Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Radio Unit by BeepStreet

Comments

• 2 Radio Stations that play ONLY PUBLIC DOMAIN MUSIC. So do what you will with anything off these 2 stations. One is Classical and the other is Jazz.

Direct Links

Classical
    http://relay.publicdomainradio.org/classical.mp3.m3u

Jazz
    http://relay.publicdomainradio.org/jazz_swing.mp3.m3u

Link where I found both.
    http://radio.publicdomainproject.org/

• Maybe someone could do an AB Wiki, listing some of the best internet radio direct streaming links. Just a thought...

• edited December 2020

Immensely high fun to price ratio. Please, more user slots, could do with a lot 🙏🏻

• I was wondering if I could use streams off of broadcastify.com, but I’m not sure since they aren’t technically radio stations. I was having trouble finding the direct stream link, But if anyone can get this to work let me know. Thanks.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    2 Radio Stations that play ONLY PUBLIC DOMAIN MUSIC. So do what you will with anything off these 2 stations. One is Classical and the other is Jazz.

Direct Links

Classical
    http://relay.publicdomainradio.org/classical.mp3.m3u

Jazz
    http://relay.publicdomainradio.org/jazz_swing.mp3.m3u

Link where I found both.
    http://radio.publicdomainproject.org/

Good ones, thanks.

• wimwim
    edited December 2020

@Poppadocrock said:
    Maybe someone could do an AB Wiki, listing some of the best internet radio direct streaming links. Just a thought...

yep. You could. ;)

• @wim said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Maybe someone could do an AB Wiki, listing some of the best internet radio direct streaming links. Just a thought...

yep. You could. ;)

Lol. I’d have to look into how. Is it fairly easy?

• @uncledave said:

@Toastedghost said:
    Brill app. How do I load this Radio AU inside of Drambo please?

In stand-alone Drambo, add a Generator –> Audio Unit Instrument, then select it from the [+] menu in that module.

And then put a Sampler or Flexi-Sampler after it, and record away!

• @Michael_R_Grant said:

@uncledave said:

@Toastedghost said:
    Brill app. How do I load this Radio AU inside of Drambo please?

In stand-alone Drambo, add a Generator –> Audio Unit Instrument, then select it from the [+] menu in that module.

And then put a Sampler or Flexi-Sampler after it, and record away!

Very easy to make great Radio Unit AUv3 recordings in Drambo!

Beatmaker 3 and the sampler there is awesome, but, in Drambo I feel that I can do so much more just now...
    Drambo takes a lot of hours to learn, but, all invested time may reward you afterwards!

Drambo is coding in worldclass - and, when we soon have a taperecorder a la OP-1, then we will go nuts!

• Brill app. How do I load this Radio AU inside of Drambo please?> @wim said:

@Poppadocrock said:

yep. You could. ;)

Great idea guys. Who on IOS can we do this? On a Mac or a PC it is possible to right or left click which will always bring up other option to my knowledge this cannot be achieved on an ipad. What special magic can you reveal please?

• @giku_beepstreet I wonder if it's possible to add a simple text-file import / export with radio URLs?
    (Maybe It could be a text-file on iCloud Drive as this would make syncing presets across multiple devices a bit smoother).

This could eventually lead to user sharing 'station lists' :)

Cheers!

• @Samu said:
    @giku_beepstreet I wonder if it's possible to add a simple text-file import / export with radio URLs?
    (Maybe It could be a text-file on iCloud Drive as this would make syncing presets across multiple devices a bit smoother).

Cheers!

Sounds like a brilliant idea

• @Liquidmantis said:
    @giku_beepstreet this is awesome! ...now come the feature requests... it would be great to have folders for organization and import/export functionality, preferably in an open JSON or XML format.

I’ll talk to Santa.

@Toastedghost said:

@Samu said:
    @giku_beepstreet I wonder if it's possible to add a simple text-file import / export with radio URLs?

Cheers!

Sounds like a brilliant idea

Thanks! :lol:

• @Poppadocrock said:
    I was wondering if I could use streams off of broadcastify.com, but I’m not sure since they aren’t technically radio stations. I was having trouble finding the direct stream link, But if anyone can get this to work let me know. Thanks.

Just select iTunes from the format pulldown menu. Then when you tap play, the broadcast will open in a new tab [ipad, safari]. Copy the url and past it as is into Radio AU. It will play a short ad, but so far no other ads unless I restart the stream.

• Is it good to use midi. Did someone say theres no parameters in aum?

• This is amazing! Really like to add something to my music. Flight control is an awesome addition.
    Don’t know if this will get an update but I would love some better station management- maybe more than 30 user stations?

• How did you get the MyNoise radio streams in presets?! I have wanted MyNoise now as an audio input for years ( trust me, the 9.99 IAP for all the sounds us worth it even as the standalone soundmaker!) and use another device to stream the sounds into my iPad.... But you have direct links in the preset list to the ocean sounds.

Number Stations streaming anyone?

Awesome app.... Filled all the slots already! Needs a mute button though.

Great links everyone!

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Just found 22,943 internet radio stations, from InternetRadio.com every station listed has the .pls and .m3u direct streaming url, which is what you need. Just look under each stations Play Button! Woohoo.

https://www.internet-radio.com/

Most helpful link in here for me!

• @Poppadocrock said:

@wim said:

@Poppadocrock said:

yep. You could. ;)

Lol. I’d have to look into how. Is it fairly easy?

Yes. B)

• @Toastedghost said:
    Brill app. How do I load this Radio AU inside of Drambo please?> @wim said:

@Poppadocrock said:

yep. You could. ;)

Great idea guys. Who on IOS can we do this? On a Mac or a PC it is possible to right or left click which will always bring up other option to my knowledge this cannot be achieved on an ipad. What special magic can you reveal please?

Sorry, I'm not sure what you're asking how to do.

• @Toastedghost said:

@Poppadocrock said:

yep. You could. ;)

Are you asking about Drambo? Radio Unit is an AUv3 app. That means it requires an Audio Unit host app. AudioBus and AUM are typical host apps. The Drambo synth builder/groovebox app is another. Once you open the host, you use its menu system to load Radio Unit.

Or are you asking how to create a Wiki on this AudioBus forum? The items you quoted were about a Wiki.

• @uncledave said:

@Toastedghost said:

@Poppadocrock said:

yep. You could. ;)

Are you asking about Drambo? Radio Unit is an AUv3 app. That means it requires an Audio Unit host app. AudioBus and AUM are typical host apps. The Drambo synth builder/groovebox app is another. Once you open the host, you use its menu system to load Radio Unit.

Or are you asking how to create a Wiki on this AudioBus forum? The items you quoted were about a Wiki.

Worked out that audio units in Drambo only work in Standalone. I myself was also asking how to expose radio stream urls on the ipad.
    Cheers

• @Toastedghost said:

@uncledave said:

@Toastedghost said:

@Poppadocrock said:

yep. You could. ;)

Worked out that audio units in Drambo only work in Standalone. I myself was also asking how to expose radio stream urls on the ipad.
    Cheers

Yeah, AUs can't host AUs, so you can't build a reality that's Drambos all the way down.

• Thanx Max. Just getting back to the this thread now! Interesting thoughts on this topic. Love this thread. Thanks so much for your input. Cheers, ED

@Max23 said:

@ElektrikDiva said:
    Is it legal to use sampled radio interviews fodder & music in our own songs ? If we mangle this with FX and mask & disguise what it was originally is that legal to use? I know this is a newish gray legal area of the law but I would love to know. Any lawyers out there? I would happily credit the convos and songs but I don’t know who they are especially in different languages. How do we music makers get around this problem of potential international copyright infringement rights & laws (especially if we want to distribute/publish & publically release our songs? Just want to do this right legally. Thanks all & Merry Christmas everyone! Cheers, ED

• @Max23 said:

@Max23 said:

@ElektrikDiva said:
    Is it legal to use sampled radio interviews fodder & music in our own songs ? If we mangle this with FX and mask & disguise what it was originally is that legal to use? I know this is a newish gray legal area of the law but I would love to know. Any lawyers out there? I would happily credit the convos and songs but I don’t know who they are especially in different languages. How do we music makers get around this problem of potential international copyright infringement rights & laws (especially if we want to distribute/publish & publically release our songs? Just want to do this right legally. Thanks all & Merry Christmas everyone! Cheers, ED

It’s pretty simple,
    If u mangle something up beyond recognition
    You can use it as you want to because nobody is able to tell what it was ;)
    Copyright law is different all around the world
    Where I life it becomes your own creation ...

If you cant tell that’s a part of that you can do what u want, because nobody can sue you because it’s not recognizeable in the first place ;)

If you don’t earn a shit load of $ with that sample no one in the world is interested in that and you can do whatever you please ;)

Why sue you for using my sample if there is no money in it for me ? ;)

So you can sample the hell out of NASA as it’s all payed by tax dollars. Everything they publish is public domain. ;)

Nice!!

• @bleep said:
    Are there any radio stations with focus on book reading/audiobook streaming?

I’d like to sample some longer fragments of a soothing voice. Bonus point if it is science related. Extra bonus if it is in German, Russian or Japanese.

Yes, please! Same here, I would love that! Cheers, ED

• @Max23 said:
    I don’t use the radio to sample straight out of it
    I use it more as „random oscillator“ ...

Sure you can grab samples with the sampler.

Any clips of yours that you feel like sharing as an example of the random oscillator use Max? I’d love to hear what you do with this APP using that method. Cheers, ED

• @CIT_Audio said:

Hey @Jumpercollins thanks for picking up that Tweet!

I still hope to support Streemur going forward.

I still curate the stations playable on the pads to make sure they are still online whenever possible. I also try to keep them mostly talk radio oriented.

It's also perhaps not very noticeable, but I try to display the language heard on the station on screen as well...

Anyway, thanks to all who did pick it up over the last couple of years! Maybe there's still a place in the toolkit for it :)

I bought it and I love it! Pleased to see it is still supported. Thank you for this APP and for your ongoing support. It’s a lot of fun! Cheers, ED

• @wim said:
    Hi @CIT_Audio - thanks for Streemur. I've had and will continue to have so many hours of enjoyment out of it. I have noticed and do appreciate the language notations as well as the curated station list. It's great to meet the developer of an app that I've gotten so much use and enjoyment out of.

+1