Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 !

Comments

• @ksound said:

@caspergomez said:
    Gadget is basically done. It’s a matter of living with its current state and losing all future expectations.

Show us on the doll where Korg Gadget touched you...

HAHAHA! Funniest thing I’ve seen today.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @kinkujin said:

@ksound said:

@caspergomez said:
    Gadget is basically done. It’s a matter of living with its current state and losing all future expectations.

Damn. You must not see much.

• @BCKeys said:
    I do have a question about Gadget : how can I save my user kits in London, for example ? Is there a system to save them on iCloud maybe ?

Just modify the kit and tap on the Drum Kit name, then Save As...

• You can export the preset by clicking the export button. If I'm not mistaken the preset will be saved in Gadget's folder which you can then access via the files app and back it up manually.

• You’re welcome :)

• @caspergomez said:

@kinkujin said:

@ksound said:

@caspergomez said:

Damn. You must not see much.

True, you nailed it.

• Hmm if you don’t see much then why would you feel I nailed it?

• Started using this again for the holiday break and id forgotten how great this is for building tracks. No interruptions no connections to fiddle with just pure music productivity.

• @I_sip_cupps said:
    Started using this again for the holiday break and id forgotten how great this is for building tracks. No interruptions no connections to fiddle with just pure music productivity.

Absolutely. Easiest thing to take for granted in the iOS world :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@I_sip_cupps said:
    Started using this again for the holiday break and id forgotten how great this is for building tracks. No interruptions no connections to fiddle with just pure music productivity.

Absolutely. Easiest thing to take for granted in the iOS world :)

And the sounds are top notch. I always overlook gadget.

• i just got a new iphone 12 pro max and restored all purchases, also opened the stand alone of KEW, but for some reason warszawa isn’t making any sound in gadget, it loads but shows no waveform... has anyone had this issue?
    i am on ios 14.3 which i suspect is the problem

• R_2R_2
    edited December 2020

@reasOne Warszawa works normally on my iPad and iPhone (both 14.3).
    Did you try ‘Restore Purchased Gadgets’ within Gadget itself?
    If that doesn’t work you could go to general settings > Gadget 2 > Utility > Remove Warszawa.
    Then restore purchased Gadgets again.

• @R_2 said:
    @reasOne Warszawa works normally on my iPad and iPhone (both 14.3).
    Did you try ‘Restore Purchased Gadgets’ within Gadget itself?
    If that doesn’t work you could go to general settings > Gadget 2 > Utility > Remove Warszawa.
    Then restore purchased Gadgets again.

thank ya! removing warszawa and reinstall did the trick 🤓

• @R_2 said:

Let's hope Korg brings some new ones to catch since I've already got them all ;)

• @Samu Even the notorious DeeMax and Otorii ?! ;)

• @R_2 said:
    @Samu Even the notorious DeeMax and Otorii ?! ;)

Yepp!
    I've even got all the IAPs for all the supporting apps apart from a few Module IAPs :)
    The only Korg app I do not have is the Gorillaz edition of iElectribe...

Cheers!

• Yea It looks like Japan is treating gadget like peokemon. Thats fun and I think the only online jams is with this one Japanese guy ;lopop' I think is his name. The online jams are on the freaking Nintendo, which still wigs me out. Also, the normal keyboard for computers works on it and I wonder why this is isn't on the iOS version. Also, any idea what the option arcade controller is ? It seems like it turns the controller into a button masher for drums and stuff which is cool. Hails

• @Samu said:

@R_2 said:

Let's hope Korg brings some new ones to catch since I've already got them all ;)

What do you think we will see next?

• edited January 2021

@DaveMagoo said:

@Samu said:

@R_2 said:

What do you think we will see next?

Hopefully a time-line with clip launching as well as inter-gadget-audio-routing (ie. route any Gadget to the Audio Gadgets) and proper audio-tracks together with improved editing for notes & automation and audio.

Inter Gadget audio-routing is already partially present in the MS-20 Gadget as it allows us to choose any other track as the input for modulation so why not extend it and allow the audio-gadgets to use any other Gadget track as the source?

If 'clip-launching' becomes a reality the clips could be used to quickly re-sample any audio produced by the Gadgets and use them in Bilbao and Vancouver etc.

Most likely we'll see iTriton during 2021 and it could be the 3rd AUv3 'App' from Korg. (Tri as in Three).

As for generic AUv3 support I think we'll see the 'support apps' (iM1, iWaveStation, iMS-20, iPolySix and Odyssei) gain AUv3 support and if we're lucky the Gadgets will also become AUv3's.

I don't see Korg adding AUv3 'hosting' to Gadget. That would just create a bag of hurt for the tech-support.

If and when @ioue sees this I hope we'll get some feedback regarding the future of Gadget :)

Cheers!

• @oceansinspace said:
    Yea It looks like Japan is treating gadget like peokemon. Thats fun and I think the only online jams is with this one Japanese guy ;lopop' I think is his name. The online jams are on the freaking Nintendo, which still wigs me out. Also, the normal keyboard for computers works on it and I wonder why this is isn't on the iOS version. Also, any idea what the option arcade controller is ? It seems like it turns the controller into a button masher for drums and stuff which is cool. Hails

Had a play on the Nintendo version, it’s also got a fun “auto arrange” feature that would be nice on the iOS version - not that I’m lazy 😁

• R_2R_2
    edited January 2021

Gadget always active in background has been annoying me for awhile now. Even with background audio switched off (how can an app have background audio active when that’s switched off...?)
    Have to remember to force quit every time. Forgot again last night and lost 20% while my iPad’s basically did ‘nothing’ :s

• I am curious how KORG will resolve the issue of MacOS vs. iOS versions. Theoretically all iOS apps should also run now on the new Apple SOCs that will run the new Mac Computers. I already have Gadget for (intel) Mac as well as iOS and they are absolutely identical despite some minor interface details.

I have all the KORG softsynths for iOS but on Mac there is also the 'legacy collection', which is pretty much the same lineup as on iOS and having Gadget on the Mac makes it unnecessary to extra purchase the legacy collection since the soundengines are identical in all versions, of M1, MonoPoly, MS-20 et al. Gadgets Monpellier will create the same output as the MonoPoly from the legacy collection. It even has the same presets.

Actually it feels a bit messy and I would think KORG could save bigtime on just making and supporting only one version of their softsynths and only one version of Gadget across at least the whole Apple ecosystem. The biggest issue may be the pricing policy across all platforms.

My wishlist would also be intergadget audio, ~a real sample option, but I could also imagine an opsix or wavestate vst/AUv3 and generally some 'upgradet' Gadgets. There is much room in Fairbanks, and I would like to see some MIDI improvements. I.e. trigger chord pads in Lisbon, and acepting program change messages. Triton Gadget would also be cool :smiley: I am not missing so many DAW editing features since I love Gadget exactly for its simplicity.

• wimwim
    edited January 2021

@Doc_T said:
    I am curious how KORG will resolve the issue of MacOS vs. iOS versions. Theoretically all iOS apps should also run now on the new Apple SOCs that will run the new Mac Computers. I already have Gadget for (intel) Mac as well as iOS and they are absolutely identical despite some minor interface details.

The big difference is all the Gadgets in the MacOS version can be used as Audio Units in other hosts. That would not be the case for the iOS version on the M1 Macs. Also, developers can choose whether or not to make the app available in the Mac App Store. I don't think they've chosen to do that.

There's currently a way to copy the .ipa files over to the Mac to bypass the App Store, but I suspect Apple might close that loophole at some point.

But yes, it may become an interesting conundrum for developers with higher priced desktop versions as more people pick up M1 Macs.

• The auto arrange and multiplayer features on Gadget for Switch are incredible. They transform the experience by inviting others of any musical skill level to jam with you, (local or online) and presents your stream of consciousness as a structured coherent song by the end of the session. Powerfully rewarding, verging on magical.

Despite the lack of comparable depth and control - Korg Gadget for Switch feels as much fun to create with, as any of the fully featured versions.

The closest analog to this ‘fun with friends’ experience on iOS is Endlesss. Which is superb for its own unique reasons.

• R_2R_2
    edited January 2021

Bug in Gadget 4.6.6 when using Milpitas.
    Example:
    - Load up a new Milpitas
    - Browse to KLC card and select preset 3 ‘Dist Cyber Bass’.
    No sound is heard until the FX are changed.
    It seems some FX are not ‘loaded in’ probably.
    Doesn’t occur in standalone iWavestation.

Can someone confirm before I send a report?