Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Can't connect 32-pin/8-pin gear to new [USB-C] iPad Air?

I've always used an Alesis iODock for my interface and it plugs straight into the iPad. The Mrs. was very very nice and bought me a brand new iPad Air, BUT, the iODock has a built in 32-pin and a lightning/8-pin connector.

How can I connect a Male Lightning (or 32-pin) connector into a USB-C iPad? I've been looking but can't come up with anything solid.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• Afraid it may be time to shop for new gear. Tech marches on.... Sorry.

• Unfortunately, esp. at that price, that’s probably only good for charging.

@uncledave said:
    Afraid it may be time to shop for new gear. Tech marches on.... Sorry.

That’s a rather silly, if not wasteful, way to look at gear. I can control DIN MIDI from the 80s if not CV from the 70s. Apple changed its port standard maybe 1yr ago? You’re telling me to chuck a device that I’ll need to spend at least, I dunno, $150-200 to replace. Imma keep looking because the tech in this case hasn’t marched on at all.

• Not just probably... description (under type) charge only ;)

• @Telefunky said:
    Not just probably... description (under type) charge only ;)

Wow did not know that was a thing

• @boberto said:

Unfortunately, esp. at that price, that’s probably only good for charging.

@uncledave said:
    Afraid it may be time to shop for new gear. Tech marches on.... Sorry.

That’s a rather silly, if not wasteful, way to look at gear. I can control DIN MIDI from the 80s if not CV from the 70s. Apple changed its port standard maybe 1yr ago? You’re telling me to chuck a device that I’ll need to spend at least, I dunno, $150-200 to replace. Imma keep looking because the tech in this case hasn’t marched on at all.

Yeah but even if you can find some kind of 32 pin to usb c adapter you still have to check and make sure that interface will still work with your iPad, is it usb compliant? I don’t know if it is personally but definitely check before you jump thru too many hoops searching for an adapter.
    I have a 2020 IPad Pro with a usb C port and found out I couldn’t use my Apogee Duet for IPad with it. It works with my IPad Air but apparently the IPad Pro with USB C doesn’t support it anymore, I ended up having to buy a new interface, the SSL 2+. I like the way the Apogee sounds better but I had to move on🤷🏽‍♂️

• @Strizbiz said:
    Yeah but even if you can find some kind of 32 pin to usb c adapter you still have to check and make sure that interface will still work with your iPad, is it usb compliant? I don’t know if it is personally but definitely check before you jump thru too many hoops searching for an adapter.
    I have a 2020 IPad Pro with a usb C port and found out I couldn’t use my Apogee Duet for IPad with it. It works with my IPad Air but apparently the IPad Pro with USB C doesn’t support it anymore, I ended up having to buy a new interface, the SSL 2+. I like the way the Apogee sounds better but I had to move on🤷🏽‍♂️

Yeah. See forthcoming Audio-Interface suggestion request thread. The funny thing here is this: Who ever I thought I'd be here wenging about Apple actually adopting an industry-wide standard!

• Lol, yeah I started this thread when I was in search of an audio interface for my iPad Pro, maybe you’ll find it to be of some use

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/40781/what-audio-interface-are-2020-ipad-pro-users-using#latest

• @Strizbiz said:
    Lol, yeah I started this thread when I was in search of an audio interface for my iPad Pro, maybe you’ll find it to be of some use
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/40781/what-audio-interface-are-2020-ipad-pro-users-using

Already found - thanks!

@ralis said:
    I found this
    https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/cbl-30-pin-to-micro-usb-cable/

It is used for their gear but maybe?

Well YES....but no. That is a male-to-male connector. For my specific use case where the device is a prebuild dock with a male-connection, I need a 32[or 8]-pin female to ______.