Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Forthcoming Cubasis 3.2 release including new Waves IAPs

LFSLFS
edited December 2020 in General App Discussion

Dear all,

Hopefully you are all up and well during these times.

Yesterday evening we announced the upcoming release of Cubasis 3.2, which will feature two new Waves plug-ins (available via IAP), keyboard shortcut and mouse support, multicore rendering and improved Audio Unit performance and more.

The new Waves plug-ins are exclusively available through in-app purchase in Cubasis on iOS. Waves Tune Real-Time comes as a stand-alone in-app purchase, H-Delay Hybrid Delay is newly available in the Waves Plug-in Bundle IAP and is a free update for existing users.

Alongside the update will bring 45+improvements for user-reported issues.

Cubasis 3.2 will be available on December 21, 2020 through the App Store and Google Play.

Sonic State Cubasis 3.2 Announcement

Hispasonic Cubasis 3.2 Announcement

Best wishes
& stay healthy
Lars

Comments

• Looks like a decent pitch correction utility will soon drop, even if not melodyne. Nice!

• Will we be able to route a midi to the Waves Tune Real-Time plug-in when it's hosted on an Audio Track in Cubasis?
    (Don't worry I'll get it but it would feel a bit meh if the answer is no you can't).

Cheers!

• LFSLFS
    edited December 2020

@Samu said:
    Will we be able to route a midi to the Waves Tune Real-Time plug-in when it's hosted on an Audio Track in Cubasis?
    (Don't worry I'll get it but it would feel a bit meh if the answer is no you can't).

Cheers!

Hi @Samu,

There will be no MIDI support for the Waves Tune Real-Time plug-in with this release.
    The feature itself remains available on our list of future Cubasis topics.

Definitily no need to feel a bit meh though, Samu... ;)

Best,
    Lars

• Wow I’m so excited for keyboard support. That’s gonna make the workflow sooooo much better.
    Any hope for AAF import/export and video support? I’d love to use Cubasis as my audio post production app on the go and it’s so close to being just that.

• CB3 is starting to mature nicely, it is good to see it starting to take advantage of the power of the newer iPads. :)

• @LFS said:

There will be no MIDI support for the Waves Tune Real-Time plug-in with this release.
    The feature itself remains available on our list of future Cubasis topics.

Definitily no need to feel a bit meh though, Samu... ;)

I know, can always use 'automate'...

Just digging the video by Dom Sigalas where he mess with auto-tune controlled by midi, especially when ge goes crazy with the pitch-bends at the end :D

Cheers!
    /Samuel

• Looking forward to the update, I wonder if there’ll be any internal midi routing or multi output support for AUs.

• @GrimLucky said:
    Looking forward to the update, I wonder if there’ll be any internal midi routing or multi output support for AUs.

Hi @GrimLucky,

Not with this one, but on our list.

Best,
    Lars

• 30% sale Dec 21-Jan 11. 50% in apps.

• Thanks Cubasis for putting a vocal tuner in there. I wish you all a happy holiday season!

• @NoiseHorse said:
    Thanks Cubasis for putting a vocal tuner in there. I wish you all a happy holiday season!

Hey @NoiseHorse,

Actually, it was our lovely friends @Waves and our team.
    Another great experience and looking forward to next Monday... :)

Best,
    Lars

• H-Delay I use as my desktop delay, (and I own Echoboy, and plenty of others).

That and mouse and keyboard support, this is going to be great.

• Do we get PDC(Plug-In Delay Compensation) with this 3.2 update?

For example when using the Waves Ultra Maximizer it introduces a fair bit of latency when trying to create 'perfect loops' by rendering (or freezing) between Left & Right locators. It seldom yields a perfect loops since the plug-in introduces latency :(

This is also an issue when using FabFilter Pro-L2 as it also adds a fair bit of latency.

I do feel that the plug-in latency issues should be tackled at an early stage especially now that Cubasis 3.2 will gain multi-threaded rendering or maybe this is something that is fixed since there is a need to keep the audio processed by the different threads under control to avoid timing issues...

Not to worry, I do not have a single DAW or App on my iPad or iPhone that has proper PDC thus Cubasis could be the first ;)

Cheers!

• LFSLFS
    edited December 2020

Hi all,

Yesterday I've stumbled on a YouTube clip from Paul Drew (The Studio Rats), where he asked himself "if it is possible to record/mix a whole band on the iPad" using Cubasis 3 and a few 3rd party effects.

To cut a long story short, we've exchanged via Email and he decided to came up with a great clip overnight - many thanks for this, Paul!!!

So here you can take a first look at the new Waves plug-ins inside Cubasis 3.2 in a real-world production environment...

New Waves Plugins For iPad! | The Studio Rats

Best wishes,
    Lars

• @Nubus said:
    H-Delay I use as my desktop delay, (and I own Echoboy, and plenty of others).

That and mouse and keyboard support, this is going to be great.

Glad to read this @Nubus! And we're getting there in a few days.
    If you own the Waves Bundle IAP already, H-Delay comes for free too.

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS thanks much for the communication etc.

• Can that tune plugin be used for tuning as well, or is it just for pitch correction?

• edited December 2020

This is the 'big one' it's based on and it allows retuning...

The question is if 'custom scales' and 'target pitch' in the UI or something that we simple have to live without for now?

• Second video of me testing the auto tune.
    Please go easy on my singing 😂😂

• @Paa89 - your singing sounds great!

• @CapnWillie said:
    Great news. Looking forward to the update.

Is there anything in it that will allow me to record all 8 DrumComputer voices on separate stereo tracks at the same time?

Forgive me if this is already possible and I’m just missing it.

Cut through there with the machete Capn, we are right behind you!

• @CapnWillie said:
    Great news. Looking forward to the update.

Is there anything in it that will allow me to record all 8 DrumComputer voices on separate stereo tracks at the same time?

Forgive me if this is already possible and I’m just missing it.

Hi @CapnWillie,

Thanks for your message.

Cubasis 3.2 provides keyboard shortcut and mouse support which has been highly requested by many users. The update also adds multicore rendering for newer iPad devices and brings many performance-related improvements when using Audio Unit plug-ins and more. Plus, the new version resolves +45 user-reported issue. Lastly, there are two lovely Waves IAP additions with the Tune Real-Time and true classic H-Delay plug-ins.

AU multiple output support is planned for a future update, and we are aware that many users wants to see this supported.

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
    Lars

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @LFS thanks much for the communication etc.

Sure thing, and thanks for the kind comment, @JohnnyGoodyear!

Stay well,
    Lars

• @Paa89 said:
    Second video of me testing the auto tune.
    Please go easy on my singing 😂😂

Great clip and singing, Paako... :)

Best
    & stay healthy,
    Lars

• @LFS will it be possible to search the sample library using text? I have a huge sample library and being able to search ‘kick’ to show all the loops with the work ‘kick’ in the file name would make an enormous difference in being able to use Cubasis for loop based composition

Will 3.2 allow 1024 sample buffer size?

• I'm about to watch a 3.2 Pre-Release video by Doug...

• Multicore rendering

• What does this multicore rendering exactly mean for us?
    Does it make the mixdown process faster?
    Or we can run more AU instruments at lower CPU load or lower latency?

• @GLacey said:
    What does this multicore rendering exactly mean for us?
    Does it make the mixdown process faster?
    Or we can run more AU instruments at lower CPU load or lower latency?

I imagine it is for faster mixdowns.