Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Koala - the ultimate pocket-sized sampler

Comments

• Dev is looking at it. Needs to fix an Android issue first.

• @Zerozerozero said:
    Dev is looking at it. Needs to fix an Android issue first.

They need all the help they can get I suppose 😃 .... and it is Christmas.

• FWIW the next updates are going to catch a lot of people off guard. I'm not convinced Marek sleeps.

• in the discord the dev was pretty active last i was in there, i would bet updates will be soon

• What is the problem people need a fix for?

• @espiegel123 said:
    What is the problem people need a fix for?

It crashes regularly in AUM. Sometimes it is difficult to load in AUM. Often the the samples sound as if they have speeded up and have the sound of interference. Sometimes it will crash and take the whole AUM session out with it. Apart from that it’s all good. 😀

• yes mostly just the crashing within host

• @robosardine said:

@espiegel123 said:

It crashes regularly in AUM. Sometimes it is difficult to load in AUM. Often the the samples sound as if they have speeded up and have the sound of interference. Sometimes it will crash and take the whole AUM session out with it. Apart from that it’s all good. 😀

I guess I’ve been lucky. I haven’t had any of those problems.

This pitch issues you describe sound like running a session recorded at 44.1 kHz at a time whe the hardware is set to 48 kHz. Is that the case?

• @espiegel123 said:

@robosardine said:

@espiegel123 said:

I guess I’ve been lucky. I haven’t had any of those problems.

This pitch issues you describe sound like running a session recorded at 44.1 kHz at a time whe the hardware is set to 48 kHz. Is that the case?

I don’t think so. It’s only been happening on 2x iPad Air2’s relatively recently (well several weeks ago) after years of use and without changing any settings.

• I have to admit, I very rarely use it within AUM. The whole point for me is to use it standalone. The new beta syncs with PO units though, which is pretty slick!

• I just really hope we get some pad mutes&solo before too much in depth stuff @elf_audio Any news on this?

• @PeteSasqwax said:
    The new beta syncs with PO units though, which is pretty slick!

Wow, really? That’s going to be fun!

• Looking a bit tasty.

• Why, hello good looking. Was expecting time stretch but not auto chop!

• the new functionality is certainly cool, but personally I have no problems with cutting a sample with the instruments that are now. But the modernization of the sequencer is a real need, because now it is a real pain for me)) Add at least the ability to select the quantize resolution.

• And timestretch! Yeeeeeeesssss.

• Autochop, timestretch, piano roll & PO sync. I might be forgetting something but those are the main ones I can think of.

• @PeteSasqwax said:
    Autochop, timestretch, piano roll & PO sync. I might be forgetting something but those are the main ones I can think of.

Oh man

• Yeah, sorry for the delayed responses to everyone, I'm trying my best to get this all done very soon - unfortunately there's only one of me, so I have to prioritise these things first as they'll impact the most users (and be an IAP which doesn't hurt ongoing development!)

I have been looking into the AUM issues, and been talking with Michael of AudioBus about it, basically something is wrong with my debugging tools (xcode) which prevents me from being able to look at the problem directly. Just means debugging is going to be a pain in the butt - I will get to it I promise.

Haha @PeteSasqwax I do sleep sometimes!

• @elf_audio said:

<<Simpsons_suspicious_dog_animated_gif.gif>> 😉

• @elf_audio said:
    Yeah, sorry for the delayed responses to everyone, I'm trying my best to get this all done very soon - unfortunately there's only one of me, so I have to prioritise these things first as they'll impact the most users (and be an IAP which doesn't hurt ongoing development!)

I have been looking into the AUM issues, and been talking with Michael of AudioBus about it, basically something is wrong with my debugging tools (xcode) which prevents me from being able to look at the problem directly. Just means debugging is going to be a pain in the butt - I will get to it I promise.

so good to this app getting constant support! def would be good with some iap to help keep development! thanks for all you’ve done and do man

• Koala is amazing.
    Thanks @elf_audio for continuing to make it even better!

• edited December 2020

@elf_audio Debugging tools or not, nothing changes that iOS 14.x has been a clusterfudge disaster. It's caused innumerable issues for devs and users across the board. Though to be fair 13 was no gem either.

Apple is just a straight up mess, but that happens when companies get too rich to care. Reminds me of Microsoft in the Windows NT days, lmao.

You have my deepest sympathy and hearty thanks for work on the coming update. Cheers and best of luck!

• interview..

• edited December 2020

@elf_audio any news about the update? And one question: is it possible to control the sample edit with midi cc? For example: set the region of the chop with the encoders of a midi controller ?Thx

• edited January 2021

the samurai is here.

get medieval japan on your samples!:)

- Samurai Edition in-app purchase now available - timestretch, sequence editing, autochop and more!
    ( $2.99 )

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/koala-sampler/id1449584007

*image: Tadanori Yokoo, Finger Cutting Ceremony, detail