Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

auv3 not appearing in AUM?

I was wondering if someone can help me out.
My iPad storage was recently full and some apps got sent to the cloud, I freed up some space by deleting lots of files in AudioShare.
When I open aum now, none of the audio units show up. It says audio units not installed.
I have tried deleting the apps and reinstalling it but it doesn’t work.
Anyone have any idea why it could be happening?

Comments

• A reboot should fix it

• @Carnbot said:
    A reboot should fix it

Yes it did!
    Thanks mate :)

• Funny... An almost 40 year old response to glitches is still: “Did you try rebooting?”... Some things never change. ;)

• @motmeister said:
    Funny... An almost 40 year old response to glitches is still: “Did you try rebooting?”... Some things never change. ;)

Very true!!
    Im using a seven year old ipad air so thought it might be playing up!

• edited June 2020

some apps/plugins needs to be launched (once) in standalone mode, close it and then try the auv3 in host. ( modelD needs to do this once installed first run)

• edited June 2020

@Small_paul1976 said:
    ... I freed up some space by deleting lots of files in AudioShare. ...

Tip: for 'anyone' about to delete "wav" files from Audioshare - especially when you don't want to:
    Just convert them to m4a or other. .. the file is then approximately 10% of it's original wav size - depending on your Bit rate settings etc. (mine is usually 192 +/-)

If it's many files (and you have 'Auditor') just batch process them there..

... Q: But don't you loose 'some' quality when you do that?
    ... A: Possibly Yeah, - but you definitely loose 100% of the quality when you delete it.

King

• Has anyone had this happen multiple times? I’m going on something like the 6th or 7th time this has happened since I went 14.2.

Also does anyone know what triggers it? My device space is limited but not maxed out. I am going to free up some space, but I was under the impression it happened when a new music app was downloaded. I guess it could be any app? Any ideas what is triggering the bug in iOS?

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Has anyone had this happen multiple times? I’m going on something like the 6th or 7th time this has happened since I went 14.2.

Also does anyone know what triggers it? My device space is limited but not maxed out. I am going to free up some space, but I was under the impression it happened when a new music app was downloaded. I guess it could be any app? Any ideas what is triggering the bug in iOS?

It happens to me too frequently. I can't figure out the trigger. When I open apeMatrix and all I see are the built-in AU's, then I know it's time to shutdown.

• @mojozart I didn’t realize it happened in AM. Huh. In AUM it shows no AUv3 as if there were none on the iPad, if you try to load a saved file, it fills up with all red X circles. I know it’s a simple fix, but it’s starting to get a little annoying and I’d like to somewhat avoid it. Thanks for the feedback.

• This is a well known bug(?) in iOS 14 and there are several threads about it on this forum. Latest is

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/41608/ios-14-and-audio-units#latest

• @Poppadocrock said:
    @mojozart I didn’t realize it happened in AM. Huh. In AUM it shows no AUv3 as if there were none on the iPad, if you try to load a saved file, it fills up with all red X circles. I know it’s a simple fix, but it’s starting to get a little annoying and I’d like to somewhat avoid it. Thanks for the feedback.

AUM never shows iPad's built-in AU's

• @mojozart said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    @mojozart I didn’t realize it happened in AM. Huh. In AUM it shows no AUv3 as if there were none on the iPad, if you try to load a saved file, it fills up with all red X circles. I know it’s a simple fix, but it’s starting to get a little annoying and I’d like to somewhat avoid it. Thanks for the feedback.

Not built in AU’s all my AU’s.

I do know it’s a known bug, I’m trying to find the source. I’ll check that thread.

Thanks @god

• @Poppadocrock said:

@mojozart said:

@Poppadocrock said:

I do know it’s a known bug, I’m trying to find the source. I’ll check that thread.

Thanks @god

You're missing some context: When this happens then apeMatrix still shows the built-in AU's (which AUM never shows).

• @mojozart said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@mojozart said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Thanks @god

You're missing some context: When this happens then apeMatrix still shows the built-in AU's (which AUM never shows).

Are you saying apeMatrix does not suffer from the aforementioned bug?

This is very peculiar because I have this happen to me in all my installed hosts including NanoStudio2, GarageBand, Cubasis3, Audio Evolution 3 and AUM. I don’t own apeMatrix..

• For the ones having this issue, does spotlight search apps work(swipe down in main app view)? At the same time AUs are not showing.

• @stellare_modular said:
    For the ones having this issue, does spotlight search apps work(swipe down in main app view)? At the same time AUs are not showing.

Spotlight worked for me. Also, I could run all the AUs in standalone and IAA.

• edited December 2020

@god said:

@mojozart said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@mojozart said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Thanks @god

This is very peculiar because I have this happen to me in all my installed hosts including NanoStudio2, GarageBand, Cubasis3, Audio Evolution 3 and AUM. I don’t own apeMatrix..

All AU hosts are affected.

(If you used apeMatrix you would see that that there are some built-in Apple AUs that never appear in AUM. Just ignore them, as well as this comment.)

• Does anyone know if this bug is fixed in the iOS 14.3 RC?

• Bump.

Anyone experiencing this in 14.3?

• @god said:
    Bump.

I’m interested in this as well...

• @mojozart said:

@god said:

@mojozart said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@mojozart said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Thanks @god

All AU hosts are affected.

(If you used apeMatrix you would see that that there are some built-in Apple AUs that never appear in AUM. Just ignore them, as well as this comment.)

My bad, yea I don’t have Apematrix, although I do know it has the built in AU’s. No worries man, thanks anyways. I just been restarting. It seems to happen when I download a new AUv3 app.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@god said:
    Bump.

I’m interested in this as well...

I’ve been using 14.3 for almost 24 hours now and and this bug has not yet occurred. I’m not sure but it seems, at least when launching NanoStudio2, that every time I launch the app, it rescans the AU database. Maybe it is a good sign? I dunno 🤷🏻‍♂️

anyway I’ve had this bug come sometime 2 or even 3 days after a device last restart, so one day does not mean much. I’m definitely not jumping into conclusions but this is still a good start. 🤞🏻

• Well, it happened. The plugins again disappeared. So this bug apparently was not fixed 😢

• @god said:
    Well, it happened. The plugins again disappeared. So this bug apparently was not fixed 😢

Report it to Apple:

https://apple.com/feedback/

Since it's not killing apps like the 14.2 MIDI bug did it's not going to have as high a priority. But if plenty of people actually use feedback to say it's a problem then it'll get fixed sooner rather than later.

• @AlanC3 said:

@god said:
    Well, it happened. The plugins again disappeared. So this bug apparently was not fixed 😢

Report it to Apple:

Since it's not killing apps like the 14.2 MIDI bug did it's not going to have as high a priority. But if plenty of people actually use feedback to say it's a problem then it'll get fixed sooner rather than later.

I think I already reported this, along with several other users in this forum. But maybe I’ll re-report. Thanks!

• @god said:
    I think I already reported this, along with several other users in this forum. But maybe I’ll re-report. Thanks!

Take a look at this piece written by an ex-Apple engineer. OK, it's aimed at developers but it gives you some idea of what happens:

https://tidbits.com/2020/06/17/how-to-report-bugs-to-apple-so-they-get-fixed/

One thing from that article that I've been on the receiving end of:

Sometimes it seems like an Apple engineer asks for more info just to stall. When I worked there, I saw that tactic deployed against bugs written by other Apple engineers as well as third-party developers. An engineer asks for some plausible additional information, which takes time to collect. Half the developers never respond, and the engineer can then ignore those bugs, as they’re “waiting for additional information.”

After wasting a lot of time getting the information they wanted I got told I was the only person reporting the bug so it had a low priority. :#

The more people who report a bug, the better. And keep nagging every time it crops up in a new release. >:)

• @god said:

@AlanC3 said:

@god said:

Report it to Apple:

Alway re-report bugs when a new OS version drops -- oftentimes they think a bug has been fixed and if it isn't re-reported they won't realize it.

• @AlanC3 said:

@god said:

Report it to Apple:

Reported, please everyone do the same. IOS is huge and our small community can get easily ignored, so lets show them our power ;)

• Reported, too.

• I am cautiously going to report that I have not yet seen this issue with the beta of iOS 14.4.