Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Music apps which support (qwerty) key bindings....?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Patterning 2 has this and looks like it’s really well implemented.

I’m not sure if it will work with a cheap generic Bluetooth keyboard? If someone has that answer that would be great!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks for the info, will pick up one of those keyboards later!

• If we are talking loopers... can’t forget about the original Loopy HD <3

I’m pretty sure it supported BT key bindings even before MIDI B)

• Haven’t tested with BT keyboard, but Model 15 has a nice keyboard implementation for the smart keyboard cover I have. Would kind of assume it works with BT as well - but might be wrong.
    I’ve also asked @j_liljedahl in my most humblest of voices for keyboard support in AUM. Would be AMAZING to use the keyboard cover/BT kbd to mute/unmute channels, or use as actual keys for playing.

• edited September 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks for this thread @d4d0ug
    I own all those apart from group the loop. Loopy HD is the gold standard on iOS for me even after all the years but I will give that one a look.

• We can add Drambo to the list as of the last update as well. It’s super quick to midi learn new key bindings, also effective on AUv3 apps hosted within Drambo.

• edited December 2020

@d4d0ug said:

@aleyas said:
    We can add Drambo to the list as of the last update as well. It’s super quick to midi learn new key bindings, also effective on AUv3 apps hosted within Drambo.

Midi bindings or qwerty keyboard bindings?

Hmm, well by default the QWERTY keyboard functions as a keyboard to play notes. Most keys can also be mapped to any learnable function or parameters within the app. When mapping ‘K’ for example, it doesn’t say ‘cc whatever is mapped’ it simply says ‘k is mapped’.

• edited December 2020

We > @d4d0ug said:

• Group the loop
    • Patterning 2
    • Sidecar Midi Controller
    • Model 15
    • Sunvox
    • GarageBand
    • Cubasis3 (new, as of recent update)
    • Drambo too!

Supporting querty keyboards, in one way or another

Yess! I’m glad Drambo is on the list!

• There’s also the DAWs N-Track Studio and Audio Evolution. And the audio editors Hokusai 2 and Ferrite as well.

Keep em’ coming!

• Wait can AUM or Audiobus be mapped to a Qwerty?

• @Kites said:
    Wait can AUM or Audiobus be mapped to a Qwerty?

Aum, nope :(

• @d4d0ug said:

• Group the loop
    • Patterning 2
    • Model 15
    • Sunvox
    • GarageBand
    • Cubasis3 (new, as of recent update)
    • Drambo too!

Supporting querty keyboards, in one way or another

You’re missing loopy in your list. Just saying.

• edited January 2021

@d4d0ug said:
    Yep, it looks like Koala Sampler also supports qwerty keyboards, not sure on the details tho...

• Koala Sampler
    • Group the loop
    • Patterning 2
    • Model 15
    • Sunvox
    • GarageBand
    • Cubasis3
    • Drambo
    • Loopy HD

Thanks you 👌
    Many more apps maybe tend to increment the AZERTY or QWERTY support first could be AUM and AUM convert this keyboard signal into a CC or NOTE 🙌😬🤪
    = instant pedal board for cheap with an old usb keyboard ( activate recording ON/OFF, PLAY/ STOP, MUTING tracks, DISABLE AUV3/IAA slots...)
    Please make AUM great again 🤪😂

• @Hkor said:

@d4d0ug said:
    Yep, it looks like Koala Sampler also supports qwerty keyboards, not sure on the details tho...

• Koala Sampler
    • Group the loop
    • Patterning 2
    • Model 15
    • Sunvox
    • GarageBand
    • Cubasis3
    • Drambo
    • Loopy HD

Thanks you 👌
    Many more apps maybe tend to increment the AZERTY or QWERTY support first could be AUM and AUM convert this keyboard signal into a CC or NOTE 🙌😬🤪
    = instant pedal board for cheap with an old usb keyboard ( activate recording ON/OFF, PLAY/ STOP, MUTING tracks, DISABLE AUV3/IAA slots...)
    Please make AUM great again 🤪😂

Seriously. That’d make it a waaaay better “daw”, or at least performance environment.
    When Drambo got QWERTY support it was seriously game changing for me. Sometimes I just open up Drambo solely to use the magic keyboard as a midi controller for my hardware.

All serious hosts or standalone apps should support it, in my (entitled) opinion lol.

• edited January 2021

I'd love a midi AU that converts QWERTY to midi, so I could use a keyboard with AUM.

I wonder if Mozaic could do this? cc @brambos

• @auxmux said:
    I'd love a midi AU that converts QWERTY to midi, so I could use a keyboard with AUM.

I wonder if Mozaic could do this? cc @brambos

At this point it doesn't. Keyboard events were not so useful in the past (e.g. because you couldn't get separate press and release events, just a single keypress event). Not sure if that has changed in the meantime?