Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio Evolution Mobile Studio

edited December 2021 in General App Discussion
This discussion was created from comments split from: Audio Evolution Mobile DAW.

Comments

• Audio Evolution Mobile Studio v3 for iOS is rolling out in the next 7 days:

• The effects section has been completely redesigned:
      • The 3 insert effect slots have been replaced by a grid on which an unlimited number of effects can be placed.
      • The second row of the grid can be used to create parallel effect paths.
      • New look for the standard effects featuring rotary controls with an input and output level meter per effect.
      • Updated user interface for the graphic EQ to match the new design.
      • Modifiers like LFO and 'Lock to tempo' can be added to an effect parameter.
      • Effects can be re-ordered, meaning that for example the EQ can be put before or even between inserts
      • Mixer channel processing blocks like volume, EQ and effect sends are also displayed on the grid and can therefore be re-ordered as well.
      • The position of effect sends in relation to the 'Volume/Pan' block determines pre or post.
      • An unlimited number of effect sends can be added.
      • The Compressor, ToneBoosters Compressor and AUv3 effects with 2 inputs now have a side-chain feature.
      • The Compressor now features a gain reduction meter.
      • The effects selection dialog now features 'Effect categories' like Delay, EQ, Last used and Purchased for quicker selection.
      • If you are really attached to the 3 effect slots, you can choose that option (or 4 slots) in the preferences.

• Added Toneboosters Barricade V4, EQ V4, ReelBus V4 and Reverb V4 effects (in-app purchase required).

• Added real-time pitch shifter effect.
    • Added option to send MIDI clock sync and song position pointer to synchronize external MIDI equipment.
    • Added preference option to show marker names instead of a number.
    • Added triplet options to drum pattern editor.
    • When changing the grid size in the drum pattern editor, the notes will not be quantized anymore to the new grid size. Instead, notes that do not 'fit' the grid are drawn with a transparent color.
    • The drum pattern editor now features a Velocity button to enter velocity drawing mode instead of going through a drum sound's pop-up menu.
    • Audio clips can now be renamed (display name, not their file name).
    • Multi-channel audio files containing more than 2 tracks can now be imported and are split into mono tracks.
    • Added a 'Time stretch' button to the Edit mode of the piano roll editor to time stretch selected clips.
    • Notes in the piano roll editor now contain a line depicting velocity.
    • Pitch bend and channel pressure are now more drawn more clear.
    • Added a 'Color' option to the track pop-up menu to customize a track's clip color. (iOS14+ only).
    • Added 'Split into separate tracks' option to drum pattern track menu.
    • Drawing over CC events will now replace them in Draw mode.
    • Solved crash on iOS14 when sending MIDI.
    • New app icon.

• Excellent news. Thanks.

• Like the update.

• Wow, look at all these new features! Gonna give this one a real test drive (once I finish work lol)

• edited December 2020

@dwrae said:
    Audio Evolution Mobile Studio v3 for iOS is rolling out in the next 7 days:

My picks:

• Added real-time pitch shifter effect.
    • Added option to send MIDI clock sync and song position pointer to synchronize external MIDI equipment.
    • Added preference option to show marker names instead of a number.
    • Added triplet options to drum pattern editor.
    • When changing the grid size in the drum pattern editor, the notes will not be quantized anymore to the new grid size. Instead, notes that do not 'fit' the grid are drawn with a transparent color.
    • The drum pattern editor now features a Velocity button to enter velocity drawing mode instead of going through a drum sound's pop-up menu.
    • Multi-channel audio files containing more than 2 tracks can now be imported and are split into mono tracks.
    • Added a 'Time stretch' button to the Edit mode of the piano roll editor to time stretch selected clips.
    • Notes in the piano roll editor now contain a line depicting velocity.
    • Pitch bend and channel pressure are now more drawn more clear.
    • Drawing over CC events will now replace them in Draw mode.

Wow. Excellent new features and great enhancement of the piano roll editor.
    One or two years and AEM will include what Cubasis users have always been waiting for 😉

• @god said:
    Wow, look at all these new features! Gonna give this one a real test drive (once I finish work lol)

Thanks. There is more to come, hopefully this month like a new user interface behavior for the arranger screen, tempo/time signature change, vocal tune pro etc.

• @dwrae said:

@god said:
    Wow, look at all these new features! Gonna give this one a real test drive (once I finish work lol)

Thanks. There is more to come, hopefully this month like a new user interface behavior for the arranger screen, tempo/time signature change, vocal tune pro etc.

Holy moly, that will be so nice.

Oh and.. Thank you for the update BTW 😂

• @rs2000 said:
    One or two years and AEM will include what Cubasis users have always been waiting for 😉

What are they waiting for exactly?

• Thank you for the upcoming update! I was just using AEM to finish a track and I love the workflow. Just like someone else said earlier, I didn't feel like I needed Cubasis even with the price discount as I enjoy working in AEM so much.

• edited December 2020

@dwrae said:

@rs2000 said:

What are they waiting for exactly?

Haha, good question 😊
    MIDI routing between tracks and plugins and MIDI clock latency correction like in Cubasis 2 for example, or a sampler instrument that deserves the name...

Edit: Just found the new clock correction in the beta! You're insane! Excellent news!

• I would add that AEM records MPE midi data. Just saying.

• Aha, track colour options! At last - goodbye to purples and mauves :)

• @rs2000 said:
    Edit: Just found the new clock correction in the beta! You're insane! Excellent news!

One down, two to go then. :)

In AEMv5 for Android, you have a 'Create..'' option in the instrument selection dialog that can create a soundfont based on a selected audio sample. This is even more minimalistic, but a start has been made internally to make it more advanced. The metronome which is used when applying tempo/time signature change for example, is based on a 'sampler instrument'. For one-tempo projects, the metronome is pre-rendered as a looping audio section in memory, but we couldn't do this anymore for projects with multiple tempos/time signatures, so the sampler instrument was born.

• This looks fantastic!

I was hoping for Mitosynth and Grain Science to show App, but of course they did not.

One plead I have: Could you probably add some search field for Apps, @dwrae ?

Neither Cubasis nor Auria Pro have this, but you can see proper implementations in AUM or the best version (with Favorites and all, I any slot) in AudioBus :)

I bought some ToneBooster IAP earlier and will check out the new option :)

• @dwrae said:

@rs2000 said:

One down, two to go then. :)

:smiley:

In AEMv5 for Android, you have a 'Create..'' option in the instrument selection dialog that can create a soundfont based on a selected audio sample. This is even more minimalistic, but a start has been made internally to make it more advanced.

Unbelievable. Once ready for release, it will be first iOS DAW that can create Sound Fonts.
    :+1:

• @tja said:
    I was hoping for Mitosynth and Grain Science to show App, but of course they did not.

I am afraid I don't understand this. Can you please explain if this is a problem in the app?

In the instrument selection dialog? I guess so, although they are at least sorted on alphabet.

I bought some ToneBooster IAP earlier and will check out the new option :)

Thanks!

• @dwrae said:

@tja said:

I am afraid I don't understand this. Can you please explain if this is a problem in the app?

Those App do not seem to show up in any DAW, but they still can be used in AudioBus and AUM - not sure why.
    As they are not supported and developed anymore, this is very sad.

In the instrument selection dialog? I guess so, although they are at least sorted on alphabet.

Now, this forum is full of App collectors like me.
    And having felt thousands of such Apps, it is some major problem to find any App!

And having them sorted does not fully help, as some Apps show up with a different name as you thought...
    Some may be prefixed with the company name or some abbreviation and so on.

In anything that is a dynamic list, any App should offer a search and sort function, IMHO ;-)

• Downloading...

• @dwrae MIDI routing is still one of the strengths of modular hosts like apeMatrix or AUM over most DAWs:

• @purpan2 said:
    Aha, track colour options! At last - goodbye to purples and mauves :)

Although I don’t see this option in the iphone version?

• So the post says in the next 7 days but it looks as if its live in the App Store

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/audio-evolution-mobile-studio/id1094758623

• @purpan2 said:

@purpan2 said:
    Aha, track colour options! At last - goodbye to purples and mauves :)

Although I don’t see this option in the iphone version?

Does your iPhone run iOS14?

• @joniqwest said:
    So the post says in the next 7 days but it looks as if its live in the App Store

Well, I have never done a staged roll-out on iOS, but at least that's what I selected. It says that on the first day 1% of users get the update. Perhaps you are just lucky! :)

• Well hopefully my luck keeps on going with these requests 😂😂😂

Is SFZ file import still available with the new V3 update. Also is midi loop recording something that can be implemented in AEM similar to Nano Studio , Cubasis, or BM3 ?
    Thanks !

@dwrae said:

@joniqwest said:
    So the post says in the next 7 days but it looks as if its live in the App Store

Well, I have never done a staged roll-out on iOS, but at least that's what I selected. It says that on the first day 1% of users get the update. Perhaps you are just lucky! :)

• How is this daw for routing midi between AUv3 instruments or midi fx? Is it possible to record midi generated in an app like Drambo onto the piano roll / timeline?

• @joniqwest said:
    Well hopefully my luck keeps on going with these requests 😂😂😂

Is SFZ file import still available with the new V3 update. Also is midi loop recording something that can be implemented in AEM similar to Nano Studio , Cubasis, or BM3 ?
    Thanks !

Sure, why would I take something out?
    I need to check what those apps do exactly for loop recording, but if they keep multiple takes it's going to be more difficult than just merging MIDI events.

• @aleyas said:
    How is this daw for routing midi between AUv3 instruments or midi fx? Is it possible to record midi generated in an app like Drambo onto the piano roll / timeline?

There is no MIDI routing present, sorry. The app can record MIDI from apps like iFretless Bass, so I guess so.

• edited December 2020

Not multiple takes ( though that would be nice) this is how I like to work with midi:

1. 1-2 bar count in
    2. Select loop length 2, 4, 8 bars etc
    3. Ability to add new notes with each pass ( overdub)

Please correct me if wrong , I don't believe AEM midi work flow is like this ?

I can use ATOM but like to work in one app at a time if can help it , with the exception of AUM.

@dwrae said:

@joniqwest said:
    Well hopefully my luck keeps on going with these requests 😂😂😂

Thanks !

Sure, why would I take something out?
    I need to check what those apps do exactly for loop recording, but if they keep multiple takes it's going to be more difficult than just merging MIDI events.

• @joniqwest said:
    Not multiple takes ( though that would be nice) this is how I like to work with midi:

1. 1-2 bar count in
    2. Select loop length 2, 4, 8 bars etc
    3. Ability to add new notes with each pass ( overdub)

Please correct me if wrong , I don't believe AEM midi work flow is like this ?

I can use ATOM but like to work in one app at a time if can help it , with the exception of AUM.

Which DAW do you normally use for your workflow?