominations for this years ‘Biggest Teaser’ award.
    I sometimes wonder what you are wearing indoors after midnight 😻

• As I see it 2021 will be the year AUv3 really takes off (new hosts, synths, effects etc.) and WWDC'21 will be something I look forward to with iOS15/iPadOS15 and it will also likely be the year when Apple drops support for the iPad Air 2.
    (I'll keep a cool head at least until the next rumored batch of iPads drop in March).

Considering Apple will drop Music Memos it's a quite safe bet that GarageBand will get a major update with functions left over from it since 'Voice Memos' is not a good substitute as it has no key/tempo detection etc.

One thing I do know is that I'll be spending a lot less cash on apps and do better research before deciding what to get and if I really need it or not. Sorry no-more unconditional 'buy to show support' from me. app-o-holism went way overboard this year.

Cheers!

• @gregsmith , the new SWAM Brass will be standalone.

• @lazyass said:
    Crazy semi-modular drummachine/groovebox inspired by pulsar23 and prok drums
    Fun and streamlined granular fx like output portal
    Spectral fx like spectral resonator/time in ableton 11

If anyone achieves iOS pulsar23 (for phone also!) or anything approaching, it would be quite the thing. 🙏🏻
    More high end processing also please (MDE shows there is a market).

• Waiting for Sunvox midi out in AU.