Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MixBox presets (mixes from Syntronik): get 410 presets here

edited December 2020 in Support and Feedback

The attached Zip file contains 410 MixBox presets modeled from (and named after) presets from IK Multimedia's Syntronik product.
When you 'Share' -> 'Copy to MixBox', these will be materialized into 4 directories under the category User: Syntronik A-D, Syntronik E-L, Syntronik M-R, and Syntronik S-Z.

Please do note:

• while I tried to copy the Syntronik settings, there are differences in the plugins in both knob settings and locations to MixBox and you may discover issues or oversights
  • I have tried to roughly maintain the level on the input side by setting the output slider
  • this culls only a subset of the preset mixes, though many of the presets do use boilerplate settings for their mix
  • in Synthology the patch - and not the mix - has the main responsibility for the sound. So do not expect miracles from these mixes - bear in mind that the name originally describes the patch and not necessarily the mix, which may turn out to be rather 'boring' in some cases
  • finally, Synthology only employs a subset (about half) of the MixBox plugins - so you will find similarities between many of the mixes here

Now have fun exploring!

Comments

• edited December 2020

These are so sick! Thanks so much !!!

Edit: scrolled through a handful of these presets. These all sound incredible. I was playing one synth loop which sounded like a different synth each time I switched the preset. You did a great job with these, seriously.

• Really nice effort! Thank you 🙏

• @itsaghost said:
    These are so sick! Thanks so much !!!
    @gusgranite said:
    Really nice effort! Thank you 🙏

Thanks! The effort was only in scope. The mixes already come with the Syntronik patches, so the real kudos goes to IK Multimedia for their all-around great patches in the first place. MixBox now also lets you 'try on' these different mixes not only to Syntronik but to any other synth patch on the fly.

• Wow. Simply amazing

• Thank you very much! Great!

• Fantastic. Thanks!

• @Tim6502 holy crap.... thanks a ton!!!!! WOW. Amazing work.

• I haven’t got past the “A” presets yet and I’m completely blown away. These are so useful. If you have MixBox, install ASAP.

• edited December 2020

lol, mixed something up ----plz delete----

• @Tim6502 said:
    The attached Zip file contains 410 MixBox presets modeled from (and named after) presets from IK Multimedia's Syntronik product.
    When you 'Share' -> 'Copy to MixBox', these will be materialized into 4 directories under the category User: Syntronik A-D, Syntronik E-L, Syntronik M-R, and Syntronik S-Z.

Please do note:

• while I tried to copy the Syntronik settings, there are differences in the plugins in both knob settings and locations to MixBox and you may discover issues or oversights
    • I have tried to roughly maintain the level on the input side by setting the output slider
    • this culls only a subset of the preset mixes, though many of the presets do use boilerplate settings for their mix
    • in Synthology the patch - and not the mix - has the main responsibility for the sound. So do not expect miracles from these mixes - bear in mind that the name originally describes the patch and not necessarily the mix, which may turn out to be rather 'boring' in some cases
    • finally, Synthology only employs a subset (about half) of the MixBox plugins - so you will find similarities between many of the mixes here

Now have fun exploring!

You Sir, are a true legend! Thank you so much for doing this. Now excuse my dumbness, however I’m still new to MixBox(and iOS production) - how do I get these into MixBox? Is the share function within the app or do you mean via the iOS files app. again, apologies for the dumbness.

• @Cambler said:
    how do I get these into MixBox? Is the share function within the app or do you mean via the iOS files app.

It's added from the Files App. Assuming you downloaded the Zip file:

• In the iOS Files App: long tap on it, select 'Share'. (You might need to swipe the top row of icons to the left to reveal the drop down 'More ...')
    • Select the MixBox icon with the action 'Copy to MixBox'
    • This will transfer the presets, whereupon MixBox should open and tell you that it received 410 presets - which does beat adding one-at-a-time.
  • @Cambler said:

@Tim6502 said:

Please do note:

Now have fun exploring!

You Sir, are a true legend! Thank you so much for doing this. Now excuse my dumbness, however I’m still new to MixBox(and iOS production) - how do I get these into MixBox? Is the share function within the app or do you mean via the iOS files app. again, apologies for the dumbness.

I’m using Chrome on iOS and downloaded the file and then Open In > MixBox and there they were.

• @Tim6502 said:

@Cambler said:
    how do I get these into MixBox? Is the share function within the app or do you mean via the iOS files app.

• In the iOS Files App: long tap on it, select 'Share'. (You might need to swipe the top row of icons to the left to reveal the drop down 'More ...')
    • This will transfer the presets, whereupon MixBox should open and tell you that it received 410 presets - which does beat adding one-at-a-time.

Thanks so much. I extracted the archive and was trying to share that. all showing now. excited to play!

• Whoa, this is insane. Thanks for this.

• edited December 2020

@Tim6502 said:

The MixBox410GroupedSyntronikPresets.zip attached to this post contains the exact same patches, only now grouped into 14 categories. After installation you will find: User -> Syntronik-Grouped and inside that are the group directories.
    Grouping was done quickly and subjectively, though it might be useful for some folks in their browsing.

Enjoy!

• So good 👊

• Awesome! Thank you @Tim6502 !

• @Tim6502 said:

@Cambler said:

You 🤟🏾🤟🏾.. thank you. happy holidays

• Many thanks Tim, much appreciated B)

• Thanks for these - really useful!

• edited December 2020

Thanks for that Tim6502! Really nice of you!
    There is a lot of amazing presets in there!

• Even better! Thanks so much.

• @Tim6502 only just looked at this thread now, looking forward to downloading this and checking these out, thanks for your work!

• Thanks for sharing @Tim6502
    Wonderful presets!

• @Tim6502 This is fantastic! 👍 Epic share.. Thank you.. 🙏

• edited December 2020

Many thanks @Tim6502.

How to delete the old directories?

• Many thanks for gathering these together for us. Much appreciated. 👊🏼™️

• Much thanks! Will have to try these.

• edited December 2020

@Iskander said:
    Many thanks @Tim6502.

How to delete the old directories?

AFAIK, the MixBox preset management is rather anemic in regards to bulk preset management.
    Once you have deleted all presets in a directory - one at a time! - that directory will no longer show.
    However, this does not appear to be the case for parent directories, which do want to stick around indefinitely.
    Likely the easiest (but most radical) is to delete the MixBox app and re-install it, and then add ZIPs.
    It is easier to arrange a ZIP layout than to manage presets one at a time.

And in the ZIP itself, I believe your directories must follow the pattern:
    some-top-level-dir / Rack Presets / visible-preset-dir-path

• edited December 2020

Thanks so much! I look forward to these.
    Edit: done. Worked like a charm. This was a lot of work! Wonderful holiday treat for everyone (who has MixBox.
    Now there’s even more reason to get it). 🙏🙏🙏