Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3.2, new Waves IAPs and Xmas Sale available

Dear all,

First of all, I hope you and yours are up and well during these times.

Today we're glad to announce the immediate availability of Cubasis 3.2 and the new Waves in-app purchases.

Cubasis 3.2 is our biggest performance update to date, includes two new exclusive Waves plug-in IAPs, keyboard shortcuts and mouse support, multicore-rendering and improved Audio Unit performance and much more.

Alongside, the new version includes more than 45 improvements (actually close to 60) to user-reported issues.

Special offers with 30% off Cubasis 3.2 and 50% off selected in-app purchases are available from December 21, 2020, until January 11, 2021.

Download Cubasis on the App Store

If you like Cubasis, please support us by rating this app on the App Store!

We wish you and yours a merry Christmas and a happy and healthy new year.

Enjoy making music
& stay safe and sound!

Lars

Comments

• LFSLFS
    edited December 2020

What's New in Cubasis 3.2

Cubasis is one of the fastest, most intuitive audio and MIDI DAWs available for mobile devices. Enjoy our biggest performance upgrade to date with Cubasis 3.2. Be inspired by the exclusive, pro-grade Waves plug-ins. Speed up your workflow with simple keyboard shortcuts, mouse support included. Create perfect-sounding songs, using many more third-party Audio Unit plug-ins in a single project than ever before… and much more. Simply put, Cubasis lets you focus on your music, while letting the software perform best on your chosen device.

If you like Cubasis, please support us by rating this app on the App Store!

・Keyboard shortcut and mouse support
    Cubasis is known for incomparable usability when it comes to touch operation. But it doesn't stop there. Prefer using a keyboard alongside your device instead? Perfect! Speed up your workflow with simple keyboard shortcuts to record, play, navigate, edit and more, creating great tracks at lightning speed. Cubase shortcuts and mouse support are included.

・Waves meets Cubasis. Chapter II.
    After successfully partnering with Steinberg for their 25th Anniversary plug-in bundle a few years ago, Waves — the world's leading manufacturer of award-winning effects processors — once more teams up with us for their highly acclaimed Waves Tune Real-Time and H-Delay plug-ins, available exclusively through in-app purchase in Cubasis on iOS.

・Waves Tune Real-Time IAP
    Your ultimate real-time pitch correction tool for vocals. A dream tool that helps vocalists stay in tune while singing, feel confident, and focus on the emotion of their performance. Waves Tune Real-Time provides smooth, natural-sounding vocal pitch correction, instantly and automatically. And it’s exclusively available through Cubasis in-app purchase on iOS.

・Waves H-Delay now included in Waves Plug-in Bundle IAP
    From classic old school PCM42-style effects like filtering, flanging and phasing, to slap-back echo, ping-pong delay and tempo-sync with modulation, H-Delay delivers the goods. Controlled by a super-intuitive interface that lets you get straight down to business, it is exclusively available in the Waves Plug-in Bundle IAP, including a free update for existing users!

・Multicore-rendering and improved Audio Unit performance (Learn More)
    Create your music without limits. Cubasis gives you the freedom to use many more third-party Audio Unit instruments and effects plug-ins simultaneously than ever before. Multicore rendering support exploits the potential of newer devices to their utmost. What does this all mean for you? Simply focus on your song, and let Cubasis do the rest.

・45+ improvements
    Cubasis is always at your side, providing you with the best possible user experience, the highest performance and rock-solid stability when capturing your inspiration. As well as all the great new features, Cubasis 3.2 provides many more user-requested improvements and fixes throughout the application.

Important Note:
    When using Audio Unit plug-ins with Cubasis 3.2, we strongly recommend that you update your iPhone and iPad devices to iOS/iPadOS 14.2, which resolves several Audio Unit-related problems.

• LFSLFS
    edited December 2020

What has been improved and resolved in Cubasis 3.2

More New Features in 3.2
    CBT-1593 New 32-bit rate project setup option added for mixdown and recording.
    CBT-1705 Engine buffering and multicore rendering support on iOS.
    CBT-2041 New Arranger Zoom Panel (can be toggled in setup).
    CBT-2045 Microsonic and MiniSampler polyphony value can now be set to 1.
    CBT-2084 Two additional higher device latency values added to setup.

Inspector, Track list, Arrange Window & Mixer
    CBT-117 Follow playhead mode now works as expected.
    CBT-281 Using the split tool no longer leads to unwanted volume increase and distortion.
    CBT-822 The color status of a frozen MIDI track is now properly updated, when unfreezing the track.
    CBT-2166 The inspector panels of frozen tracks are no longer editable.
    CBT-1225 Follow playhead mode no longer loses its active state, when reaching the right locator.
    CBT-2133 Skip button appears when loading a project, which contains an AU plug-in that takes more than average to load.
    CBT-2170 Resolves a naming convention problem when editing events in the arranger.
    CBT-1744 New loading bar added for projects that are loaded at app launch.
    CBT-1795 Imported MIDI events are no longer renamed to the name of the instrument.
    CBT-1907 Global monitoring button is no longer highlighted if there are no tracks available.
    CBT-1950 New popup added which lists the app names, when loading a project which contain missing plug-ins.
    CBT-1979 A MIDI event which has not been renamed, remains to be named after the instrument.
    CBT-1980 The name of a MIDI track which is assigned to Microsonic, will no longer be overwritten when loading a new preset.
    CBT-2082 Backups are now properly loaded if a project file is damaged.
    CBT-2097 Currently loaded AU instruments are no longer replaced, when importing MIDI drum loops from the factory library.
    CBT-2113 Misleading popup message after app launch no longer appears, when "Load empty project on next app launch" iOS option has been enabled.
    CBT-2115 Resolves a problem where folders are opened when scrolling the automation editor parameter list.
    CBT-2207 Freezing a track no longer leads to a resulting audio track with enabled send effects.
    CBT-2229 Solves a problem, where tapping on an insert plug-in no longer opens the user interface after effects reordering.
    CBT-2289 Resolves a problem, where the project loading popup can appear delayed if the previous project contains many third party apps.
    CBT-2294 The MIDI track name is named after the instruments name, as long as it hasn't been manually renamed by the user.

Instruments
    CBT-1978 Creating a Micrologue ARP preset using the default settings now works as expected.
    CBT-999 Micrologue on/off switch state is now properly saved in user presets.
    CBT-1178 Resolves various issues, where the Micrologue controls does not match to current preset settings.
    CBT-1269 Fixes a problem, where the current effects state of Microlgue is not properly shown.
    CBT-2002 Micrologue instrument settings are now properly saved and recalled.
    CBT-2070 Tapping a Micrologue knob or switch no longer leads to the knob or switch jumping back.
    CBT-2129 The instrument preset list back arrow no longer fails to work after resizing the view.
    CBT-2174 Revised Microsonic and MiniSampler attack and release sliders.

Audio Unit
    CBT-1218 Resolves a problem, where Audio Unit plug-ins still use DSP while being disabled.
    CBT-1599 Recording MIDI from 3rd party AU apps such as Velocity Keyboard now works as expected.
    CBT-1656 Improved performance when using Audio Unit plug-ins with high CPU utilisation.
    CBT-1737 Improved behaviour when loading projects which contain many Audio Unit plug-ins.
    CBT-2080 Tempo sync of FabFilter Saturator 2 and Cubasis now works as expected.
    CBT-2120 Resolves various issues, where loading Audio Unit plug-ins can render Cubasis unreliable.
    CBT-2125 Fixes a problem where the "Audio Unit not found" popup remains visible, while other plug-ins are loading.
    CBT-2150 Resolves a rare problem, where loading projects that contain a large number of Audio Unit plug-ins with high CPU utilisation can render Cubasis unreliable.
    CBT-2167 Adding an insert effect after a MIDI effect no longer leads to preset selection being ignored.

Real-time time-stretch and pitch-shifting
    CBT-610 Various élastique time-stretch and pitch-shift optimisations and improvements.
    CBT-1152 Resolves various issues where the use of time-stretch and pitch-shift results in maximum DSP peak.
    CBT-612 Addresses several problems where cycle playback of time-stretched audio events can lead to crackling.

MIDI Editor
    CBT-739 Follow playhead mode now works as expected in the MIDI editor.
    CBT-754 Various MIDI editor zooming improvements.
    CBT-1345 Auto-zoom now behaves as expected, when opening a MIDI event in the editor.
    CBT-2111 The MIDI editor now properly remembers the zoom level per event.
    CBT-2295 Follow playhead gets disabled in the MIDI editor when scrolling or zooming.

MediaBay
    CBT-696 It is no longer possible to accidentally move a project to the factory demos folder.
    CBT-1136 Revised share and import popups.
    CBT-2085 New projects are now properly saved into current sub folder of projects folder.
    CBT-2142 Importing a zip file which contains a project file in a folder now works as expected.
    CBT-2161 When move mode is enabled, various buttons which functions are currently unavailable are now disabled.

Misc.
    CBT-1671 Improved popup behaviour and reworked design.
    CBT-2107 "Load empty project on next app launch" iOS setting now works as expected.
    CBT-1840 The playback of in-app shop demos no longer continues, when switching to other in-app shop pages.

• Can’t wait the update is available in Italian AppStore. Great work @Lars and your team.

• Damn... CBT-2120, 1656 and 739! And 32 bit! (That’s good, right?) and more hardware latency choices... Yum! Sounds like you guys were busy, Lars. This looks fantastic. Lots of smiles, I think, for the holiday season. Best to you and the Steinberg team.

• Just got it, so far so good!
    Will explore the changes during the day...
    ...especially the new buffer settings.

AutoTune thing works on other than vocal stuff too :)

Cheers!

• Great work @LFS and team

• Ok it is out. Love the new wave effects. If only you can add the search feature in the instruments and effects list would save us a lot of time👊

• @Richtowns said:
    Great work @LFS and team

Great work of the team... ;)

• edited December 2020

Definitely agree with @Samu about the auto tune! Sounds sooo good. Although Cubasis crashed a few times while using it for me. But it's absolutely one of the best auto tune for iOS that I've tried so far.

Also I tried time stretching and afterwards, while attemtping to move the audio, it kind of started to run away from me and wouldn't stop lol. Took a video that was a little less extreme than the first time but it's still moving farther from where I dragged it. Keep in mind I only moved my finger about an inch (or a little less) each time. Sometimes It would keep moving off screen:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jq7_iGb9l1ioqyqvjgx2r0hVYIiL2eww/view?usp=drivesdk

• LFSLFS
    edited December 2020

How to Record Killer Vocals with The New Waves Tune plug-in in Cubasis | Cubasis 3.2

See our friend Dom Sigalas, show the new Waves Tune RT and H-Delay plug-ins and a few more things...

New Waves Plugins For iPad!

You're after more subtle vocal corrections? Then you should join Paul Drew, showing the new Waves Tune and H-Delay plug-ins in a full band production on the iPad using Cubasis 3.2.

• Sweet, haven’t had a chance to try the wavestunes plugin yet but I did buy it, is $4.99 a discounted price? I thought it was going to cost a lot more 🙏
    Also the part I read about multi core rendering on newer devices, would the 2020 iPad Pro be considered a newer device or is it considered old already? I hope not, it’s literally still 2020, lol.

• Just updated was trying out the keyboard shortcuts. They work well but I noticed that you can’t activate a shortcut when this pop up shows up. You have to wait until it disappears in order to activate another shortcut.

Also I’ve noticed that there is no horizontal or vertical scrolling on the timeline using a trackpad such as the magic keyboard. Just a few suggestions off of my first run play through. Otherwise everything else is smooth so far.

• Just wanted ppl to know 3.2 is WAY more stable than previous versions, I tend to push my iPad pretty hard and this is handling everything I throw okay it, finally feel like I have a viable recording solution for my unhinged experiments.

• edited December 2020

I‘ve bought Waves tune real-time inside CB3.
    In CB2 it doesn‘t show ‚bought‘ and I have to buy again? Restoring purchases does not work.

By the way, many thanks for the brilliant update.

• edited December 2020

Great work

• godgod
    edited December 2020

Thank you @LFS ! Looks and works great (so far)

Edit: whoops! C3 just crashed on me when I was adjusting the arp “bars” in Micrologue.

• @LFS This is the best Xmas present! Thank you so much.

• Wow, that's an impressive list of changes and fixes!

Seems about time, i give Cubasis a new try.

I cannot even remember right now, what was not working for me in CB3.
    And something else did not work anymore in CB2 after the last update, so that i totally removed usage of Cubasis.

But this update reads fantastic!
    Thanks, @LFS

• edited December 2020

@Lars Bit worried when I first opened the new update as crashed on opening had 2 tracks active one audio plus Agoniser in the other track so maybe that. On ipad OS 14.2 aswell. Second opening all fine for now! Thanks for the update here's hoping its rock solid from now on.

• edited December 2020

@Iskander said:
    I‘ve bought Waves tune real-time inside CB3.
    In CB2 it doesn‘t show ‚bought‘ and I have to buy again? Restoring purchases does not work.

By the way, many thanks for the brilliant update.

I can confirm that buying the IAP in CB2 can be transferred across to CB3 using the in-app purchase transfer (and then appears without additional fiddling in the iPhone version).

• @Sandstorm said:
    @LFS This is the best Xmas present! Thank you so much.

Thanks @Sandstorm.
    We hope you will enjoy using Cubasis 3.2!

Stay well,
    Lars

• @Judochopjames said:
    Just wanted ppl to know 3.2 is WAY more stable than previous versions, I tend to push my iPad pretty hard and this is handling everything I throw okay it, finally feel like I have a viable recording solution for my unhinged experiments.

Hi @Judochopjames,

Thanks for confirming, that the version adds much more stability for you!

Stay healthy,
    Lars

• @dpeace said:

I can confirm that buying the IAP in CB2 can be transferred across to CB3 using the in-app purchase transfer (and then appears without additional fiddling in the iPhone version).

I‘ve bought the IAP in CB3. Restoring in CB2 is not possible.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Damn... CBT-2120, 1656 and 739! And 32 bit! (That’s good, right?) and more hardware latency choices... Yum! Sounds like you guys were busy, Lars. This looks fantastic. Lots of smiles, I think, for the holiday season. Best to you and the Steinberg team.

Hi Mike,

Indeed, be assured the team put in lots of work into this one, to make it all happen.
    Hope you will enjoy Cubasis 3.2!

Stay well,
    Lars

• @LFS I've not yet checked if it's possible to choose a separate bit-depth for project and export?

Sometimes we might desire to use 96k@24-bit for recording and bump down to 44.1k@16-bit for export as an example.
    (Also for example the Waves L1 Maximizer can dither down to 16-bit but the 'advantage' is lost since the session bit-depth is used during export, so if it's 24-bit the export will be 24-bit).

For me since I use two devices with different native sample-rates (iPad Air 2 with 44.1k and iPhone 8 with 48k) the sample-rate management becomes an extra burden since I can not freely choose the session sample-rate as it's locked to the connected hardware...

One tip here would to to add support for core audio re-sampling but warn the user when a non-native sample-rate is selected?
    I don't know how much extra overhead the resampling process needs but in ZenBeats it's working pretty ok.

Cheers & Thanks you and the team for a solid update, hasn't crashed on me yet :)

• I‘ve found a huge bug. Where are my audiofiles (imported a few weeks ago) in this project?

• LFSLFS
    edited December 2020

@Iskander said:
    I‘ve found a huge bug. Where are my audiofiles (imported a few weeks ago) in this project?

Hi @Iskander,

Please let me have a detailed bug report, to allow us reproducing the problem.
    Did the project crash when loading? Are you able to locate the audio files in the trash folder?

Thanks
    Lars

• LFSLFS
    edited December 2020

Hi all,

We've often recieved the request for an additional online and PDF version of the Cubasis 3 help.
    Please find both right here: https://steinberg.help/apps-manuals/cubasis/cubasis-3/

Best,
    Lars

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The larger buffer sizes are a very welcome addition. With the new improved efficiency this allows for far more plugins in a mix without DSP spikes.